All reviews living room minute walk gated community beach club amazing hotel fifth avenue the wait staff playacar taxi spa jacuzzi pesos daniel xcaret
Reviewed 25 February 2018

A picture is worth a thousand words so I have attached several. DO NOT STAY HERE. Nothing works, dated, obscenely overpriced - a falling 3 star at best. Air conditioning doesn’t work, linens are threadbare; pool is a joke, hot tub is broken and the sad little swim up bar is where the wait staff wash the cheap place mats! The staff try hard but they have no resources.

Room tip: Stay anywhere but here
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2018

We stayed at the Eurostar Hacienda Vista Real for three nights. The hotel was clean, staff was professional, helpful and friendly, the grounds were beautiful and the breakfast was excellent. The only downside was it is a long walk into the main part of town and to the ocean. However, it feels very safe, comfortable and was a great value.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christi H
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

This is a nice place to relax far from the noice of the downtown and fifth avenue! Good price for a suite for 3. Friendly personal. You can bring your own food and drinks. The only think is no shuttle.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank sihc2278
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

I reservate suit that has two rooms and door which is possible to connet to the swimming pool. But when I arrived the hotel, he said that I had two room and he gave me two rooms on the second floor literally (two card key, seperate two rooms) even didn't have the door to pool. I was so upset about this but we arrived at 1 am and just slept, Next morning I complained about this they didn't care of me and told me that write down whatever you want. Also I asked laundry service, they through away my bag of swimming wear. I gently recommend you guy that DO NOT VISIT THIS PLACE. NEVER.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yaerim J
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

My friend and I stayed in this hotel after staying 3 nights in a hostel. We were hoping it would be a bit of luxury in comparison but were disappointed to find it was quite the opposite. On arrival we were blown away by the beautiful surroundings and building. When we came to check in they had no record of our booking, to the point we had to get print outs as proof. Eventually they found us and let us check in an hour earlier. The suite we stayed in has potential to be lovely but it was dirty in parts with us finding dead mosquitos in the bedding and ink marks all over duvet cover, along with dusty lamps and sideboards. This is no surprise with one poor cleaner cleaning one suite with other rooms on top!! The whole time we stayed there the pool was out of action due to maintenance which defeats the object of a resort. To top it off we needed to check out at 3am and no one was to be seen at reception even though it's a '24hr reception'. We had to leave a note on the desk in the end. The breakfast is very good though and Playa Del Carmen beach (5th avenue) is a 30 min walk away, We did feel quite safe in the gated community.

All in all it is a shame as the hotel has great potential, the buildings and surroundings are fabulous. It just needs some money spending on it and a bit of TLC. We would actually rather have stayed in the hostel, it may be a cheap resort but I would spend a little bit extra and go elsewhere.

Date of stay: September 2017