All reviews small pool ado bus station night shift calle norte working ac hot water ceiling fan ferry to cozumel would stay here again hotel is in a great location mexican charm clean rooms longer stay third floor room safe sister hotel sized bed
Reviewed 13 June 2018

We spent two night here in May. We took a chance on this hotel because we wanted to be where the action is. The location is awesome, close to the beach, restaurants, and live music.

The help was wonderful, they even carried our bags to our room (3rd floor).

When we go back to Playa, this will be our hotel of choice.

Thanks for the wonderful service!

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mackel_1649
Paulina M, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Hacienda del Caribe, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Hell!
Thank you so much for your comments, we are so happy you chose the right hotel for your perfect vacations, if you want to see the city this hotel es perfect , everything is walking distance.

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

An excellent attention by Gerardo and Edson (wine cellar guys), thank you for making our stay the most pleasant, it is always good to feel at home and they both made it possible, thank you very much for attend and make us feel special`s

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Paulina M, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Hacienda del Caribe, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Hello Jair!

Reviewed 8 May 2018

The location of the Hacienda del Caribe has a lot going for it. It is close to food, the beach and the bus station. The room was a generous size. I didn't feel like a sardine or have to apologize to my husband for tripping over him if we both happened to be walking around at the same time. Our little balcony with 2 chairs and a table overlooked Calle 2 norte. There was a club across the street that had something going on 1 night of the 3. I suppose that might bother some people but the hotel is in the heart of Playa del Carmen. It was expected by us. There is an A/C and a TV, but we didn't use either one.

The staff was very friendly greeting us each time we came and went.

We didn't use the pool but it was nice to know it was there if we had wanted to.

I found the bed to be very comfortable. Not too soft and not too firm.

I think my one complaint would be that I felt terrible with the amount of water bottles we used. We bought large ones from the little store across the street to fill smaller ones up, but there was still quite a pile. Other hotels in Mexico I have been to have the 5 gallon containers accessible to the guests with a pitcher in the room. The glasses are already there in the room. The hotdog restaurant in the lobby doesn't serve straws anymore yet straws are far smaller than water bottles.

Great stay! I would go back any time!

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank wanttotravelmore123
Paulina M, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Hacienda del Caribe, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

Hello!
We are going to check about the bottle of waters, is a great suggestion.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

The Hacienda Del Caribe in down-town Playa Del Carmen is a jewel in the middle of paradise. Just over a block from the beach. A block to 5th ave. About 3 blocks to the ferry to Cozumel and 2 blocks to the bus depot where you can get a cheap bus ticket to the ruins in Tallum.

I cannot say enough good things about the staff. From reservations, Paulina,who went out of her way to make sure everything was ready for my arrival. She gave me some valuable advice from taking the bus to some nice establishments close by to check out. I have not meet any one more professional and caring. Thanks Paulina. Right from the start to the end of my trip you made it very memorable.

The people at the front desk, Moises, Berenice, Emmanuel, Vicky, Karen and Karina. They are the most welcoming heart warming people I have ever met at any hotel. They help you with your needs, they make sure you are well looked after and go above and beyond any staff that I have ever met. I consider them my friends and miss them and the hotel greatly. It feels like home to me. I will definitely be going back next year.

The hotel has 24 hour security, Pino, Miguel, Enrique and Fabian are the ones I remember most. They are also there to help you 24/7. Very polite, professional and courteous and respectful. If you need to get up and go do something for a few minutes and don't want to take all your stuff back to your room they will be more then happy to look after it for you while you are gone. If it is late at night and you might be a little noisier then normal they have no problem telling you to tone it down in consideration of the other guests. Very professional and fun to be around and talk with.

The cleanness of the place is just fantastic, Lulu head housekeeper and her sidekick Mary make sure everything is as clean as possible. I never once had any issues with my room not being professionally cleaned or stocked with the room necessities. Their staff is sweeping the open areas constantly. Plants are trimmed and manicured almost daily. Maintenance is their daily to make sure everything is running smooth.

This place is good weather your solo, couple, family or with a group of friends. I have seen this excellent staff cater to groups of any size.

I stayed here for 32 days. And will be coming back next year to stay again. I have meet some wonderful, caring fun people to be around and I consider them family. You will not get that kind of feeling at any other place.

I highly recommend this place for anyone. I guarantee you will be more then satisfied.

Room tip: Any room here is a excellent room for the price you pay. You will not be disappointed.
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank tracy22b
Paulina M, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Hacienda del Caribe, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Hola Tracy!!!
Our Canadien friend in Mexico, we have no words to describe how grateful we are, here HACIENDA DEL CARIBE is your home away from home and we are your family.
Karen, Moises, Lulu, Me, and more, are missing you already, you are special for us and actually we are waiting for you already for the next year, we hope you can come back even this year ;)

Not saying goodbye this a "See you later" our special Tracy!

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

We came for a few days and to try out the scuba diving here in Playa. First of all be very certain about which hotel you make the reservation at as there is another hotel with almost exactly the same name. The center of playa is mainly walking streets and the hotel is located on one of them. The taxi needs to drop
You at the corner of 10th Avenue and 2nd street. The hotel is large and bright yellow. Nice rooms, clean with friendly staff. Great water pressure in the shower! Breakfast is included - coffee fruit and toast. Restaurant onsite.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank valpasnau
Paulina M, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Hacienda del Caribe, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

Hello !