11,111 results
All reviewscactus clubseaside grilldesires barentertainment stafffloor conciergetropical viewour honeymoonpool barhydrotherapy circuitcoco cafesmaller resortromantic dinner on the beachother resortsmy pleasureitalian restaurantturn down serviceall inclusive resort
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Went on a last minute short trip. Have been to silversands and would go there again except beach was not good. Capri had excellent service,good food but the resort itself needed a lot of work. The pool was not safe to swim in. People were cutting their feet on the broken tiles like crazy. Would not even have been in the pool but the ocean was full of seaweed. That time of year for storms though. Also could not beleive the lack of bathrooms around the pool. Took us 2 days to find them. So you know what that means few people left the pool to go to the restroom. Yuck one day the pool smelled like urine.
When going to the main building to go to restroom only 2 out of 4 stalls where working.
Had a good time but will not return. Secrets should be much better quality.

Room Tip: Stay in the inner part of resort
Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank CathyJ993
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

So this was our 2nd trip staying at a “Secrets” property. Our first was a Secrets Marina which was fantastic! A little more expensive than secrets Capri, and our experience between the two mirrored the price difference. secrets Capri is a very nice, high quality facility (ie. not the run down, high volume, cheap feel of some of the less expensive ‘family’ resorts). Absolutely loved the gym! Rooms very clean and nice, albeit out pillows were really uncomfortable and the bed sagged pretty heavily on one side. The A/C doesn’t cool down all that much. Enough for hanging out, but not quite enough to sleep well. Loved the pool, beach, and outdoor activities. In fact, our only disappointment was the quality and variety of the food, along with the food service. Restaurants were “ok”. Notable exceptions: Himitsu was GREAT! Oceana was ICKY! Food staff were usually very nice (usually), but trying to communicate what you want and don’t want is sometimes an excercise in futility. Thankfully i speak Portuguese and some Spanish, which sometimes helped but even then, left us frustrated that staff couldn’t understand what we were asking. Would we go back? Yes, but only if we couldn’t get in to Secrets Maroma, Secrets Akumal, or another resort that is on a slightly higher level.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ted T
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband, best friend and I stayed at Secrets Capri 8/4 - 8/11. My husband and I stayed at Secrets 5 years ago for our honeymoon and decided to celebrate our anniversary here as well. It's a really clean, hospitable resort. The only down-side is the sea weed but that is out of their control. My best friend who decided to tag along (she's not the type to feel like the third wheel) said she wished the resort was a little more happening but my husband and I thought there was plenty to do. Although I don't know why people keep mentioning the entertainment staff because when we stayed we barely even noticed their presence.We didn't need them to have a good time any way. The Desires Music Lounge gets pretty rowdy after 10 or 11. We couldn't help but notice the terrible musty smell in the Lounge though so we didn't spend too much time here. We are in out 30's and would definitely recommend for that age group and up as there is a more "mature" crowd there. Younger people were getting the side-eye when they were getting really rowdy.The food was good but sometimes was weird. It was really hit or miss on American dishes. I was surprised the room service pancakes were really good and the ice cream. If you're an ice cream fan then I highly recommend the vanilla, chocolate and strawberry ice cream. It's not on the menu in room service but if you ask they will say they have it.

1  Thank Shubbz
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We just returned from our first all-inclusive trip to this resort, and we were far from disappointed! Upon arrival we were welcomed home as family, and never felt as though we were treated as any less than family. The hotel is beautiful - I saw some reviews refer to it as "dated" or in need of renovations, but I personally like the uniqueness and historical decor of this hotel over modern-style decor for the location. We were traveling with another couple to celebrate my best friend and I's 50th birthdays, so our first day there we got a birthday banner and a bottle of champagne in our room after check-in. Our rooms were the tropical view rooms, and they were everything we could ask for and more. Marble floors were a little tricky to navigate if you forget to put the bath mat down, so remember to do that! Rubi was wonderful with turn down service, and her special touches with roses/petals were always nice to come back to. We got room service twice and were more than pleased both times. Tip: it can take a while, so if you want room service and like to eat as soon as you wake up or have to leave early, call the night before and have it scheduled and it's right on time.

We were never disappointed at any of the restaurants. We went to Oceana for our 50th birthday dinner celebration, and Gerardo made it extra special with a birthday card and a special birthday dessert and shot. My personal favorite special buffet was the Mexican night. The breakfast buffet was always delish and the one lunch buffet we ate at was mui bueno. Hibachi was delicious and very entertaining. Efren (not sure I'm spelling that correctly) was very fun to watch and got my friend an I involved by letting us try to spin and catch the eggs - which we failed at, lol. Victor was always there to make sure we had everything we needed as well. Lunches were fantastic that we got from the Cactus Club and pool buffet, as well as a couple of breakfasts on the beach. Portofino was delicious, as well.

Juan at the pool bar is a rock star. As mentioned by others, a lot of times he was working alone and kept up with everyone, sometimes having my drink ready before I even knew I needed it. Recendo and Henri were right there on top of things, as well. We never wanted for anything long, if at all. Roberto and Sosa were excellent beach/pool waiters, and we kept them busy!! Daniel was a HUGE help around the pool, getting us the spots we wanted and moving chairs/umbrellas so we could all sit together and keep the "overdone" ones of us in the shade.

Spanish lessons, sushi making lessons, water aerobics and bingo with Yoshi were so much fun and full of laughs. We also played bingo and blackjack with Bernice, and she always had a smile for everyone. It was nice learning about and from them both, as well as everyone there that we encountered.

Yes, there is a lot of seaweed, but those guys on the beach are working very, very hard to keep up with it. It didn't stop us from getting in the ocean and, trust me, if you walk north on the beach to the lagoon (which you should), you will have no complaints about the amount of seaweed or the size of the beach here. Kayaking was more work than I expected (lol) but very enjoyable. Desires was fun with a lot of things to do if you're not into dancing (pool, fooseball, darts, Jenga, board games, cards and poker chips). Casino night was a blast (thanks, Bernice!) and the auction that followed was a lot of fun, too (thanks, Yoshi, Bernice, Alejandro!). I enjoyed feeding the turtles in the lobby, and even got to see a few babies that they would bring out in a little box to give them some time in the sun.

If there has to be a non-positive remark, I would say the pool is somewhat of an issue. I didn't personally injure myself, but we did pull some tile shards off of the bottom that had broken loose. It's easy to see where they are missing, but after a few of those awesome drinks from the pool bar it's easy to forget. The pool was as clean as it could be for the amount of people in and out of it with drinks (and spilling drinks), and I saw someone cleaning it several times throughout our stay.

The size of the resort may be small, but we actually enjoyed that part of it. It's just the right size to not have to walk too far to get to things (especially in August heat), and you can enjoy quiet times with just the right amount of crazy sprinkled in. Everyone there went above and beyond to make sure we had the best time we could possibly have. And, keep in mind, a lot of these folks work 12-14 hour days, 6 days a week. We loved it there and already miss it.

We definitely plan to return, hopefully sooner than later!!

Room Tip: Our tropical room was quiet (327)
2  Thank Donna S
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is by far the best All-Inclusive experience my wife and I have enjoyed. After reading some reviews prior to our trip, of course there were a few details worth noticing and room for improvement, but, as Spanish speaking people, and also being opened to know and find the richness of what other cultures can offer, we decided to set aside the criticisms, and see what the place in general would offer to make our 26th wedding anniversary a big hit. And they did it.
Before our flight landed in Cancun, we saw the bands of zargazos (seaweed) lining up along the stretch of coast, so we knew firsthand that we will encounter this issue, so we got prepared in our conscience to deal with it. There're not enough human-made resources to deal with a problem of such magnitude. However, day by day, employees are dedicated to do what they can to keep the area clean.
We were not able to find an employee that wouldn't greet us as we went by. We could easily fill this blog with names that stamped a seal of gratitude, and guaranteed a returning place for us. Although my favorite was Violeta, for her dedicated service not only as the metre captain at the Italian restaurant, but she also participated at any major event offered at the location, I cannot pass everyone starting from the reception, including Vanessa and Faustina, Erik and the guys from the resort's animation team, Roberto and Teresa with such a dedicated customer service at the pool, and at the beach, Mario, the chief at the buffet restaurant, which includes Yaritza, the outstanding omelettes cook in the mornings. Rosa was spotless in keeping our room fresh and spotless, surprising us with those bed arrangements. And the list goes on, but the attention from basically everyone was very dear to us during our stay.
It caught our attention the facilities design, a touch between Mediterranean and the colonial era, arches everywhere, and balconies are concatenated, being kept closed to each other. We've heard this resort is about 20 yrs old, but they're making sure is kept up to standard.
We're definitely ready to go back, although we will like to take a peek to the other facilities, like the one in Akumal, which is the most recent. My wife and I decided to become members of Unlimited Vacations Club.

Room Tip: Although the Ocean-side rooms might be better, the Deluxe Tropical side rooms are quieter.