“The best place for art and artists in Playa del Carmen”
Review of Le Lotus Rouge

Le Lotus Rouge
Ranked #117 of 1,483 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: Fusion
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are an innovative art concept. When you enter into Le Lotus Rouge you are plunging into an art world. All arts are representeted. We combine culinary and performing arts in an intimate setting. Le Lotus Rouge is a multicultural art scene. We have 5 salons representing the five continents wher you can spend time dreaming and travelling in your mind. During your stay you might take art classes here. We have a beautiful stylished circus structure with acrobatic fabrics and an acrobatic hook. You might play music instruments , paint, read art books, dance , play chess or just dream an unlash your imagination and creativity. Our World Art Language School provides classes in 4 foreign languages through the arts of the 5 continents, a patented unique method. And a path towards peace in the world. Welcome to our art world.
Reviewed 3 December 2017

I ve gone to Lotus for years. I always feel at home. Natasha the owner makes me feel that way. I can read books, play instruments, draw, drink, eat super good, see other artists and present my own art.
I belong to a theatre company and thanks to the support of Lotus (Natasha) we have presented our work for years!!!
I also do my own music and Lotus (Natasha) has been always supportive to my music. There I have developed my skills as an artist.
The location is great, right outside of the buzz of fifth av. but close enough to gather and have a good time with local people, a little away from the turist area.
Every night theres always a live act. Always music, performance, theatre.
Inside is so great, with all these different ambiences, all these different theme rooms to relax with friends and get a different feeling in each space.
Natasha is a great artist, her art is warm, original and colorful.
Magical place, cosy and artistic. A place to let yourself go and feel like you are inside of a surreal painting, play, studio or at home.

poesiedunord, Propriétaire at Le Lotus Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Thank you so much, Manuel.
It is a pleasure knowing you and your artistic talents.
Thanks so much to the Playback theater actors!!!!!!You are doing a great job!You are contributing to the development of culture in Playa del Carmen.

Welcome at any time in my art oasis.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

This place is a surprise every time you go. I go to see Opera, Jazz and Acrobatics all in one night in the funkiest setting ever. Its now going to be my place for a drink when I am bored and need a jolt of life. Explore the rooms, each is dynamic and the owner and the staff are fantastic. You go to Le Lotus Rouge for a surprise. Never check whats playing just walk in and let your senses get overloaded.

1  Thank Hamid V
poesiedunord, Propriétaire at Le Lotus Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Thank you so much, Hamid.We hope to continue to make you happy whenever you are in Playa del Carmen.Thanks for your support.
Cordially
Natasha

Reviewed 2 May 2017

The atmosphere in this place is second to non. I went for a belly dancing class and was treated to much more. The design is eleclectic and dramatic, a sight to be seen and enjoyed. The evening kicked off with a show from young girls doing acrobatics on hanging silks surrounded by their families and follow belly dancing wanna bees. The owner was so kind and generous, tying belly dancing sarongs around our (unfortunately) belly's and the teacher was excellent.

No Spanish required as we followed her movements and directions by pointing to hips etc. Everyone had a wonderful evening and just when I thought it was over an acoustic guitar and singer started up.

Thankyou so much to the owner, staff and families. I felt very at home in this wonderful setting and will be back again.

1  Thank Kate G
Reviewed 12 March 2017

We can't thank Le Lotus for their friendly and fun atmosphere...The owner is sweet and kind....With all its artistic flare this place is a MUST go to!!!!!

1  Thank beadwoman21
Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

It was our last night in Playa, aTuesday (7/3/17). My friend and I, along with our new friend had had a nice chat in the Hostel Alme nearby until 11:30 and wanted a bite to eat and a nightcap. We were intending to go towards the centre but we'd seen this florid joint nearby from afar so went to investigate.

As we approached it drew us in. A TA sticker helped us along ;-). A guy (tourist) was smoking outside on the pavement and beckoned us in saying karaoke was at the back. Karaoke is not my scene but the place seemed amazing. We ventured in through the lavish rooms and to a quite busy open roofed room with a stage and tourists singing their hearts out to Spanish and french songs.

Tables were available and we checked the drinks menu - cheap - so planted ourselves with a good view.

I rushed back to get our quieter shyer friend but he was not up for it. I met another hostel guest and the hostel's boss saying I was off to this amazing place. The boss recognised it from my pics. The guest was not sure. I left them to return to LLR get a drink.

The crowd was in good spirits and we ended up with that young Alme resident joining us and singing a couple of songs (we did not btw) and we got through a couple of beers each (including one michelada for me).

The decor was unique and we explored the extra rooms and 'art objects' around. The owner, Natasha, had been welcoming guests (as we were welcomed earlier) and reminded me of Joanna Lumley. The karaoke hostess was conducting the proceedings and there was one young woman with a particularly fine voice who shone out from the struggling and (a bit drunk) keen clientele!

As we were leaving (at 02:30!) bar closed at 02:00 the staff (Natasha had gone to bed at 01:00) told us that there was an Italian singer the next night at 20:30 with Italian food on offer! Pity we would miss it as moving on. Im going to tell the Italian owner if Alme about it now!

The night was probably a lot better than the 'planned' snack and bar in the centre. Thank goodness we found it, cheap, convivial and so close too!

1  Thank Mike K