1,344 results
All reviews outdoor shower plunge pool ikal del mar coral grill mayan indulgence royal villa our honeymoon individual villas signature villa private jungle all inclusive package tour of the grounds thatched roof day bed sun deck ceviche spider monkeys
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Originally, my wife and I had planned to go out and around but we had such a relaxing time at the resort we never left the property. I agree with the other comments that the service from the staff was incredible. From the time they met us when our car pulled up to the time they loaded us up to leave, the service never missed a beat. The staff in the spa, the restaurants, and at the beach were incredible. They were friendly and attentive without being annoying. It was great.

On top of that, the physical resort is also terrific. Even after seeing the pictures on the website, we were really impressed by the individual villas. The private little pools on each villas back patio next to your own hammock and outdoor couch were awesome. The rooms and bathrooms and were large and super comfortable with everything we needed.

The other nice thing is that this place is quiet and peaceful. Because you're in your own villa, you can't hear any of the other guests. With no kids allowed and only about 40 villas there is enough room for everyone staying there to lie at the beach or hit the restaurant or the pool whenever you need without having to crawl over a thousand other people hanging around.

I've stayed at several different places up and down the Cancun-Playa del Carmen area but as long as they keep the quality of the Viceroy up to what we saw last week I won't stay anywhere else on future trips.

p.s. A few people have mentioned the mosquitos and we found the same thing. You'll want to make sure that you spray on some bug repellant while you're there.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
11  Thank Corey R
VRMManagement, General Manager at Viceroy Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2012

Dear CRX_12,
I would like to thank you for sharing your comments about your recent trip to Viceroy Riviera Maya.
The layout of our property allow our guest to have not only the privacy they are looking for but also to being close enough of our different areas within a pleasantly walking distance among our paths, which are surrounded by jungle vegetation.
Once that you are in our property we take care of pampered each one of our guest, so practically there is no need to being around when you can be relaxing in our pool, having a massage or just having a drink at our pool side bar.
We thank you again for such a wonderful comments and look forward to have you back.

Reviewed 21 August 2012

We visited Viceroy in August 2012 right after storm Ernesto and the place was perfect. You would have never known a storm had just passed by. The property was perfect. The sand, the grounds were all manicured.

From the minute you step out of your taxi when you arrive, to the time you leave...you will love every minute of your stay. I never write reviews but this place is worth it. I have to agree with Ronan K. Viceroy Riveria Maya is wonderful, beautiful place!

The property, the rooms and the STAFF are all wonderful and if you go, you have to make sure to order a drink from Pepe. Pepe is great!

P.S. This place is so amazing, we are considering having our wedding there!

Room Tip: Every room is wonderful!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Look2MeNow

Dear Look2meNow,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding about your recent stay at Viceroy Riviera Maya.
We would like to thank you for consider us as a venue to celebrate your weeding.
I totally agree with you about the staff, that is one of our most valuable pillars in our resorts and have shared your comments already with them.
Our villas have a special atmosphere where you feel in your own paradise amidst the jungle.
It will be a real pleasure to host such a special event for you.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 21 August 2012

What separates this hotel from the rest is the service and staff. If you're looking to be pampered, this is the place to be. The villas are spacious, quiet and private and I believe every villa has its own private pool, at least ours did. We were very impressed with the level of service the Viceroy offered and how attentive the staff was to the smallest detail. While eating at the outdoor restaurant (by the way, the food was delicious!), we decided to “hold” a couple of lounge chairs by leaving our magazines and lotions on them. After finishing our meals, we returned and were pleasantly surprised to find our lounge chairs covered with clean towels done by the staff. Viceroy is also the only hotel (from what we can see) with a pier extending out to the water. You can take a dip or lounge out which has a feeling of being on your own little island. If you do take a dip and upon your walk back to the beach, you’ll be greeted by a staff member at the end of the pier holding clean towels for you to dry off with. Now THAT’S SERVICE!!! We will be definitely recommending the Viceroy to our family and friends.

3  Thank JAYintheBX
Reviewed 14 August 2012

We were amazed with the beauty and tranquility the Viceroy had to offer. If you're looking to relax with peace and quiet, this is the place to be. You won't find apartment style rooms in this hotel...Viceroy has very clean, large and comfortable private villas with your own private pool. But what separates this place from the rest is the service. WOW! Hands down the best we have experienced.

Here's a quick example of what I mean... The Viceroy has its own private pier (the only hotel to have one from what we could see) which extends out to the clear blue water. You decide to take a dip in the water then walk back to the beach to dry off in the sun. Here's the kicker, many guests were pleasantly shocked to be greeted by a staff member at the edge of the pier waiting to hand you a dry towel. Who does that??? The Viceroy, that's who!!!

Food was excellent and the staff is very attentive and friendly. If you're looking to lay out in a cabana or lounge chair, be warned, you'll be intercepted by a staff member whom has already half way completed setting it up with clean towels for your comfort. Amazing!

I'd definitely recommend the Viceroy Riviera Maya to all my friends and family headed for relaxation in Mexico!

3  Thank JAYintheBX R

Dear JayintheBX R,
I do appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay at Viceroy Riviera Maya.
We are always looking for new ways to surprise our guest, and the setting and décor of our Villas give them a unique atmosphere where we try to make you feel at home.
We thank you for comments about the food and our attentive staff. We are dedicated not only to provide an excellent stay but also to anticipate our guest needs.
We look forward to your next visit in our jungle refuge.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 14 August 2012

This place was so much than I expected... I recently stayed their for my best friend's wedding. Spending vacation and celebrating happy times with friends of course was the best part of the trip but couldn't haved ask for better place to be. I loved every experinces while I stayed there.

Room was beautiful and romantic. Great for a couple if you are looking for romantic get away. I also enjoyed every meals at the resort, especially Cervice de la marea. Sipping Pina Colada or Modelo Especial with friends by poolside made me escape from everyday life! (Pepe is the best server!!!) Staffs were the definitely part of best experiences there. They are welcoming, kind and provided all of us attentive services. Resort is perfect size, not too big but not too small and yes, you will be calling them by their name and they will too :)

I will definitely love to go back there again! Hopefully very soon...

3  Thank Mari F
VRMManagement, General Manager at Viceroy Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2012

Dear Mary F,
I appreciate that you have shared your comments regarding your recent stay at Viceroy Riviera Maya.
Definitely there is nothing better than spend time with your friends and family. We do appreciate that you have given us the opportunity to host you all for such a special event.
As you mention, our staff is one of the most attentive and caring. I denifetely agree with you, Pepe is our "gem". I have already share your comments with him.
All our Villas are spacious and private. It is also very nice to hear that you enjoy our Ceviche and our beverages. We try to offer a variety of options so you can enjoy something different every day.
We look forward to your next visit whenever you have an opportunity.