My wife and I recently got married at the Viceroy Riviera Maya and we highly recommend this resort as a premier resort and destination wedding. From the minute we stepped on the property, we were treated like royalty and felt at home. This resort is unlike the large scale Mexican resorts, because all of the villas are separate rooms surrounded by a jungle oasis. Our room was completely private from other guests. We felt like we were by ourselves.
Not only are the grounds immaculate, but the food and service were excellent. We highly recommend the fish tacos, La Marea ceviche, Micheladas and the Antojeria. In addition, the service is outstanding and attentive. They literally wait on you hand and foot.
As for our wedding, we would not have changed a thing. The hotel provided us a wedding coordinator, Laura Reyes, who is extremely helpful and responsive. Even though we did not buy out the Viceroy, we still felt like we had the resort to ourselves.
Overall, we and our guests had an amazing time. Whether you are sleeping under one of the palapas, eating by the beach or lounging in your plunge pool, you cannot miss staying here. So, if you are looking for an ideal vacation getaway or a special wedding destination, the Viceroy Riviera Maya is perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 35 minutes from Cancun International Airport and three miles from popular Playa del Carmen, Viceroy Riviera Maya is a serene hideaway set on the turquoise Caribbean amid a lush jungle ambiance. As Riviera Maya’s #1 resort in Conde Nast Traveler’s 2011 Readers’ Choice Awards, Viceroy offers world-class amenities, personalized pampering, exquisitely appointed villa accommodations with private patio and plunge pool, refined Mexican cuisine accented with international touches at La Marea and Mexican-Mediterranean fare at the seaside Coral Grill. Mayan influences abound, from the Mayan Blessing performed on arrival by the resort’s Shaman to the Mayan healing techniques offered at the award-winning spa. A Lagoon Pool, private pier, fitness center and traditional temazcal sweatlodge are among the resort’s many other pleasures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Viceroy Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viceroy Riviera Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Tides Riviera Maya Hotel
- Tides Riviera Maya Resort
- Ikal Del Mar
- Viceroy Riviera Maya Mexico - Playa Del Carmen