“What Fun. Make sure to get the dinner afterwards!”

Spearfishing Playa del Carmen
More attraction details
Owner description: Our 1/2 day charter is a 4 hour hunting expedition at different locations to ensure the best chances of spearing fish. The equipment consists of spear guns of all sizes and makes (AB Biller, Cressi Sub, Picasso, Sporasub), real spearfishing masks, weights and fins. Yes, you are welcome to bring your own equipment, also all hunters have a spear fishing permit and licenses included. Non-hunting passengers / snorkelers are also welcome to join the hunters adventure. Water and fruits are also included.
Reviewed 4 January 2017

I went with my family during the holidays. My 12 year old and I did the spearfishing while my wife and daughters snorkeled. Lots of fun. Make sure to have the dinner at the local restaurant that uses the fish from the trip. Nothing is fresher. Take plenty of photos afterwards!

2  Thank Edward B

Reviewed 18 November 2016

I CANNOT say enough about Javier and Cynthia who run this dive! We were all beginners (& I, myself, am not a strong swimmer) and he took the time to teach us everything we needed to know. Spear fishing is NOT joke and takes A LOT of work, so this trip is not for the faint of heart, but if you like to sun tan while they work hard to get you fish, the cook-out following the spear fishing trip is absolutely DELICIOUS!!!!! Javier WILL get you fish, even if your group is not experienced enough to get your own. He is VERY patient and works extremely hard. When one of our girls got seasick, they even took her back to the dock. He filets the fishes and then takes you over to the little restaurant nearby and they cook it up SO WONDERFULLY. There was WAY too much food and we all over-ate because it was so good. If you are wanting to try spearfishing, this company/guy is IT!!!!

1  Thank Lia T
Reviewed 30 May 2016

My wife and I did this trip the afternoon of May 29th. I give these guys 4 stars because they are very nice people and are good at what they do. The only one thing that would have been helpful is to have known we would need to dive 30/40 feet to find the fish. Even when discussing on the phone it wasn't mentioned. If you are a beginner and have maybe done some snorkeling around the sanotes, caverns, or even shallow abalone diving in the pacific, that's not good enough! I've done the above and this is something I've also wanted to try for a long time but now something I'll never do again. This is not a relaxing snorkeling trip but instead a trip for serious free divers who can bail out of the boat in a seconds notice and can hold their breath for minutes. I imagine the conditions are different on different days but on this day the water was rough enough that I couldn't catch my breath with my head above water at all and had to have the snorkel in at all times, the current felt strong, and the waves would beat you to near death while trying to climb the ladder back on the boat. Now again these guys are good! They are big on gun safety, breathing technique, etc and will find fish at whatever cost, they can go deeper and stay under long enough to cause brain damage in most people. I am an outdoors person 6'1 190 pounds and consider my self to be in pretty good shape. My wife is 5'4 110 pounds and works out relentlessly, she didn't spend more than 10 minutes in the water because it was too rough and wasn't willing to go that deep. I'm not disappointed with Arpon in any way whatsoever, only my own abilities and the fact that maybe I didn't ask enough questions before I booked the trip.

4  Thank Marty K
Reviewed 31 August 2015

I'm an avid spear fisherman and have been spearing for many years. I booked a trip with Arpon Spear Fishing hoping to score some fish. I did!! Javi and his crew really know the reefs well and will put you on fish. Arpon has a very nice panga boat and riding out to the reefs is a pleasant ride. I had such a good time diving the first day I booked an additional two days. Looking forward to my next trip down to Playa Del Carmen to do some more spearing with Javi and the crew!!

1  Thank 010_john_010
See more reviews
Reviewed 6 August 2015

My son and I do a lot of 'traditional' fishing at home in the states, so on a recent trip to Mexico decided to try something new, and went spearfishing with Javi - had a great time! Javi runs a first class operation, and while we missed a few shots, Javi and our other guide, Marte', kept things interesting. One of the other hunters shot a large barracuda, from which we received a large fillet, later cooked for us at a local restaurant - delicious! If you think spearfishing in Mexico might be something you'd like to try, we highly recommend Javi!