My wife and daughter and I just spent one week in Playa del Carmen at the newly built Paradisus La Esmeralda. We booked a last minute holiday and were very, very pleased with the week we spent. The staff were so kind and helpful to me and my family. They seemed to go out of their way everyday to say hi, to say hello to my 4 year old daughter that they got to know by name and to my wife and I. We spent each day in the buffet restaurant for breakfast and for most lunches. The food was great, the omelettes were fantastic, abundant choices of fruit, fruit juices, coffee, cafe latte's, etc. We had lunch at The Market one day and realized what a great place it was as well for lunch and dinner. We got to know some of the staff and had some nice and interesting conversations with them. Hats off to Pablo who manages the buffett and to his team especially Raphael, Israel, Jose, Geronimo to name a few. Every night was a 5 star experience at the restaurants: Mole, Vente, The Market, Bana. I travel internationally for work and get tired of 5 star food but for some reason, I really loved the food. We did not have one meal than earned less than a 5 star. In fact, knowing that my daughter might not want some of the "adult food" they suggested alternatives such as pasta with parmesan which she ate - every noodles. Wish we could get her to do the same at home. The pools were excellent especially the pools behind our room. Our daughter loved the kids pools, the Pirate Ship, Shark slide, etc. They even served cotton candy and snow cones by the pools. The pool side restaurant which served burgers, hot dogs, chicken wings was an excellent place to snack in between meals. The furniture and decor was phenomenal. La Esmeralda is a place that we'll visit again. We felt safe and comforted in this beautiful little known secret in Playa del Carmen. We've been to Mexico 15 times now and have stayed at many 4 and 5 star hotels. In our opinion, this was the best thus far. We wanted a place that was going to be safe for us and especially for our daughter and we found it. Oh, the Kids Club was awesome. They were so nice to us and to our daughter. She didn't want to leave she was enjoying the crafts and play groups so much. If you want to visit a place with excellent food, great service and beautiful rooms and decor, this is the place. The beach was nice although a bit rocky in some area's but the beach is better in the north side (family side) of the beach and not quite as nice on the south side considered the adult side - La Perla. There is a section behind The Market restaurant that is outstanding - almost looks like something you would see in South Beach Miami. The furniture is very high-end, white, plastic and much of it is lit at night in white, blue and read. It was almost always empty which was sad because it was a gorgeous area for people to enjoy relaxing. I'd highly recommend this resort and this is the first time I've written a review because this is the first hotel that I felt deserved a review. Thanks to everyone for a GREAT family holiday. We'll see you again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the beach and surrounded by mangrove trees, Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda is an all-inclusive four Diamond resort with its promise of all-inclusive fun and LUXExclusive experience designed with the entire family. All suites feature a private balcony or terrace and include air conditioning with climate control, free Wi-Fi, 24-hour room Service, cable TV service, Minibar, in-room safe, complimentary toiletries, bathrobes, living area with sofa and a coffee maker. Services for relaxation and pampering include a YHI Spa, a hair salon ($), Wedding services, tours/ticket assistance and a business center. World-class facilities including Family Concierge ($), Fitness, YHI Kids, Kids Zone, Kids Club, Baby Club, Game Room, Life enriching experience, Kids Pool. The resort offers 14 restaurants to choose from which are open daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Melia, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda Riviera Maya, Mexico