We stayed here for a week in mid-March. We were celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary. Needless to say, we had a most memorable time in Playa del Carmen but it never would have been possible without having picked the perfect hotel. It came highly recommended and now it is clear why. The bang for your buck is only one of the draws here. The reception area is always staffed and very friendly and helpful. The free wi-fi was a huge plus and when we wanted to use the hotel desktop wiith internet, it was almost always accessible. The grounds of the property are maintained impeccably and this is from someone who has installed and maintained tropical gardens. Even Rob the hotel manager can be occasionally seen tidying up the landscape during his many site inspections. He sets the example for his employees to follow when it comes to service and presentation. The rooms were always cleaned to a high standard and unlike many hotels in this area, there were no issues with operational aspects of one's stay.
Now for the restaurant/bar: We were blown away by the food, drinks and service. The VIP plan was well worth the price. Needless to say, we have tried all-inclusive at other hotels and it involves bodies in lines to consume mainly processed food,high-fructose drinks and one beer choice. Here we could order what we wanted and have it prepared and served fresh. Delicious. I want to point out that my wife and I have been trying to eat healthy and the staff here went all out to accomodate us with ingredients that they already had on hand. We were blown away when on our second night, we saw Jaques Pepin dining at the restaurant. Yes, the world famous chef-Jaques Pepin. Turns out he is friends with Chef Marco and if the dining here is good enough for JP then it certainly should pass muster with the pickiest and peskiest diner.
The privacy one could have when catching rays was incredible as there are so many places (patios and loungers at all levels) to lounge here. We really were pleased when the pool area did not have blasting techno music and loud kids as so many places round here have. The bar is far enough from the rooms to not interfere with napping or sleeping and it is lively until about 10:30-11 p.m. Then the entire property is very quiet for one's slumber. If you are not ready to retire, there is always La Avenida only a few steps away.
I could go on but can only say that if you want paradise, the right geograpical place is where you start but it is not enough if you are not lodging, lounging, dining and drinking at the right place. This place definitely stands out and the very reasonable rates make it even more appealing......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aventura Mexicana - Your oasis of silence & beauty in the heart of Playa Del Carmen We're an American owned, top ranked TripAdvisor hotel & restaurant located just 1/2 block from Playa's popular 5th Avenue and 2 blocks from the beach! We're a friendly boutique hotel with lush, tropical courtyards and waterfalls, 2 swimming pools and 3 sundecks. Guest rooms feature 1 King bed or (2) Queen beds, inroom wi/fi, air conditioning, flat screen TVs, phones, private bathrooms and most rooms have balconies or verandas. Our hotel amenities include our Mayan Bistro (TripAdvisor top ranked casual restaurant / bar), free cooked-to-order breakfast, free wi/fi, free parking, beach club access, discounted gym passes and spa services. Our Guest Services manager is a tour and transportation expert and can answer all your questions about the area! Our Mayan Bistro offers breakfast, lunch, dinner & room service and THE VIP. THE VIP is our all inclusive option with fresh, made to order gourmet food and premium beer, wine and cocktails. THE VIP is only available through our website. Come have a wonderful vacation with us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers and LoveHolidays so you can book your Aventura Mexicana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Mexicana Hotel
- Aventura Mexicana Playa Del Carmen
- Aventura Mexicana Riviera Maya, Mexico - Playa Del Carmen