“The highlight of our honeymoon dining experiences”
Review of Madre Tierra

Madre Tierra
Reserve with OpenTable
Madre Tierra is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #160 of 1,466 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 23 July 2015

My husband and I came here on a late Monday evening during our honeymoon trip. The layout of the restaurant is kind of fun because you can look down at the street below. We were seated toward the back which left it rather quiet from the street outside. Our server was very friendly and explained us anything we were unsure of. I ordered flank steak while my husband did the Brazilian style steak and ceviche and a salad. This has to be one of the fanciest cesar salads ever prepared. The guy making it did it at our table and made the dressing from scratch. It tasted amazing as well. My husband also loved his ceviche. As for the steaks, mine was fantastic. My husband did enjoy his but says he should have gotten it cooked as medium-well as the steak is very thick and needs more time to cook for the flavor. For dessert, we did cheesecake and mango sorbet. Even that was amazing. Our table was cleaned and rearranged after every dish so it was always clean and everyone was attentive to us. We even had a touristy couples picture done by a random photographer (which I normally hate) but this place was so good, I was in the mood for it. As for pricing, we paid around $120 for all of our food which seemed more than what we normally spend but I can't say anything was at all bad here. I'd absolutely recommend it.

Reviewed 20 July 2015 via mobile

Located above 5th avenue in the middle of Playa Del Carmens shopping strip is this great restaurant . Very well
Priced and a huge range of food offered, will be making my 7th stop there before I leave

Reviewed 2 July 2015

It was pouring rain so we decided not to walk any further on 5th. ave. Have been to the restaurant before so we knew it was good. We ate upstairs. Started with very good salads. I had a shrimp dish which was very good, I asked with no garlic and that was not a problem. My friend had a spaghetti dish that was very good. The manager Rodrigo, who we know came by and welcomed us back and talked for a few minutes. The service was very good. Will go there again.

Reviewed 26 June 2015 via mobile

Great position looking down on 5th Avenue... Had the mushrooms stuffed with shrimp for starters .. Very tasty and followed by a perfect fillet steak ... Well presented and cooked to perfection.. Staff were very attentive and helpful ... Quick service with a smile ... Well done guys

Reviewed 3 June 2015

Welcoming stairs - but staff not very attentive. Staff standing around on their phones. Most times we walked past we saw maybe 2-6 ppl dining there. They need to up their service.