We are in our thirties and travelled to RPM in February with Delta Vacations out of Detroit, MI. Our flight to Cancun was 20 minutes early as was our departure home. As it's our sixth visit to the RPM that in itself is telling of how much we enjoy the resort and its exceptional staff. The gorgeous beach is endlesss and clean with much shade to be found in the way of palm trees and hammocks. The pool and grounds will be getting a remodel this fall. Watching Luis Riu and his team brainstorming at the resort was evident of how big these changes are going to be. Service at this resort is absolutely amazing from the wait staff to the managers and is what sets this hotel apart from others that we have frequented. Manager Maria Jose, Director Francesca and Sub-Director Fermin made personal efforts to make us as return guests feel very welcome ~ as well as the entire Riu staff who couldn't do enough to make our stay more enjoyable. We found the strength of the drinks perfect, and never had to ask for one~ RPM is amazing with this...
We rated the specialty restaurants as 1. the Fusion Krystal 2. the Japanese, Miyagi 3. the steakhouse. We didn't try their Brazillian restaurant. We found the buffet to be full of variety and flavour with great presentation each night and our favourite place to eat. The chocolate sushi was surprisingly wonderful as was the new coffee/cappuccino machine in the lobby. Entertainment was the usual nightly shows, but in addition to this some very fun nights of salsa and games in the courtyard creating a fun, lively atmosphere ~ a little different from years past. For some added livelier entertainment, the Riu Tequila was just across the street to mix things up, with the Yucatan next door a close second to the Tequila.
We took some nice walks into Playa and found the vendors to be fun and pretty laid back. Had a great stay despite all the rain and can't wait to see all the amazing changes to come ~ one thing that won't change thankfully, will be the amazing Riu staff...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on the Yucatan peninsula, 3 km / 1.9 Miles from Playa del Carmen * Within the Playacar resort, along with the Riu Palace Riviera Maya, Riu Yucatan, Riu Playacar and the ClubHotel Riu Tequila hotels * 2-storey building * Surrounded by 20,000 m2 / 24,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Located on the beach * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 200 m / 650 feet from Mexican Street * 55 km / 34 miles from Cancun Int. Airport * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, HotelQuickly and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Mexico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Mexico Hotel
- Riu Palace Mexico Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Palace Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Palace Mayan Riviera
- Riu Playa Del Carmen
- Mexico Palace Riu
- Riu Mexico
- Rui Palace Mexico
- Hotel Riu Palace Mexico Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen