10,826 results
All reviews royal service mole the grill south bar gabi club la palapa restaurant yhi spa swim up suite dinner reservations alfredo butler service guest services our honeymoon bali beds pool party all inclusive resort personal butler
Reviewed 17 June 2018

I was a return guest to La Perla, after having a great first trip, my husband and I decided to celebrate our marriage here with friends and family. There were a few snags with the group block, partly due to our guests needs but also due to the difficulty to reach someone at the resort by anything other than email. It took me over 100 emails back and forth to get everything worked out prior to our trip. In the future, I would definitely work with a travel agent for such an occasion.

The property is very nice, although in the two years since our first stay, it seems to have deteriorated some. Several of our guests had issues in their rooms such at broken refrigerators, shower leaking and those types of things. Our room was fine, but must have been above construction or a mechanical area because it was very loud early in the morning every morning. Service in the resort checking in and restaurants and bars is excellent. We had some amazing employees trying to help us with our check in issues for our group, and great servers everywhere we went.

The excellent service stops with the entry level staff. Be warned that if you travel here and have any issues at all, the management is absolutely the worst I have ever seen. We had so many issues with getting everyone booked, checking in and getting any help whatsoever from management. My husband and I spent HOURS over several days of our trip in the lobby trying to get things figured out or waiting to talk to management. They have done nothing at this point in time to help correct anything, although I brought copies of emails showing that I was told one thing but it was not followed through with. Even the staff in the lobby agreed that something should be done, but even at the corporate level of Melia, nothing has been done. I was told several times that someone would contact me, which did not happen. I have had to repeatedly email again to get any response, but mostly just ignored.

In all, we had a good time once we finally got everyone checked in and rooms corrected, but also had to pay a lot more to get this worked out than was originally quoted. Several of our guests are upset with the issues of the resort, others did not have any issues. If you travel here, just hope that you do not have any issues, because they will not be dealt with for you. I will no longer support any Melia property due to their lack of customer service.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 17 June 2018

we stayed for 4 nights in this hotel and it was more that i expected after all what i had read about it. everyone at the front desk was amazing, the service is the treasure of this complex. Little details all the time to make you feel special and well cared. Special greetings for Our concierge Fernanda Gutierez, who took care of us very well. She sent champagne and straw

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Paradisus Playa del Carmen “La Perla” Adult only Resort is very beautiful. My husband and I celebrated our 1st year anniversary and the staff made sure it was special. We received surprises from sun up to sun down! The staff was very professional anywhere we went. Of course All inclusive should includes everything but at this location 2 out of 14 restaurants were not included which was not a big deal being that we had so many choices to choose from. Although the beach is horrible due to it being covered in seaweed the pools were very clean and crystal clear water. If I had to stay again I WOULD MOST DEFINITELY CHOOSE PARADISUS PLAYA DEL CARMEN “La Perla”!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rokeisha M
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

My new hubby and I booked a seven night stay at La Perla and we were so beyond impressed. Every single staff we met were so genuinely nice. I would totally come here again but wish there were more activities to do when it rains (it rained every day) and there were minimal vegetarian options on the menu. Also, we were very disappointed by the seaweed covering the beach but they were doing their best to remove it.

The restaurants were amazing! There were several that were buffet and several that required reservations. The food was four course-style and my crumbs were even cleaned off mid-meal! Super amazing experience.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Esteban, Victor and Marco activities team are the best. Unfortunately our trip was overtaken by rain and storms, but they found ways to keep us entertained! The resort is really nice. It is a little more difficult for picky eaters, and not as much to do if it is raining, except eating and drinking

1  Thank Brooke T