“Saving Grace” 5 of 5 bubbles

Los Aguachiles
Ranked #54 of 1,155 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Price range: US$15 - US$48
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Denver, Colorado
“Saving Grace”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

We were so disappointed with the restaurants when we went to Playa del Carmen this past August, it was our first time there and we were eating at places close to our condo hotel and couldn’t believe the outrageous prices or how bad the food was… then we found Aguachilies! This place was amazing--fresh seafood, laid back atmosphere, not too expensive, good micheladas (my addiction when traveling in Mexico), good service (not a lot of english spoken if that maters to you). If you are looking for something fancy this is not the place for you, if you are looking for good food that tastes like Mexico and is super fresh then I highly recommend this place.

• Visited August 2011

• Korean first
Chicago
“ABSOLUTELY believe the reviews!!! This place is TOPS for seafood.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

I've been going here for three years, and it has never EVER let me down. I sometimes have dreams about their shrimp ceviche tostada's with the 9 sauces to go with them. Please someone transport me back there, pronto!
A little off the beaten path, but so very well worth it. Everything is amazing, including the guacamole with sunflower sprouts on top, the halibut and shrimp tostadas, the tempura shrimp tacos, and much more.
OH, and did I mention that the heaping platefuls of shrimp on my tostada are only $3!!!!!???
This place should rank #1 in Playa for sure. But you know what? Let's keep this secret to ourselves, and let the fakers get those top rankings on here. :-)

• 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank HungryDave
Louisiana
“Glad they're in Mexico & not in my town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

As an owner of a Mexican restaurant, I constantly travel Mexico researching new & old culinary trends. Although this restaurant appears to be just a big palapa shack, it really shines once you're inside. Don't be surprised if you're the only gringo family in there, as this is very much a locals place. The seafood tacos & ceviche verde make me glad this place is in Mexico & not in my town! They're that good! Service was quick & friendly. Cost was the lowest I saw in Playa. We hit this place 3x in one week. Only Problem: They close at 6pm. If & when they decide to stay open later, they'll seriously crush thier competitiors.

Playa del Carmen
“Great food, always packed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

We are here for a lunch at least once a week. The ceviches and tostadas are sooo good! The kids love their fried shrimp tacos while I go for the healthy "Figurines" - fresh raw tuna in a lettuce leaf! Located well out of the tourist zone, this place is still popular with residents and visitors alike, Aguaschiles is a "must-do" dining spot! You can also get their food on the beach at Canibal Royal!

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Michele-in-Playa
Lawrence, Kansas
“Best fish tacos and ceviche”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

Los Aguachiles has the best fish tacos in PdC. The ceviche is one of the best too. My only complaint is they close at 7pm, even on the weekends. Food is cheap and service is fast.

• 3 of 5 bubbles