We stayed in beautiful Mahekal this past November/Early December and were mesmerized by the breathtaking views and attentive staff. It was difficult to leave this wonderful and enchanting resort. We had a wonderful view of the beach from our third floor penthouse suite with its own expansive balcony and outdoor shower. One of the pluses of the resort was that it was steps from the ocean and just few blocks from an array of shops, restaurants and nightlife. We booked two excursions with our wonderful concierge Mar Benet. Mar made the planning easy. One tour to Tulum with NS Tours with Elias and Elias as our tour guides. They were so much fun and well informed. Our second tour with Odyssey Tours to Chichen Itza with Christian being our tour guide who was attentive and knowledgeable. We enjoyed our breakfasts on property with attentive service from Rogelio, exceptional service from Rene during our very first night and throughout our dinner service. Gabriel was our go-to man with any questions and advice for sightseeing and exploring. We also enjoy the spa service with Blanca who leads a wonderful team of caring staff which included Tiare who booked our services, Rubi who provided such a relaxing spa massage, Stephani and Eloisa for our mani/pedi. We were impressed with the exceptional service starting from the front desk staff who greeted us with warmth, security staff who strive to keep a secure environment and housekeeping who kept our room immaculate and tidy to the wait staff that went beyond to deliver service with a smile. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left we knew we would soon plan to return. You deserve to book your stay in this magical resort. All the best!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mahekal Beach Resort is a legendary resort village located on 800 feet of white sand beach in the heart of vibrant Playa del Carmen. It has 198 thatched roof, palapa-style bungalows within steps of Fifth Avenue, the celebrated entertainment, shopping, and restaurant district of Playa del Carmen. The thousands of loyal repeat guests at Mahekal Beach Resort describe it as magical, memorable, and authentically Yucatecan. Our style is friendly and relaxed, a unique Caribbean experience where you can rock gently in a hammock on your private terrace and enjoy undoubtedly the best beach in Playa. Our guests love the fact that we have never compromised our truly unique ambiance and style. In keeping with that style, our rooms do not offer televisions. Instead, they feature original, brightly colored, Mexican tile bathrooms, private terraces with hammocks for siestas and star gazing, and locally-crafted Mexican wood furniture in an outdoor seating area where you can enjoy our magical sanctuary. The Resort offers meal plans that include breakfast daily and lunch or dinner. This choice gives our guests the opportunity to explore the many dining options in Playa del Carmen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Mahekal Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mahekal Beach Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Shangri La Caribe Hotel
- Shangri La Caribe Playa Del Carmen
- Mahekal Beach Resort Riviera Maya, Mexico - Playa Del Carmen