I have just returned from 8 nights at the Playacar Palace. I hate to seem negative and
extrmely disappointed however compared to the same stay three years ago that is just
what i am.
The Playacar Palace is a very tired "Lady" sadly in need of upgrading. Granted the
location is awesome. With the exception of the Asian food at Mo Mo Hana the food is
mediocre at best. The maid service is poor and erractic. Perhaps 75% of the staff are wonderful but the other 25% are questionable. The spa is great. The other things you
go to an all inclusive resort for are adequate, not exceptional.
Granted there are some very good values for packages due to the bad economy but
for a VIP Founding Member promised much better by management upon purchasing
same, it is a bad deal.
Since this trip is my (18) eighteenth to various Palace resorts I believe you might want
to consider another of their resorts until and if Palace renovates the Playacar Palace. Or maybe another of the same style resorts altogether. I have visited many of those with a much better experience.
I hope this review will be helpful to vacationers who love to travel as much as I do but
who also expect the value they pay for., For those who who disagree with me, Happy
Vacations in the future.