5,396 results
All reviewsstar friendshowler monkeysspecialty restaurantsjungle atmospherejapanese restaurantswim up barthomas cooksports pooldressel diversother resortstowel hutjungle feelate at the japanesemain buffettenderloinmain poolmagic show
Reviewed 28 November 2010

This resort location is perfect if you want to be close to Playa Del Carmen. It is on a gated private road where it is safe to walk into town and takes about 20min. There is even a Starbucks across the street if you need your coffee. The resort itself is gorgeous. It is in a jungle setting with monkeys, birds, turtles, etc everywhere. It was adventure daily. The beach was the best beach front I have seen in Mexico. White sand, little huts for shade, lots of beach chairs and drink service on the beach. The food was great, and the a la carte were amazng. The rooms are very clean and the air conditioner and safe were flawlessly. The only complaint was the hard beds...a typical thing in Mexico. The staff at this resort are first class. There are tons of activities and the shows at night were entertaining. There is even a doctor's office on site if you need medical assistance.
I would highly recommend this resort to couples, friends and families.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
4  Thank Wendostick
Reviewed 26 November 2010

My wife & I were a party of eight celebrating my soon to be 60th birthday. Our ages ranged from 54-60. We arrived on Wedesday and departed on Sunday. Our rooms were in buildings 21 & 22, excellent location for the beach area and not too long of a trek for the desk area activities. The rooms were nice and clean, marble floors throughout, large shower area. Daily we spent most of our time on the beach, during our stay there generally were no problems obtaining an excellent spot on the great, clean beach. Waitresses made there rounds frequently asking for drink orders. We all did take a pile of $1's for tipping purposes, they do remember who tipped, but it isn't mandatory, just polite. Plenty of pool & beach activities to take part in. Didn't make it to the pool bar, it was small and in a rather shady area, the water was cool.
We usually had the breakfast buffet mid morning & used the lunch buffet at the pool. In the evenings we reserved the special restaurants (steak, mexican, japanese & itallian). The restaurant food was 1st class! I think everyone in our group would rank the Japanese #1, great show & food and I don't go to Japanese restaurants. The later shows were okay. Five of our group went to Cozuemal one day and rented scooters, they had a great time, except the day they went over was a rough sea day and it was a rough trip over.
This was our first all inclusive trip and we throughly enjoyed our experience. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful with any problem or request we had.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank scottlow
Reviewed 25 November 2010

This was our second time at this resort; this time we brought the kids ages 6 and 8. The resort is beautiful. The kids had a great time. No one wanted to leave.
The staff are very friendly and accommodating. The Mexican restaurant is fantastic, as is the buffet restaurant. The pool and beach are super clean. Lots of lounge chairs and palapas. The sand and the water are perfect. i can't think of one negative.
I read some people who complained about the food and I just don't know how anyone could think the food was anything but 5-star.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Denver_Suburbanites
Reviewed 25 November 2010

What can I say? All of the positives that fellow travelers have mentioned are true. But based on what happenned to my wife and I, we will NEVER return. Be wary of the "uprade" to the oceanfront rooms! We decided to pay extra, and stay in an oceanfront room, our last 2 nights = big mistake! While we were out of the room, only a few hours after checking into it, we found our luggage had been gone through, along with the contents of our safe. Passports, credit cards, drivers licenses, you name it. The "security staff" could (potentially) be in possession of all of our information = identity theft.
A serviceman let himself in to change a "lightbulb", on our balcony. He found our safe open, and alerted the front desk. He left the sliding door unlocked, and the drapes wide open - (it was a ground floor room).
We could find no "do not disturb" card upon entering the room. I doubt that would have matterred anyway. After I requested one at the front desk, our room keys did not work! You guessed it, another serviceman "had" to come to the room!
As I said, all of the positives are accurate. But this is really 2 resorts that share the same amenities. Prepare yourself for ALOT of guests, especially children who are free to go where the please.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank bigdogohle
Reviewed 23 November 2010

Just got back from Quetzal, We expected it to be good and it was. After reading the reviews before we left, everything was as it said, beautiful setting, lovely staff, sandy beach, plenty of sun beds. The beds wer hard and considering I suffer from a bad back thought i was not going to sleep comfortably and was prepared to get a topper but suprisingly slept well and not at all uncomfortable, infact the best sleeps ever!

Dont know why everyone keeps on about the food being the same ole same ole in the buffet, considering they have to cater for so many people they have to do everything for everyone, if you went to a resturant you wouldnt expect them to change the menu every week for you!!! There was plenty of chose of food and it was lovely. We never got ill either. Did the Steak house resturant, gorgeous steaks, my husband jokinly asked for 2 steaks and got them so next time askd for 2 tenderloins and got those too.

Went on the usual tours Chichen Itza etc all good if you like ancient history which we do. We also went to Xplor which is just down the road, 99 dollars entry and 150 pesos taxi, well worth it if you want a bit of adventure zip lining, cave Rafting, cave swimming and amphibious vehicles which you drive through caves through water and over rope like bridges. A lovely buffet resturant and drink stations all included in price as was lockers. take water shoes is best and change of clothes. Great fun all day and i'm 47 my husband is 49 we where like kids! The zip lines are very high and some are water landings.

Went in to Playa Del Carmen by taxi 50 peso, and theres the small plaza which is about 5mins walk out of the hotel.
Would definately recommend this hotel and location.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple