5,401 results
All reviewsstar friendshowler monkeysspecialty restaurantsjungle atmospherejapanese restaurantswim up barthomas cooksports pooldressel diversother resortstowel hutjungle feelate at the japanesemain buffettenderloinmain poolmagic show
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

Please be aware these are my oponions only.

The booking in process was very well carried out, the only down side to it was it was a preety drawn out affair but luck was on our side as there was only one other couple booking in at the same time, had there been more guests it would of become a little tiresome but we were given a cocktail to help cool us down. we were taken to our room by the bellboy on a golf cart as was our luggage which was also carried up to our room.

The room itself was first class in fact i dont think i found a fault with it, the fridge was well stocked with water, beer and soft drinks which were topped up every day, the cleaners were also very efficient and made a great job of cleaning every day, towels were changed on a daily basis, and a different bit of towel art was left each day. We were in block 26 which if you are a lover of wildlife is the place to be, we had the local monkeys visit us on our balcony more than once and we also had the pleasure of have flamingos, ducks and peacocks among others just outside our block.

The hotel is sited within a jungle so there are other wildlife to see while you are out and about for instance Lizards, Giant Tortoise, plus a few other creatures. You need to pass through the Jungle to get to the Pool, now this is where my slightly negative comments come in, although there is just the one main pool it is almost split in half, the quiet half and the noisy half (where the music and games are played) now the quiet half is where we like to spend our time but the only thing I found wrong is that there was too much shade all in one area so it was difficult to get a space with a good mixture of sun and shade, as in our group we had a complete sun worshipper and some that like to have a bit of shade now and again (I hope this makes sense) the other point about the main pool is that it is mainly all one depth about 5 foot 5inch if I recall, which means if like us you like to sit in the pool to cool down and have a chat you have to sit on the steps which i don't like doing as this blocks them slightly for people getting in and out, the pool bar is set aside from the main pool as it is adults only.

The service around the pool was first class and you never had to wait long for a drink, but you could also go up the bar and get your beers or help yourself to soft drinks. There is food served between the pool and the beach or you could go into the buffet restaurant if you preferred.

The evening entertainment is very good and very professional, with a different show every night, this however is where another couple of negative comments come in, they have a slot between the kids club and the main show where they give out the diplomas for the days activities which they announce in about 5 different languages, now i know it's nice to win a prize of some sort as a reminder, but not once did every winner get on stage to pick up their award, and in my opinion is a bit outdated way of doing it they good just give them out at the end of the activerty, the other thing is they have 3 screens one large at the back of the stage and a smaller one either side of the stage which mostly are advertising the hotel and an app you can get on your phone I found these slightly off-putting. One other point is they could have a couple more people waiting on tables at the busier times.

The food is top class in all the restaurants the only one we were slightly disappointed about was the, believe or not, was the Mexican, The beef in the buffet restaurants was some of the best i have ever had, there was always plenty of food prepared so there was no waiting for them to bring more out, we did have one day which from about midday was a wash out due to the weather and the buffet was overwhelmed with dinners, and we had to wait a couple of minutes to get a table but the staff pulled out all the stops and it all worked like clock work.
They have relaxed the dress code in the al a carte restaurants (men having to ware long trousers) which I think is a shame, and in the Buffet restaurants there were guests allowed in with beach ware on in the evenings which goes against the dress code in the brochures, and this was not dealt with, now I'm no snob but again in my opinion this is a shame.

The bar areas are very nice indeed and the service was first class i cant recall a time when we had to wait more than a few minuets to get a drink brought to the table.

Lastly just a word of warning please make sure you make all the effort you can to combat the dreaded mozzie attacks.

Please remember these are the thoughts of myself and my traveling companians and not all tastes are the same.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank erniesteel
Quality Manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Quetzal Playacar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your review regarding your experience at Iberostar Tucan & Quetzal.

Our guests´ opinion is always of great value as we continuously seek to achieve the satisfaction of our guests, through our services, it pleases us that your stay was greatly enjoyed by every detail, staff service, surroundings and culinary options.

We appreciate every one of your words and will be hoping for the pleasure of serving you again at any of our Hotels & Resorts Iberostar.

Cordially,

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

I visited Iberostar Tucan this summer for my family vacation and it was nothin but spectacular. The food was above par with many options and the entertainment was what made my day every day. The Eagle Star Camp that was run by Alan was what allowed my vacation to be a vacation. Without him and his efforts at the teen club I would not have met as many friends as I did and have as much fun. He brought us everywhere and tried many activities like arrow shooting and fun on the beach. The buffet was great and the restaurants provided the best service.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Anthony L
Quality Manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Quetzal Playacar, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear guest,

We are grateful for having recently received you at Iberostar Tucan & Quetzal.

It is truly wonderful to know that you had such a great time at our hotel as well as with our amazing Eagles Star Camp which made your vacation a memorable one. We also appreciate your kind words regarding our staff service as they will be forwarded as motivation for our partners.

We look forward for the pleasure of hosting you again at our hotel!

Reviewed 15 August 2018

Awesomeness. Now I'm just writing to get 200 characters. This place has 4 resorts, their own club. But don't get hurt while your here. The ER expects cash. Also, dont forget your acidopholous. It will save you from having to stay close to your toilet.

Stayed: September 2017
1  Thank Joel S

Dear guest,

It was a pleasure to have hosted you at Iberostar Tucan & Quetzal. Thank you for the time you took to write your review.

We are happy to read that you had such a great vacation at our facilities and enjoyed of an awesome time with us.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Went to this hotel for two weeks with my family got a holiday and to get married. The weather was lovely! The staff were so helpful and always getting you drinks. The wedding co ordinator was very helpful and everything was perfect. Her name was Karina. Also to mention the entertainment manager edar who made the kids holiday extra special. Definatly will be going back and recommend to any to go and visit. 5 stars

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Angela C
Quality Manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Quetzal Playacar, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for trusting in Iberostar Tucan & Quetzal to celebrate such a special occasion.

It is of great pleasure to know that your experience was a memorable one and that the highlight was our staff members to whom we will share your mention.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you again for another wonderful family holiday.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 7 August 2018

From start to finish this trip was amazing. The Iberostar is located within a gated community so you feel secure from the beginning. Once you get to the hotel it is nothing but catered services. We rolled up from the airport about 12:00. We had asked for early check in and our room was not quite ready...which was fine. They gave us our bracelets and we went to grab something to eat in the buffet area restaurant that was close. The food was amazing from start to finish. I would recommend if you get soda/pop to not get the ice. Not because it makes you sick but becuase the drinks are already cold and the ice melts quickly and waters down the drinks. The alcohol drinks are all really good. Suggest Pina Colada or Bahama Momma. The pools are so clean and the entire resort is so clean.
The room was amazing. We decided to upgrade our room to ocean front! Best decision we could have made. It put us close to the pool and the beach. Such a beautiful room also. We got the Junior Suite and it gave us a large bathroom, two queen beds and two couches, which one of us slept on the entire time and it was so comfortable.
The food there was amazing also. We suggest you set up your dinners at the concierge maybe when you check in. But...we didn't' have reservations the first 3 nights we were there and we walked up and they always had room for us. The food was all amazing in each restaurant.
The staff was the friendliest group I have ever come across! They were always saying hello and remembered us the entire trip. Irving and his brother Al were so nice. Al actually sat and ate with us one morning for breakfast. It was nice to talk to him and get to know him a little and his situation.
I have to say from beginning to end this was an amazing trip! HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT! Especially for families. We always felt safe and the amenities are amazing!

Room Tip: clean, safe, choose an ocean front upgrade!
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank Kelly V

Dear guest,

We are thankful for having welcomed you at Iberostar Tucan & Quetzal for your family vacation.

It is wonderful that you all had such a good time at our resort, enjoying all our services, attentions, facilities and accommodations and we greatly appreciate your special mention to our staff who truly strives to provide a memorable experience to our beloved guests.

We appreciate your kind recommendation and hope for the pleasure of serving you again in a close future.