We returned to the Iberostar Quetzal for yes...our 13th visit. Some people may think the number 13 is unlucky, but not for us. It was once again an amazing stay at the Iberostar Quetzal property.
Our check in went so smooth. We were greeted with smiles and a fabulous refreshing Congo drink. We were on the way to our room in less than 5 minutes. Thanks!!! This year we decided to book and ocean front room and it was worth the extra $. Our room was amazing with a beautiful view of the water. LOVED IT!
Our stay was so relaxing. We don't do excursion much anymore, because we have done them all in the past visits to the Quetzal/Tucan. We were on the beach every day. The beach at Quetzal/Tucan is amazing. There was little seaweed but that didn't stop us from playing in the water every day. That is part of nature.
Every morning the grounds staff cleaned up the trash on the beach left from the visitors the night before. Sad that people can't pick up after themselves. The grounds keepers did a great job of keeping the beach and the grounds clean. Thanks!!!
We had great weather for most of the week. We only had 1 day of rain which really didn't matter...hey you are in MEXICO!!! The staff still had plenty for us to do even though it was raining. If you didn’t feel like doing anything during the rain…It was Siesta time!!!
We enjoyed the Japanese, Mexican and Steak Specialty restaurants this year. The food was all great - cooked perfectly. The buffets and beach grill were good, we always found something to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner. No complaints here!
I want to thank the entire staff. They all work so hard to please all the visitors. They do an amazing job and always have a smile on their faces. No matter what job they did, they took the time to say hello when we walked by.
There are a few that I would like to THANK…
Daniel - the ZUMBA KING for keeping me moving
Karen - the HORSESHOE QUEEN for cheering me on when I finally got a RINGER!
Pasqual - for serving great drinks at the beach bar with a smile on his face every time I saw him
Hilario & William - for serving us amazing drinks in the theater
Raul - for the best ISLANDER drink ever in the Tucan lobby
Dahlia - for cleaning our room every day and leaving a few extra waters on request
Isabel - for serving ice cream on the beach and serving us in the beach restaurant
Alberto - for treating us like VIPs every time he saw us coming to the restaurant
We are looking forward to our return to the Quetzal in June 2018. This time we are celebrating our Anniversary. What a great place for us to celebrate…in PARADISE with our Quetzal/Tucan family!
This truly is our home away from home.
nuestro hogar lejos del hogar
mi segunda casa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privileged situation directly on the beach of Playacar, around 3 km from the town of Playa del Carmen. A watersports and diving paradise. Sub- tropical mangrove swamp. Great gastronomical variety. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Stayforlong S.L., LoveHolidays and TravelUp so you can book your Iberostar Quetzal Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Quetzal Playacar Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Hotel Quetzal Playacar
- Iberostar Quetzal Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Quetzal Playacar Riviera Maya, Mexico - Playa Del Carmen