5,434 results
All reviews star friends howler monkeys specialty restaurants jungle atmosphere japanese restaurant swim up bar thomas cook sports pool dressel divers other resorts towel hut jungle feel ate at the japanese main buffet tenderloin main pool magic show
Reviewed 20 November 2017

Went here with a group of friends. Overall, the resort was decent and the pool was nice. The food was pretty brutal, one of the people in our group described it as prison food and another said it tasted like our food was dredged out of yesterdays trash. If you are looking for a good deal this was priced pretty low but you do get what you pay for. The rooms were fairly outdated too, but if you're going to Mexico to hangout in your room there are other issues.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank MattD1125
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Quetzal Playacar, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay at IBEROSTAR Tucan & Quetzal.

We are sorry to read your impression regarding the culinary experience at our hotel. Our Chefs are always working to create new dishes in order to please all tastes and palates, however, they are also always happy to hear our guests’ opinions to look for improvement.

We hope in a close future we can have the opportunity to host you again at our resort.

Attentively,

Reviewed 20 November 2017

Second time to Iberostar Quetzal. Without exception every employee at the resort was professional, friendly, and helpful. Couldn't ask for better customer service. Everyone tries very hard to make you feel welcome and ensure you have a good time. Rooms are a little tired, but very quite and comfortable. Grounds are always spotless. Buffet food is great and you can get fed nearly 24 hours a day somewhere on the resort property. 45 minute easy walk to Playa Del Carmen via sidewalk or 30 minutes by beach. $7 cab ride each way if you would rather ride.

One thing I want to mention is that during this trip, the resort tries to set you up to get a 90 minute presentation. They promote this as showing you some of the new things the resort is offering. We declined initially but after the 3rd day of getting flyers under our door we went ahead and did it. Big mistake. 90 minutes turned into 2 1/2 hours of hard core sale. What it really is, is a time share pitch disguised as an Iberostar travel club. I really resent that Iberostar took some of my valuable vacation time for this purpose although I agreed to it. I was mislead though as to it's purpose.

For this reason, I won't be back to Iberostar. This property or any other.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TravisOklahoma

Dear guest,

Thank you for recently returning to IBEROSTAR Tucan & Quetzal.

It was a pleasure to host you again and to hear that you greatly enjoyed your vacations at our facilities. We are also grateful for your kind recognition towards our amazing staff who truly strives into bringing our guests the most memorable experiences.

On the other hand, we are sorry to read that you felt mislead regarding our IBEROSTAR Club invitation. We understand this program might not be of all our guests’ preferences and your feedback will help us improve our invitation approaching.

We sincerely hope you give us the pleasure to welcome you again at our resort.

Kindly,

Reviewed 18 November 2017

We stayed at the Quetzal section from October 30th to November 6th and absolutely loved this Iberostar resort. Thank you to all the staff for a great customer service. Reception, Restaurant/Bar and Star Friends employees were all very helpful and nice.
The best part for us was the jungle and all the animals and birds. Monkeys were active that week and we have seen them many times. Very unique hotel with such a big variety of all the local flora and fauna made it very entertaining to walk around and explore.
The beach and pool area were fantastic. We had a great weather all week and loved to spend the days on the beach playing in the waives enjoying turquoise water and hot sun. Sunrises are amazing here – come early to the beach and enjoy.
Food and drinks were great for us. We did not go to any a-la-carte restaurants – but the menus looked good and settings in Mediterranean and Italian are very pretty. Buffet was more than enough for us with a lot of choices. Never had issues with food temperature –everything was hot and well prepared. Drinks menu was very good and bartenders can make you anything you ask and will gladly customize any drink for you. We loved their coffee. A lot of options and all are good.
We were in block 23 which is right in the middle and close to everything. We did not experience any issues with the room keys and everything was working in the room. Room was a good size for 2 adults and a child. Maids did a great job cleaning and mini bar was always full.
Entertainment here was awesome. We loved the pool games and zumba on the beach. Halloween show was very good and decorations around the resort were fun. “Haunted house” was very cool and scary!
Overall, it is a great choice for a family vacation, especially with younger children. Truly tropical atmosphere is so relaxed and resort is designed so everything is conveniently located and easy to find. We loved it a lot and would love to visit again. Thank you Iberostar team for a wonderful vacation.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Dina_2001

Dear guest,

Thank you for having chosen IBEROSTAR Tucan & Quetzal for your recent Caribbean vacation.

We could not be more pleased to read that you had a truly memorable stay at our resort and that your family enjoyed all aspects of the experience, grounds, service and entertainment. It is our main goal to achieve our guests’ satisfaction by providing unique surroundings and accommodating facilities.

We would be honored to host you again any time.

Attentively,

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

Great fun, loved our stay with a large group of friends they were able to host our dinners and show reservations perfectos! Rainforest is very cool, Beach was awesome. I would recommend this resort for all ages. Staff and entertainment was the best we have had in 20 years of traveling Mexico.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank dougyanecek

Dear guest,

We are grateful for having recently hosted you at IBEROSTAR Tucan & Quetzal.

It is wonderful to read that all in your party enjoyed a fun and pleasant vacation with our beautiful environment and natural grounds. We appreciate your kind recommendation and your special mention to our amazing entertainment team, who strives to provide the most memorable time to our guests.

We hope we can have the pleasure of your soon return to our hotel!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 17 November 2017

This is the 2nd time going but stayed on this side instead of the Tucan side. Absolutely no difference. My husband wanted to return due to me being so ill last time I was there. I managed to stay well for the trip but my husband was ill for 48 hours and my son for 24. Unsure what it was from but they are now fine.

The rooms are OK but DESPERATELY need to be renovated. They are very old and looking very worn. Would love some drawer space and possibly a clock as I hate waking up in the night and not knowing what time it is. We also had a leak in our room that was leaking from the fan in the bathroom but was promptly fixed. The maids did a good job cleaning our room during the day.

The food was fine, wish it could be hotter though. Lots of a selection at the buffet and never went hungry. The servers, Vincent at dinner and Pablo at breakfast were fantastic. I never do the a la cartes so can't comment on those.

The beach was nice, need to replace the seats though as very worn, was a red flag all week as it rained most of the week which of course is not their fault but wasn't able to enjoy much.

The pool is the best pool in any resort I have stayed at, very large and actually deep. I have been to resorts where it only goes to your waist so love this pool. Well maintained as well.

Overall the resort is beautiful, lots of animals and well kept. Staff is very friendly and never hesitate to help. I would recommend to going at least once to experience it but would I go back? No twice was once more than I wanted to go and there are many more places to explore. Also be aware of a Eco Fee that you have to pay when you either check in or out. We paid $10 Mexican Pesos per night.

Room Tip: Rooms 20-24 block are the best. Closest to pool and beach.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Kristalz

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for the opportunity to host you again at IBEROSTAR Tucan & Quetzal.

Firstly, we are glad to hear everyone is well now and that you were able to have a pleasant stay at our lovely pool and with the great service from our staff members and the charming grounds. We also would like to mention that our hotel has started to partially renovate all our rooms.

It is of great importance for us to hear the opinion from our beloved guests in order to identify areas of improvement and continue enhancing your experience.

Regarding the recently implemented Eco Fee at the Quintana Roo area, more information can be found with your travel agent or at the Check-in at any hotel.

We hopefully will have the pleasure to welcome you at our Hotels & Resorts IBEROSTAR.

Kindly,