Visited in October 2011 and found a great hotel with great facilities. The entertainers "Star Friends" were amazing and worked hard for everyone and the kids club catered well for kids aged up to 12. The rooms are not fantastic but the hotels jungle setting and wild animals including monkeys and a list too long to name of other animals and birds made up for this.
I would say it is more a family hotel than a couples resort and the food and facilities were outstanding. The steakhouse and the Italian restuarants as well as the buffet restuarant were excellent and the staff were very attentive and gave excellent service. Especially Salomon in the steakhouse, always remembered our names and very good and pleasant.
When Hurricane Rina hit us the staff were prepared and the hotel kept us up to date and the clean up operation only took half a day, a terrific effort and we all felt safe and cared for. 10 out of 10 for everyone involved, just amazing.
The only niggles are hard beds which gave poor sleep quality and the rooms are fairly basic.
Would recommend without a shadow of a doubt.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privileged situation directly on the beach of Playacar, around 3 km from the town of Playa del Carmen. A watersports and diving paradise. Sub- tropical mangrove swamp. Great gastronomical variety. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Stayforlong S.L., LoveHolidays and TravelUp so you can book your Iberostar Quetzal Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Quetzal Playacar Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Hotel Quetzal Playacar
- Iberostar Quetzal Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Quetzal Playacar Riviera Maya, Mexico - Playa Del Carmen