IBREOSTAR QUETZAL- TERRIFIC PLACE!
Stay was Thursday-Monday Sept 20- 24, 2007
“A” rating!! Overall this was as nice a place or better than the other all-inclusive resorts I have stayed at.
TIP: The TUCAN & the Quetzal are the SAME hotel. The difference is where you check in and what side of the property you stay on (right side Tucan , Left side Quetzal)
The following is a BREAKDOWN of stay:
C- : CHECK IN, we had to wait over an hour for our room, then wait again, then they gave our room away so we waited again….. they seem a little DISORGANIZED at the FRONT desk!
TIP: ask for a INSIDE facing room. The outside rooms face the other hotels loading docks/dumpsters
A+ : GROUNDS, the hotel was built in and around the jungle and they minimized destroying nature. There are animals all over! (Monkeys, Peacocks, Birds etc…) The sidewalks are rocky and built around trees so watch where you are walking!!
TIP: watch where you are walking or you will walk into a tree!!!! LOL!!
A : ROOM , not the fanciest I have stayed in , but a nice Mexican theme, VERY CLEAN.
The beds/pillows not that good. There is a slight musty smell, but my air purifier took care of that. The Maid makes the room FUN with towel decorations. NO BUGS. There is a Stocked refrigerator.
NOTE: The bathroom sink water is NON- POTABLE (do not drink it!) .The hotel puts a gallon bottle of water in the bathroom, for you to use for brushing. We NEVER got sick!
TIP: the 3rd floor (top floor) rooms are nice because they are at TREE TOP level and you can sit on balcony and watch the MONKEYS/birds!
A: POOLS, clean and nice. There is a main pool, kid’s pool, activities pool, and a pool for the pool bar.
A: BEACH, clean BLUE water, some waves.
NOTE: There are MANY Europeaners at this hotel. Topless is a common sight.
TIP: If YOU are over 200LBS. (90 kilos) or over 70 years of age PLEASE do not go topless or wear a Speedo!!!
A: Fitness center. It should have what you need to get you through your vacation
A : BARS, several around property. A bar on all 4 sides of main pool. There is a Beach bar, 2 lobby bars, pool bar. A bar in the theater. Plenty of places to get a drink
TIP: They have TOP SHELF hidden under the bar or in the cabinets behind the bars. You have to ask and INSIST and they will find it!!
A-: FOOD. Over all very good. We did not try room service
A: BUFFETS, several around property. The food is pretty much the same every day but it is a wide variety. The after 11 p.m. buffet is food just left on the table, but I guess they figure if you are eating after 11 p.m. you will not care or you are probably drunk. LOL
A+: Steak house, great service, very good food, nice view of main pool.
B : Mexican , o.k. food GREAT service
C+: Japanese, It was fun. Food O.K. we have had better at other all inclusives.
A : OVERALL HOTEL SERVICE, very friendly helpful group .
TIP: TIP the help; they do not get paid very well. I tip $1-$5 per meal/drinks. $10 for the maid.
Overall a very nice experience. The jungle like grounds was terrific!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privileged situation directly on the beach of Playacar, around 3 km from the town of Playa del Carmen. A watersports and diving paradise. Sub- tropical mangrove swamp. Great gastronomical variety. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays and TravelUp so you can book your Iberostar Quetzal Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Quetzal Playacar Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Hotel Quetzal Playacar
- Iberostar Quetzal Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Quetzal Playacar Riviera Maya, Mexico - Playa Del Carmen