“Perfect”

Rancho Baaxal
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

My first time on a horse. Wonderful morning. Cubano, a laid back hippy male took care of me. The stop during the trek was interesting, wildlife facts and history of the area. Our group was small, we were able to talk at length as to how these beautiful horses come to be at the ranch. What shines through is the passion and care shown through the girls, Cecile and Maria, I felt privileged to have come to the ranch. You do a wonderful job. Thank you.

All reviews
"private ride"
in 10 reviews
"horse ride"
in 9 reviews
"highly recommend this ranch"
in 6 reviews
in 30 reviews
"horseback"
in 30 reviews

Reviewed 23 April 2018

I came here in 2016 with my mum - see previous review.
In August '17 I took my little sister and we had the most incredible time!

Like last time, the staff were amazing, the horses were happy and healthy, and the ride was wonderful.
One of the riders in our group was riding a horse with a lung condition - the staff were happy to explain that all the horses are rescued, and that even with a lung condition the horse still needed light exercise, and is only paired with very light riders. It was really good to hear how they select our horses based on our height, weight, experience, and most importantly the horses needs.

This time, we were the most experienced riders in the group so we got to go on a brief canter, which was absolutely incredible. The adrenaline was pumping but I felt completely safe and it was a great experience and a chance to bond with my beautiful horse, Pantera.

Absolutely love this place and how it takes care of all its horses
Would absolutely recommend to anyone of any experience level looking to explore the Mexican jungle and meet these wonderful creatures

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

Sorry it has taken me far too long to write this! We visited on Christmas Eve day for a special trip that included 6 family members. A few of us have ridden before some not much at all. We were met by a group of strong amazing fun women who care so deeply for these reduced horses! We were all fitted for our horse with a lot of consideration. We went on our way thru the jungle——-soooo cool. We rode for about an hour to a special place where the group had set up an amazing lunch with beer and wine also—-if you have opportunity to do this don’t pass it up as it’s so worth it. Great lunch. We then did at least another hour ride thru more jungle. We all loved this experience and would do again when visiting Playa for sure.

This group that runs ranch are very knowledgeable and so great with helping etc. thank you for an amazing Christmas experience and your genuine kindness.

2  Thank Debra R
Reviewed 26 February 2018

It's not one of those "horse riding and snorkeling" or "horse riding and zip lines combo" - the ladies there really care for their animals. We signed up for a morning ride and we enjoyed it a lot. We learned many interesting facts about the area and the horses.
You need to book a ride in advance and receive driving instructions otherwise there's no way you find the ranch on your own (no road signs).

1  Thank AniaMaciejAla
See more reviews
Reviewed 23 January 2018

Went in January 2018. Signed up for a private ride for my cousin and I. Took a taxi from our hotel to the ranch. Lisa was super responsive and detailed when I inquired about a ride. The directions to the ranch, were so good, that I definitely could have driven myself. We did a private morning ride and had two guides, Cecile and Paco. Since it two ladies, Cecile did most of the talking. She told us the history of the farm, the stories of the horses they've rescued, walked us around and gave us lots of information about trees, cenotes, etc. We're both experienced riders so when it was a good place to do so, we were allowed to trot, then canter. A lot of it was trail riding, which I liked. The horses were well mannered but it wasn't like riding the push button, drop the reins and don't pay attention kind of horses that you might experience at other places. I would highly recommend this place because they're true horse people and are not using these beautiful animals as an income generator.

2  Thank Jasmine B