“most fun dives EVER!”

Playa Scuba Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: "Playa Scuba Dive Center" in downtown Playa del Carmen is a "Boutique Dive Center" run by the owner Klaus, offers small, personal dive trips exploring the exciting reefs in Playa del Carmen, or amazing coral structures in Cozumel and mystic dives in the crystal clear waters of sacred Mayan Cenotes. Shark diving with Bull sharks and Whale shark encounters are the specialty of Playa Scuba. Small groups of four scuba divers in Cenotes or up to five divers in Playa del Carmen or Cozumel reefs. PADI courses from Discover Scuba to Dive Master. Eco land tours to Chichen Itza, Tulum, Coba, Xcaret, Xel-Ha and Belize
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 25 December 2010

out of 300+ dives, my experiences with kluas & luis were clearly the most fun dives i have ever done!! started with 2 cennotes (caves) - a unique experience.
Then, i did 3 bullshark dives, including one where klaus brough them "lunch." The next day, we dove a wreck - down inside! While it is a minimalist operation, they were well-run and things went very smoothly. They also arranged a day trip to chichen itza. Finally, the videos & photos they sent me home with were GREAT. the shark video is really a great momento - and my friends are approprpiately impressed. i had such a good time, i intend to go back!

1  Thank renorichdiver

Reviewed 25 December 2010

Three of us went for 4 days of diving. Klaus and Lois were very thorough with all the information we needed to know to make our diving decisions. Shark, reef, wreck, cinote.
Myself an RS diver, and my friend an instructor, they kept a close eye on our novice friend so he could safely gain experience and enjoy the sights so we could dive on our own. I would suggest purchasing the disk from them as they were done very well.
Great sites, Great service, and Great guys, Great prices. If I am in the area again,which i hope i am, these are the only guys I am calling.

1  Thank John D
Reviewed 23 December 2010

My husband, daughter and I vacationed in Playa del Carmen back in August. It was our first time in Mexico. We found Playa Scuba by chance. And we were pleasantly surprised. Playa Scuba is a small, boutique diving center.
We did Playa / Cozumel / cenote package and additional day in cenote. Cenote diving is something that leaves you speechless. A lifetime experience.
Luis and Nando made great effort to make us enjoy every minute and tried to show us the best diving sites. They are both very professional.
So, if you are looking for a great dive and even better instructors to make it happened, Playa scuba is the place for you. They are the best!!

Reviewed 20 December 2010

My family and I had a fantastic time!
Playa Scuba offers a great variety of diving excursions. From the cenotes to Cozumel drift diving to shark diving, there is something for everyone. We did the three day package with a two playa dives, two cenote dives, and two cozumel dives.
Everyone at the shop is easy going and flexible.
Our guide, Alessandro, was incredibly helpful. We really owe our wonderful experience to him. It had been a while since we had been diving, but with his help we had no problems!
I would recommend this place for diving in Playa, and I would definitely go back.

Thanks guys for a great time!

Reviewed 19 December 2010

I recently completed 6 dives with Playa Scuba, in three different locations: cenotes, playa del carmen reefs, a shark dive and cozumel reefs. This is an awesome package for someone who wants to get a taste for caribbean diving and has limited time.

The staff was very friendly, and all dives were planned for me well. I only had three days to complete all my dives and they managed to work out a plan where I was able to get all my dives completed in limited time on short notice.

I was also happy that they spend time talking to and getting to know divers before during and after dives so diving felt like it was with friends and not with a company which is nice.

My diving experience with Playa Scuba was the highlight of my vacation :)