“Breakfast Perfecto Rush Hour ”
Review of Lara & Luca

Lara & Luca
Ranked #7 of 1,437 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Price range: US$8 - US$15
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

My Girlfriend and I literally ran into this beautiful restaurant before catching a ferry to Cozumel this morning. We ordered even before sitting down, as we were in massive rush and really wanted to try Lara & Luca. The Service adapted so promptly to accomodate the rushed vibe we brought in through the doors with us. The Eggs Benedict was amazingly tasty and the complimentary yogurt/muesli helped me get through a long scuba diving day without lunch. The meals were very cheap as well and we will definitely be eating here on the way back, hopefully not rushed ;) Gracias

Lisa S, Propietario at Lara & Luca, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2017

Of course I remember you, I was your waitress that day :) It was great to find your post. Even though you were in a big rush, you enjoyed every detail. It was a pleasure.
Lisa

Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

I visited Lara & Luca for the second time. The menu has so many delicious options that is always hard to decide what to order. This time I ordered the “cazuela de huevos”, it is a generous portion with a very tasty sauce. The dish normally comes with fried eggs but I asked for scrambled eggs and they happily accommodated my request. I had the juice of the day, freshly made with orange, strawberry and apple and coffee. Breakfast includes a small presentation of Greek yogurt with honey and house made granola that was really good. Also nice, sliced crispy baguette. Server was friendly and professional. Owners Lisa and Chef Roberto were there visiting tables and assisting with service making sure all customers feel special and are well taken care of. Parking is limited so I suggest taking a cab which in Playa is inexpensive and easy. I will definitely go back each time I am visiting Playa del Carmen or any other place in Riviera Maya (worth making a stop for breakfast or lunch for sure even if not staying in town).

Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

The staff was unbelievably friendly, the wait wasn’t long, and the food was AMAZING. Our group of 8 talked about it the entire rest of our trip and were begging to go back. We also loved that it felt local. This is a must in playa!

Reviewed 28 November 2017

We were staying in Playacar, so this was a short walk. Nice, varied menu. Eggs benedict, french toast, Mexican breakfast dishes, and fresh juices all outstanding. Service was attentive and friendly. Great prices.

Reviewed 24 November 2017

If you're looking for delicious espresso, home baked fresh croissant and bread, this is the place. You have to try their yogurt with passion fruit coulis, so good!

And the staff is super friendly... A gem of a place.