Royal Hideaway Playacar(Playa del Carmen)
US$289
US$205
  • Pool
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
US$309
US$293
Official Website
  • Breakfast included
Mahekal Beach Resort(Playa del Carmen)
US$179
Melia.com
US$407
US$391
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$447/night.

US$440
US$408
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Le Reve Hotel & Spa(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$167
Cancelon
  • Pool
Grand Velas Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
US$1,844
US$959
6,956 results
All reviewssegway tournature parkthe grillsense adventurethree riverssports barthe mexican restaurantchef's tablelobster dinnerfamily pooltime sharebeach bedsadult poolkids clubcasino nightsales presentationbeautiful resort
Reviewed 15 December 2010

Fantastic all inclusive. Outstanding service with a smile!

The most impressive staff person in the entire resort was Captain Claudia; supervisor of the pool side bar and grill.

Room cleanliness was impeccable each day. Room service was the best I've ever experienced and we have traveled the world.

The only negative I could find was the cleanliness of the pools.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 December 2010

We stayed at Hacienda Tres Rios for our 2010 Leasership Team Retreat. When we arrived we were welcomed with big smiles and refreshing drinks. It was clear from the start that the customer service is second to none. The staff treats guests like royalty. We were then shown to our room overlooking the pool/beach area..... Breathtaking! I know this is an all inclusive and they say you don't need to tip, but bring lots of tip money (US is fine). Clearly it would be wrong not to tip this excellent service every chance you get. The food for the entire trip was amazing and we ate at the resort for all but one meal. Chef Oscar treated our group to a special 7 course dinner on our second night. This was the best food and pairings I've ever had. My husband and I will never forget the magical experince of Hacienda Tres Rios.

Things to remember:

Bring bills for tipping. We brought cash and credit cards and never traded for pesos. Remember to call you credit card company and let them know what days you will be in Mexico.

Make arrangments for all activities with the Concierge well in advance. Our group tried several services such as Spa, Senses Tour (Higly Recommend!), Jaguar Tour, Yacht. All were arranged in advance and confirmed on arrival.

The beach is great, but you may want to bring swim socks.... some areas in the water feel gummy. I enjoyed the beach. HTR's Beach beds are the best!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 December 2010

Everyithing about my stay was better than expected and I expected a lot since I am frequen mayan riviera traveler.

The property is gorgeous and well kept, the food is excellent but the rela difference is in the service, everybody went out of theri way to make us feel papmpered and taken care of

I want to mention partuclarly the girls at the concierge desk, espeially Nayeli, Yadira and their supervisor Lily, they spared no effort to make sure we had a great time and an enjoyable experience while being unobstrussive, they really made our experience a lot better.

All in all, we had a great weekend and will definitely go back...

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank aabcun
Reviewed 13 December 2010

We toured Hacienda Tres Rios Earlier this year while staying in Cozumel. We became members and just took our first trip to familiarize ourselves with the resort. We had such a lovely week! The food here is really great! My favorite was doing the private chefs table 7 course meal! You pay extra for it, but TOTALLY worth it! Each night we ate at a different restaurant on site or took part in the group events the resort holds.

As for activities, I look forward to going back to take advantage of more that the resort offers! We got a big case of the lazies and spent most of our time either in the hammocks reading or the beach side beds! How can you resist staying in bed all day having pina coladas and snacks brought to you?!? We did enjoy the bike tour and tequila tasting also ;)

I even had a minor emergency with an eye infection, the concierge staff promptly got me an appointment with an eye doctor in Playa del Carmen and the issue was resolved in a day.

Will we go back to Tres Rios? Most Definitely! Membership has some pretty great benefits at this gorgeous resort!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 December 2010

The staff at Tres Rios make this an unforgetable place. The Executive Chef, Oscar, is a friendly and talented professional. Service staff -- Gregoria, Carlos, OC, Cori -- and others make this a magical place to vacation. Even the sales staff -- Milton and Brendon -- are fanastic people to work with.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family