As in all rental properties, there are pros and cons. I think listing both is valuable to people looking for the right place for them. So...
1) The house as advertised online is true to the photographs. Great bright colors and lovely decor.
2) The rooms are huge, the ceilings are soaring, and the king beds are lovely and very comfortable.
3) The landscaping is pretty with several tall palm trees, many other large plants, bushes, bougainvillea, and a lily pond.
4) The location is great for those who enjoy walking around town. About 2 or 3 blocks to Santa Ana Park and 6 or 7 to the main plaza.
5) The house is on one level, which makes it very easy and convenient for seniors or others who don't care for stairs.
6) Remixto gives excellent service, on time, and there were adequate supplies, clean linens, and enough pots and pans and dishes to serve a large group.
7) The house is good quality for the rental price. The design with living areas away from the street (Calle 62 can be very busy) was very good as we were not bothered by cars.
8) Excellent WIFI service.
1) No sala/living room to watch television. The tv was in dining room and you have to watch from the dining table or a wooden bench at the other end of the room. Pretty furniture, but not comfortable.
2) The rooms were large with doors for privacy, but the ensuite bathrooms are actually just outside each of the bedrooms with private toilet and shower and a shared area with two sinks. Opening and closing the doors was noisy at night and hard not to disturb others. Also, the house is supposed to sleep 6 people, but there are only two bedrooms and one has an extra twin sized bed. Maybe sleeps two children (in room with parents) but I don't think it would be comfortable at all for adults -- in addition to sharing the bathroom.
3) Although the landscaping was pretty, it needs attention. First thing: mosquitoes! I had multiple bites on the first day at the house. There is an outdoor jacuzzi/plunge pool with standing water and a big lily pond with standing water and neither looked as if it had been serviced regularly, so lots of larvae. Since there are a number of nasty diseases transmitted by mosquitoes, this issue needs to be addressed.
4) Privacy -- the house is close to La Negrita Cantina. It gets lively at night, especially on weekends, and the music is so loud you can hear every word from the house -- even if the doors and windows are closed. The good thing? The Cantina doesn't have live music every night and it closes around 10 pm. So it never bothered our sleep. It's also a very popular little place -- fun, cheap eats, great for people watching. So, if you cannot tolerate music for a couple of hours some nights, it may not be the right place. Otherwise, again, it never occurred after 10 - 11 pm at night so it was not a huge concern for us.
5) Great location, as I've said, for walkers. But, if you do not like walking 6-7 blocks one-way or walking alone at night (last two blocks only were very quiet, but the rest of the route from the main plaza was busy with people), you will need to take taxis -- also readily available and cheap.
6) The washer/dryer are old, but the washer worked great; dryer took a couple of spins, however, to dry clothes.
7) Not the prettiest street in the city, but a lot of work being done at a couple of other places nearby, so the additional restoration will spruce things up some.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||Older travelers|