See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

We went to stay at the hotel during our honeymoon and it was. Horrible stay. The internet in the hotel never worked but that was just a small problem. The bigger one was that from our shower there was almost no water and there was no opportunity to wash yourself.so we wanted to see if maybe the bathtub works, but the water leaving there was brown and smelled disgusting. When we mentioned the problems to the manager they did not do anything about it. We had a very bad experience with this hotel, the customer service was not existing or rude. We did not get any reimbursement or apologies until now

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2016

Very good location, friendly staff, clean comfortable room and bed , nice bathroom. I will definitely stay there again and refer to my friends. This was my first time at the Victoria but NOT my first time in Merida. I am a frequent traveler there.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 4 September 2016

My boyfriend and I stayed in a Jr suite which includes a bath and we woke up wishing we could live in a place as luxurious. The bed was extremely comfortable, although I would agree that the air conditioning does blow on you. The shower was powerful and hot water immediate. The staff were friendly although they offered incorrect advice stating that there is only one museum on Paseos Montejo (the Anthropolgy Museum) and now I notice that there is another, Casa Museo Quinta Molina. But considering that you are getting free parking, free wifi, a view of Merida's most famous statue and access to a delicious and affordable restaurant I would say that this hotel is a bargain. I would agree that there was some noise from the road but it was not in any way bothersome, as we were on the fourth floor. Unfortunately, I encountered one tiny piece of rubbish (a scrap of aluminium paper) which shows that house cleaning has to be a little more careful.

Room Tip: 4th and higher re quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2016

This Hotel is definitely not a 5 star, poor decoration of the lobby is very old
The pillows are hard and very old, the towels smell horrible and Old too.
The reception people are friendly, Good location.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank alfonso1223
Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

This hotel has the worst service in the whole world. The staff there don't respect the costumers and have a very bad attitude.
My experience there was horrible! We booked for only one night and payed it in cash. I went back home and checked my bank account, they charged the night on my credit card, this is called stealing! We payed it in cash and have the receipt. I called to see what was going on, and the staff there once again reacted in a horrible way. They did not fix anything and had two pay twice. Worst hotel ever!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family