“Luxury at competitive prices. I recommend the Junior Suite!”
Review of Hotel Victoria

Hotel Victoria
Ranked #42 of 104 Hotels in Merida
Reviewed 4 September 2016

My boyfriend and I stayed in a Jr suite which includes a bath and we woke up wishing we could live in a place as luxurious. The bed was extremely comfortable, although I would agree that the air conditioning does blow on you. The shower was powerful and hot water immediate. The staff were friendly although they offered incorrect advice stating that there is only one museum on Paseos Montejo (the Anthropolgy Museum) and now I notice that there is another, Casa Museo Quinta Molina. But considering that you are getting free parking, free wifi, a view of Merida's most famous statue and access to a delicious and affordable restaurant I would say that this hotel is a bargain. I would agree that there was some noise from the road but it was not in any way bothersome, as we were on the fourth floor. Unfortunately, I encountered one tiny piece of rubbish (a scrap of aluminium paper) which shows that house cleaning has to be a little more careful.

Room Tip: 4th and higher re quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 August 2016

This Hotel is definitely not a 5 star, poor decoration of the lobby is very old
The pillows are hard and very old, the towels smell horrible and Old too.
The reception people are friendly, Good location.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank alfonso1223
Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

This hotel has the worst service in the whole world. The staff there don't respect the costumers and have a very bad attitude.
My experience there was horrible! We booked for only one night and payed it in cash. I went back home and checked my bank account, they charged the night on my credit card, this is called stealing! We payed it in cash and have the receipt. I called to see what was going on, and the staff there once again reacted in a horrible way. They did not fix anything and had two pay twice. Worst hotel ever!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2016 via mobile

The rooms aré small, no coffee machines, staff are not welcoming. For a little more money you could get better hotels around.
Hope they could do better customer service. The restaurant is not great either.

Good location. Have parking space alongside.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank nbalan80
Reviewed 31 December 2015 via mobile

Facilities are very poor.Rooms are not soundproof as you can hear everything( 4 of us had to wear earplugs at night ) . Moreover there is a water bomb working all day long which is very noisy. We asked the staff of the hotel to turn it off or change our room but they said that changing rooms is impossible as it's "complicated " and they didn't do anything to fix the problem with the noise .Very unhelpful. The hotel is at Paseo montejo (big avenue ) so noise from cars is annoying .
My room didn't have electricity 2 days so I had to call facilities to fix it every morning .
Staff were not very helpful and in some instances rude as they told me I had stolen a towel ( as they forgot to provide clean towel one day )

This hotel is not a 5 star one. It is located on a nice but noisy avenue . Please avoid this hotel as there are other options in town which are better value for money

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family