“WHAT MORE COULD YOU ASK FOR......”
Review of Casa Flamboyan

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Isla Mujeres
Casa Flamboyan
Austin, Texas
“WHAT MORE COULD YOU ASK FOR......”
Reviewed 7 February 2012

My vacation at Casa Flamboyan was amazing! Upon arrival, I was blown away by the sights and sounds. Ocean view BOTH front and back, and décor to love!! Pictures do not do it justice! Harriet was so wonderful. She was very gracious and helpful, knows the island well, but is also able to be unobtrusive. Since I often travel solo, it was nice to have an immediate friend!!

This was my 3rd trip to Isla Mujeres in just over a year, and I can say staying at Casa Flamboyan made me love this destination even more, if possible. What I liked so much was it felt like a home and made me feel more like a local (local ex-pat) living on the island!! I was not staying in some hotel that lacked warmth and undivided attention, like I received at my new Isla casita!!

Going to sleep to the sounds of the Caribbean, and waking up to the sun over the ocean was breathtaking. I was able to take a healthy walk into town everyday for breakfast at my favorite spots and some shopping and beach time. In the evenings, I would walk back into town for dinner and drinks. I rarely took a taxi, but they travel the street out front regularly so grabbing one was no problem for a couple of dollars. Even though the location was on a street, which was great for convenience, it was still incredibly quiet inside. Between the waves crashing, not much else was heard!! What more could you ask for!!

The casita was well appointed, from cold beer to shaving cream (neither ever travels well)! All the fine touches to make it like home are too long to list, but some stand outs are the interesting art everywhere, painted niches, wooden shelving, colorful walls, great storage, comfy bed and linens, ceiling fans, seating areas, and complete kitchen from coffee maker for the morning and shot glasses for the evening, and whatever you need in between!

There is a private deck on the back off the bedroom, a great place for morning coffee. The larger shared deck in front was a nice place to pass the time with a few beers during a rain storm. Put a little music on and watched the locals go about their day right in front, and the beautiful boats pass by as the sun set over the amazing storm clouds. The roof top party palapa had awesome 360 degree views! There was a large built in table, lounge chairs and plenty to see. I was drawn up there numerous times, and was a perfect place to sun in the afternoon. The plunge pool on the lower level was great for sun in the morning, and was very refreshing. Spent my last sad morning there reading and taking in my last glimpse of the Caribbean before I headed out to the ferry.

Other highlights that made my trip memorable: in room massage that Harriet set up for me; Lupe came to clean up my space and was so friendly, organized my mess, and made the place sparkle again; I was far enough away from the center of town to feel remote, but close enough to walk over to a market to pick up some goodies easily; and watching life go by in paradise!! I am thrilled that certain airlines are increasing direct seasonal flights to Cancun from Austin, so I can continue to visit Isla Mujeres whenever I need a break, and what better place to refresh and recreate than CASA FLAMBOYAN!!

See you soon in Isla....Julia - Austin, Texas

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Julia512

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 5 February 2012

A beautiful casa close enough to make the effort of getting to and from town on foot and far enough away to be secluded when you want to. Lupe is a top notch manager who took good care of us the whole time. The owners, Harriet and Richard, gave us excellent dining advice (Desi y Raul's restaurant with the green door at the top of the hill in las colonias - damn good), set us up with someone who ended up creating a wonderful fishing trip for us, and celebrated a sunset with us in style. We first stayed at this location in 2004 when there was only the main floor. It's a stunning place now with 2nd story and roof top balcony views of both sides of the island. The kitchen is a little tiny yet functional, but that's what the loncherias are for on the north side of the island. This is definitely a place to return to.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank tammyr72
Plainfield, Indiana
Reviewed 23 January 2012

My son and I have spent our spring break week at Casa Flamboyan for the last 5 years. It is a beautiful house. It's location is far enough away to feel secluded but close enough to walk into town if you want. The views of sun rise & sun set are breathtaking. The owners are very friendly and helpful if they happen to be there.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Hendersonville, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 January 2012

This was our first trip to Isla Mujeres, and we loved every minute of our time here. Casa Flamboyan was the perfect place to stay with the warm breezes of the ocean wafting through the rooms and within walking distance of town. We woke to the sun rising over the sea and watched the sun set from the hammocks on the porch. So many outdoor living spaces add to the charm of this bright and cheery, immaculately clean abode. What more can I say,... We can't wait to return to Paradise!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 14 January 2012

Our family spent a gorgeous week before Christmas at Casa Flamboyan,. It's a perfect place for a family gathering--my daughters and their husbands had the two apartments upstairs, while I was downstairs, which is where we gathered and cooked and sat by the infinity plunge pool. Sunrises on one side of the house, sunsets on the other. The owners are extremely well-organized and business-like, providing not only a beautiful home and all amenities, but also lots of helpful travel advice. Lupe, the housekeeper, is warm and friendly, and keeps the house in pristine order. The decor is simple but elegant, lots of tile, well-equipped kitchen, the fridge stocked with eggs, juice, and coffee when you arrive. The house is a short distance from the town center, little supermercado, and the white sand beaches and turquoise sea. Renting a little golf cart to get around is very easy! We give Casa Flamboyan our highest recommendation!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family