Na Balam Beach Hotel(Isla Mujeres)
US$190
US$157
Privilege Aluxes(Isla Mujeres)
US$271
US$209
Official Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Bucaneros Hotel & Suites(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
US$96
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Posada Del Mar(Isla Mujeres)
Free cancellation until 04/08
US$106
US$82
  • Pool
Hotel Plaza Almendros(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$57
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$65/night.

Nautibeach Condos(Isla Mujeres)
US$162
US$158
Chac Chi Hotel & Suites(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 02/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$85
US$648
US$536
Agoda.com
Isla Mujeres Palace(Isla Mujeres)
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$551
US$515
1,536 results
All reviewsplaya norteixchel iithrough vrbothe penthousebedroom suitegolf cartwrap around balconyfull kitchenocean frontstandard roombeautiful beachchairs and umbrellashot tubhidalgo streetbeach servicebest beach on the islandrestaurants and shops
Reviewed 7 March 2012

First let me say Isla is AMAZING - we picked it for our destination wedding because we wanted amazing beaches without paying the cost to travel to the Bahamas - Ixchel has the best beach on the island - we went Sept 21 for 7 days which is considered low season and it was incredible - The hotel was great - we had the pent house suite as we had a big group staying at the hotel so we got a great deal.

The hotel are actually condos that people rent out through the hotel. Each unit it diffrent but they all have a kitchen which will allow you to pack a cooler - have drinks and make sandwhiches if you choose to save money. Also the island is small so the hotel sits in the heart of the down town area - the town is dead after 10pm. Only two or 3 bars that are open for late night fun. The island is definetly not a party island - go to Cancun for that.

I highly recommend staying here - they are great and we had a blast - you cant go wrong with the location and price. This is not an all inclusive hotel and i highly recommend NOT doing all inslusive the island is perfect to walk around or rent a golf cart and explore.. very safe and friendly. I wouldnt have changed a thing.. we will be going back and all of our friends said it was the best vacation/ wedding they have been too

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Imenen87
Reviewed 6 March 2012

My husband and I stayed only one night at the Ixchel last week, and I want to give it another chance. Its a great property, located in the middle of the best beach on the island. The views are extensive and the buildings are quite clean and lovely. we only gave them 24 hours notice that we needed a room and they only had a couple left, so I wasn't surprised that our room wasn't as great as we'd hoped. We were able to tour one of the penthouse suites, though, and I think that next year we are going to try to get one.
If you do stay there, request a room in Phase One, or the east tower, the rooms are family owned condos and looked cared for.
Things I didn't like about the hotel, there are no hot tubs or jacuzzis by the pool. The pools don't get much sun in the mornings because of the shade, and they have a very small deck area. Other than that, we will probably book here next year.

Room Tip: Request a room in the east tower
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Ok so let's get the ugly part of this review out of the way because the postitives will outweigh the negatives! Stayed in Unit #507 & #508 in West Tower (Phase2) and the beds were made for Fred Flinstone apparently. Begged over 3 days at front desk for an additional 'Egg Crate' topper and they swore there were no spares. 1st night hips & ribs were so sore from that bed I was ready to move to another hotel! They added 2 Blankets underneath to help and as long as we slept on our backs we were fine. Not comfy-but just fine. The Units sparse furnishings were tired, some chair covers were stained, there was no dresser in either bedroom so we had to keep suitcase out which was LAME and the kitchen equip was just OK and some stuff needed to be rewashed (ick). Now the good stuff....the view was incredible, the balconey was very generous and location on the North Beach Fantastic. The pools were clean and very warm. Staff were very friendly and while we were there we looked at other units which DID have great beds, were nicely furnished and kitchens equipped very nicely so there are some good units there. It's well worth the money if you get a decent unit but I would avoid #507 & #508 unless they seriously overhaul it.

Room Tip: Rooms in West Tower (Phase 2) that were perfect; 609 & 610 and 407 & 408.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank NorthBeach_Lover
Reviewed 1 March 2012

This is the 10th time we’ve been to the Riviera Maya in the past 5 years, but our first time to Isla Mujeres. I have to say this location was, by far, one of the best Mexico experiences I’ve had thus far.

Feb 2012 my husband and I stayed in the bottom floor Beach Front unit (109/110) in Xchel 1. We were traveling with another couple that we travel with often, so we rented both 109 & 110 which basically is a 2 bedroom condo.
The Ixchel units are individually owned and are decorated and supplied differently according to the owners taste. Although the units are owned individually, Ixchel is ran like a hotel/resort, with a friendly front desk, maid service, bar/restaurant, spa, etc.

The Ixchel 1, ground floor Beach Front unit (109/110) was literally like being at home - the owners thought of everything! The kitchen is fully stocked, with everything from a lime squeezer to cutting board, to coffee filters, you name it. If you are traveling with family, and plan on cooking and eating-in, then you will want for nothing. They even had an umbrella, matches, wonderful pots and pans, and even travel mugs (for your morning coffee and beach walking), you name it, they thought of everything.

The décor has been completely upgraded with stunning vessel sinks in the bathrooms, stainless steel appliances, professional gas stove, and flat screen televisions. Ok, now, onto the best part. The ground floor Beach Front unit has a wrap around patio with stunning views out to the turquoise ocean on one side and wonderfully manicured landscaped view to the infinity pool on the other side. The owners have beautiful teak patio furniture (2 padded chaise lounge chairs, 4 Adirondack chairs, and 2 tall bistro tables with 4 accompanying chairs). Mornings on the patio with coffee, fresh fruit and yogurt are my favorite times. Watching the Ixchel staff setting up the beach chairs and umbrellas, and the sun coming up on the turquoise water is the most relaxing time of the day for me, and you could not ask for a better place to experience that, than on this patio. By the way, not only are the mornings spectacular, but the sunsets can be seen from sitting right there as well.

You are literally steps, steps from the white powdery sand and this unit is a perfect location if you need to run back to the condo for a beverage refill, or for more money to purchase something, or a bathroom run.
Unit 109/110 has a built in safe in each bedroom that is large enough to fit a laptop. We have stayed in several All-Inclusive’s and the safes are normally so small, all you can fit is a wallet and your passport. These safes are roomy, and you can change the combination as many times as you like, if that is what makes you feel comfortable (but we had no worries what-so-ever here). This particular Unit has Wi-Fi and we had perfect connectivity so we could stay in touch with our kids back at home via nightly emails.

The front desk will arrange a golf cart rental for you, so all you need to do is tell them when you want it, and they will accommodate. We called for a bag of ice one night and someone was knocking on our door literally in 3 minutes or even less!

Be sure to bring a little market bag with you, as every day we walked to the Market or to the grocery store (across from the Catholic Church) and brought back fresh fruit and fresh squeezed orange juice from the Mercado, and from the grocery store, we would buy eggs, cheese, bread, yogurt, chips, beer, and snacks.

The beach at Ixchel is stunning. Water is calm and is probably at least 4 colors of turquoise, the sand is powdered sugar soft and the entry to the water is rock-free (which is very very important to us).

If you chose to inquire about this particular ground floor Beach Front unit (109/110), VRBO (114905) is where the owners have their listing. Cindy Smith, will arrange airport transportation for you, if you wish, and will recommend her favorite restaurants. She is very accommodating and will answer all your questions, trust me, I had numerous. She also can arrange rental on other units in Ixchel as well, just in case her unit is already rented out for your requested dates.

Isla Mujeres and Ixchel is really a perfect location for those who still like a small tourist feel, along with a comfortable and safe Mexican culture feel as well (after all, isn’t that why you traveled to Mexico to experience their culture?) So basically you don’t have the crowded, over touristy Cancun/Playa feel – because Isla Mujeres gives you just the right amount of tourists (not too many) to make it feel like you’ve stumbled upon paradise where not many people know about it – mixed in with elbowing with the locals and shopping at their grocery store and watching the children playing on the streets with their tops and home-made toys. It makes you feel like you live there, with the comfort of a quiet, safe, resort feel, that has all the accommodations of home. It’s the best of both worlds really.

A fun suggestion is to walk down Hidalgo at night to the end where the Catholic Church is and shop at the grocery store, maybe attend a Sunday evening Mass with the locals, and then watch the nightly basketball game at the Municipal area right next to the Church. We sat and cheered on one of the teams in English and they seemed to really get pumped up. It was so fun watching them play (they were very good by the way) . Don’t forget to get a Flauta or a taco from the locals who set up their stands in front of the grocery store.

I will recommend Ixchel to any and everyone I know who might be planning a vacation. The location on North Beach is Premium, the closeness to restaurants, shopping, grocery and fruit stand (Mercado) is literally a 4 minute stroll, and you simply cannot ask for a better location for a place to stay. We highly recommend the Beach Front Unit 110/109 but if it’s not available, you really will not make a mistake staying at Ixchel.

Room Tip: We utterly loved Unit 109/110 Beach Front ground floor. It was the best location, perfect views, designed with every amenity you could ask for. Simply perfect.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank SallyLuu
Reviewed 1 March 2012

We have stayed on Isla for many years. This was our first time @ Ixchel. We found the facilities above average. We had a standard room in Phase II or the West Bldg and we knew we wouldn't have a balcony, which was my husband's primary complaint.

Room was neat and clean, sparsely decorated; lacked a bit in clothing storage space, (but then we were there for 12 days and likely overpacked, at least I know I did!)

The shower was the best I've experienced on the island, always PLENTY of HOT water and in full force!

We had a fabulous housekeeper, Angel who kept us fully stocked with fluffy, soft, whiter than white towels daily! I had requested a table be brought to my room for my 'stuff' and was accommodated immediately! Beds definitely hard, but that seems to be case on all beds in mexico!

I was able to head to the gym many mornings without a wait on my fav machines.

We had our choice of beach chairs every morning as we went down early to 'claim' them. Beach servers (Arturio and Alex both from Kayak) were very attentive to our needs from both Kayak and Chimbos.

Check in/Check out was easy, smooth and efficient.

Jabez and Stephanie were awesome at the front desk.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple