Na Balam Beach Hotel(Isla Mujeres)
US$156
US$152
  • Pool
Hotel Posada Del Mar(Isla Mujeres)
US$106
US$80
  • Pool
Hotel Bucaneros Hotel & Suites(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$90
  • Breakfast included
Azul Maya(Isla Mujeres)
US$102
Hotel Plaza Almendros(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$57
  • Pool
Hotel Kinich(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$125
Hotwire.com
Isla Mujeres Palace(Isla Mujeres)
US$837
US$648
US$605
Priceline
1,535 results
All reviewsplaya norteixchel iithrough vrbothe penthousegolf cartbedroom suitewrap around balconyfull kitchenocean frontstandard roombeautiful beachchairs and umbrellashot tubhidalgo streetbeach servicebest beach on the islandrestaurants and shops
Reviewed 17 November 2011

Another wonderful stay at the Ixchel Beach Hotel! This was our third stay and I can't say enough good things. Staff is always helpful and rooms are always clean. My only complaint on this trip was the bed was hard. I'm usually not picky, but my back was really feeling it this time. Ironically, as we were leaving, I saw housekeeping with mattress pads, so next time I will ask for one of those. The location is next to Hidalgo Street so there is never a shortage of restaurants or shopping. I also highly recomment Ciro's if you need a golf cart. Their prices are fair and the carts are better than others that I have seen around the island. I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Room 2610 is on the top floor of Ixchel II and has excellent views of the ocean and Cancun. It also has a wrap around balcony with a hammock.
Reviewed 16 November 2011

What a great property! Just spent 6 days there with 3 other couples. Service was flawless, staff was friendly, everything was clean, hot water and good water pressure, couldn't ask for more. Rented 2 two bedroom penthouse units in phase I (505-506 & 507-508) and really enjoyed the roof top for sunset gatherings. Hot tubs are not heated 24 hours a day - just turn them on a few hours before you want to use them. Huge, soft beach towels. Kalak makes the rounds of the beach chairs frequently. Our 3rd trip to Isla but our first to Ixchel. We will definitely return!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank tmvh
Reviewed 16 November 2011

We had an excellent time here! My husband and I brought our two year old daughter and we were so glad we did. We all three had a great time. Our room was very nice and the view from our balcony was beautiful. Our daughter loved shouting "Hola Edgar" to our nice waiter at the restaurant by the pool. The pool and beach were a two minute walk from our room and downtown was less than five minutes from our room. Great location and great service. We were very pleased with everything overall.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 November 2011

We rented condo #401 in Phase 1 Building November 9-16 from owner Clyde Schmidt through VRBO for $1050. The building is 5 stories high and our condo was located on the short end of the L with direct views of the beach from the living room and balcony and the bedroom and town views from the kitchen/dining room and bath. This is a VERY spacious unit with lovely appointments. We felt right at home.

Pros: Views, free and fast WiFi, memory foam mattress, kitchen with EVERYTHING except a dishwasher including a full-sized fridge, water dispenser and lots of ice, keyless entry, clean modern vibe, helpful mangement. As many have mentioned, this location is PERFECT for the loveliest beach, centro and all the wonderful shops, restaurants, etc.

Cons: The massive bathroom mirror has lost its reflective ability and the AC sounds like a truck when it starts up. These are SMALL complaints and did not impact our enjoyment.

Conclusion: Over the course of the week we looked at accommodations all over Isla, and there are a couple places we are thinking about trying. However, for a first-time visit and a stress-free holiday without the "hermetically sealed" feeling of a luxury AI, Ixchel Beach Hotel knocked it out of the ballpark.

Room Tip: While the "01" rooms are farthest back, the views of the sea from the balcony are direct.
4  Thank FineMind
Reviewed 13 November 2011

Ixchel II is absolutely heaven to us! We had a great time - ate lots of good food, drank one too many Rum Runners and one too many Sols - and fell in love with the island people. We hope to return soon and would love to rent #407 and #408 again! I thought it was really cool how you get to know the staff, the fellow vacationers, and run into them as we walked to the center of town to do shopping and to eat. I loved renting the golf cart and touring the entire island. Using Tripadvisor to pick the places to eat and stay was 100% correct. We didn't have a bad meal and staying at Ixchel was great. I loved the view of God's ocean, the pools, and proximity to everything. I found everything about Isla totally relaxing. Until next time.........

Room Tip: Even though it wasn't the ocean front condo, we easily could see the ocean from 407 and 408
1  Thank Renee W