“The best seafood soup in the Yucatan. ”
Review of La Catrina

La Catrina
Ranked #85 of 251 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Price range: US$65 - US$215
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

We happened to walk by La Catrina restaurant after the dive.
Took a look at the menu, a big selection, with cheaper than normal prices.
The restaurant has a big wrap around patio, and large well decorated inside area.
Fast, and friendly service, the seafood (sopa de mariscos) is really good.
I had the seafood soup there several times.
Its second to none.
Also the mixed saviche several times.
Pablo was our waiter, very funny, eager to serve.
Highly recommendthis place.

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

Top mexican food and top service! Fantastic shrimp fajitas and tacos (fish, pork and chicken). The waiter is very funny! We will come back for sure.

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

The fish tacos were so tasty and cheap you can get 3 tacos and 2 beers for $99 peso. Definitely recommend

Reviewed 17 July 2017

So with all the competition for the tourist dollar on Miguel Hidalgo, this one certainly got my attention. I ordered the chicken tacos. The first beer arrived and it was very cold. After a short wait, the food arrived. The food was very good. The server kept an eye on the table and brought the second beer when the time was right. The overall experience was top notch.

The following day, I came back for lunch. This time I had the quesadillas and a bottled beer. Again, the food and service were very good.

Reviewed 16 July 2017

My wife and I spend the day on Isla Mujeres and we had lunch here. The food and atmosphere were good. I liked the chicken Quesadillas and my wife liked the steak tacos. The waitress and service were also good. The only problem was the Bartender/Manager. It was so hot, all the fans in the place were on except the ones above us so the Waitress asked the bartender/manager if he could turn the fans on, he sad no, we asked for bottled water with glass of ice, he got annoyed again and told the waitress to just take our order. Not sure if he was a manager but either way he was not very nice. Overall the food and service from our waitress was very good, but he left a bad impression on us. Can't take everything out on one person.