“Great dinner”

Fayne's
Ranked #71 of 231 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: Caribbean, Mexican, Spanish
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Situated on Hidalgo Avenue, Isla’s main street, Fayne's offers a relaxed and friendly environment to listen to live guitar music during your dinner. The evening’s party begins at 10:30pm with The Band with No Name, the best of American and Latino music as well as Caribbean rhythms. This lively and fun atmosphere is what has made Fayne's an island favorite since 2001. Year after year we welcome our friends who visit us and make Fayne's a unique place. Fayne's casual concept includes an extensive liquor bar and a menu where Mexican and Caribbean cuisine is respected for the original recipes, steaks and fresh seafood obtained from local fishermen.
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

There are so many choices to eat dinner on Hidalgo. Fayne's can easily fall into the top ten best places on this street. Would it make the top ten on the entire island? Not sure. But this place is a solid choice if you don't want to leave the playa Norte area.

We visited Faynes for dinner. A quick review of the menu showed very little vegetarian choices. I asked the host if he would let me bring my vegetarian entree from a different restaurant because my son and husband wanted things on the Faynes menu. They graciously let me do this which was very kind of them. My son and husband had a wonderful seafood dinner which they both thoroughly enjoyed. And my white wine was great. My son ordered a fried whole red snapper and my husband ordered an impressive seafood platter. Service was outstanding. They have a little dog that visited our table to say hello often (his name was titis? Sp?) and that just made the night even better. There was live music (soft, Latin/Caribbean sounds at the time of our visit which was early in the evening). We were seated right in front of the stage but the music wasn't overwhelmingly loud and instead was a lovely addition to the ambiance.

The decor is a little run down and the chair upholstery had holes/falling apart. But it's easy to overlook this when the food and service were spot on!

Reviewed 2 August 2017

This is the bar that our twenty-something travel companions returned to again and again for evening fun. They danced, they sang, the enjoyed live entertainment and 2-for-1 drinks. They had a blast! What else could you want?

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

Guac was amazing, really enjoyed the tacos. Drinks were tasty. Well priced. Service was great. My credit card fell on the floor and I came back the next night and they had it. Super impressed!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

We stopped here for a couple drinks. Great service and the music was great. Open late. Has 2x1 specials.

Reviewed 4 June 2017

While on a day trip to Isla Mujeres we decided to seek out somewhere authentic for lunch, so headed down the backstreets. We had become accustomed to restaurant proprietors hassling us for our custom, but something about the man who approached us outside here (I think his name was Lorro??) was different, he was warm and friendly and we decided to stay. We were not disappointed. The menu was full of traditional local dishes, all at very reasonable prices. I had pork chops cooked in a traditional pibil (sour orange and chilli) sauce with rice and refried beans, and my wife had steak, lobster and grilled grouper with fried potatoes. It was all delicious, and served in a very friendly manner, washed down with an ice cold local beer, and a couple of complimentary shots of tequila, that was so nice we sought out a bottle from the supermarket near our hotel to bring home! A visit from the resident pooch Rincon just added to the friendly feel. Definitely one worth seeking out.