“They treated us like family.”
Review of Rene & Renee

Rene & Renee
Ranked #66 of 258 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

My mother and I were on a girls trip to Cancun when we decided to hop a ferry to Isla Mujeres. As soon as we got off the ferry the rain started. We continued to explore the island for 6 hour, getting soaked, until we became hungry. This is where we stumbled upon Rene & Renee. With signs in the window proclaiming the best tacos they've ever had, how could we go wrong? We popped our heads inside proclaiming we were soaked but would like food. I was amazed by how nice the waiter was. He ushered us to a table out of the rain and let us drip water all over his floor. Didn't even bat an eye. He offered us a menu and offered me coffee to warm me up. We ended up getting pork & chicken tacos. These were the authentic tacos we've been looking for our whole trip! The pork was so tender and the chicken was seasoned pefectly. We kept apologizing for creating puddles of water on his floor but he kept telling us "Don't worry!". The menu we recieved was is USD but if you ask you can pay in pesos, which was actually a better deal. We honestly felt like family there. This will be a must for us when we return to Isla Mujeres, hopefully when it's sunny again.

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

I was introduced to Rene and Renee’s over 20 years ago. Every time I visit Isla Mujeres, I visit this great restaurant! Nothing fancy, just great homemade authentic Mexican food! All ingredients are fresh! I highly recommend eating here when you are visiting Isla Mujeres!

Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

Luis, the owner, makes you feel at home. I tasted nearly everything these days and have to say all is fantastic, my preference all the tacos, the best pastor and the licuados and aguas de frutas.
If you are lucky enough his team can be cooking while you arrive some homemade “buñuelos pobres” .... unforgettable for sure.

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

4 tacos and homemade limeade for 25 pesos.. (1.38 USD).. literally sitting in "Grandma's kitchen."
Thank you Renee and Renee .. deliciosa
Renee is a wonderful host
The food is made fresh while you wait

Reviewed 16 June 2017

We ordered chicken mole (Rene's recommendation) and tacos. Rene even made his "famous" lemonade for us. This is a fun stop to eat. It is not a fancy place to eat; however, you will enjoy you time there. Meals are now posted in USD. The chicken mole cost $7 and tacos $5.