All reviews infinity pool private pier private villa golf cart laid back small beach wonderful stay ocean front small hotel playa norte whale sharks island luis
Reviewed 30 August 2017

We loved our stay! This hotel is located on it's own pristine private beach with paddle boards and kayaks free of charge. It has a nice reasonably priced restraunt that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. We really enjoyed the seafood dishes, especially the octopus. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and cozy. And the friendly staff is happy to serve you refreshments of your choice whether you prefer to relax in the pool or on the beach!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nadia Z
Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

We booked two nights here and the next day, less than 6 hours before check in they tripled the price we had confirmed. We has trouble contacting someone so we finally took a taxi there. Once we arrived we were told we could get our money back and followed the manager Ana, back to the main office. It was there we were blackmailed. She said we could recieve our money back only if we review that we stayed there and it was a good experience. We were alarmed and it was very upsetting the unkind words she exchanged. I shared that, that is blackmail and she said I was actually blackmailing her? She said I was stupid, crazy, threatening that i was in "her country". Yelling in broken English that I dont know Spanish but she knows English. We should have contacted the police. I tried recording on my phone and she got very upset recording me back and taunting me to cry. I have NEVER written a poor review before today. I just hope no one has to go through the level of disrespect or harressment that we indured. No one should treat another human being like that. We were finally given our money back after almost an entire day wasted on trying to fix this accommodation mistake, that was not even our fault. Peace and God be with you Ana. You're in my prayers.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Jonathan C
brigido a, Director General at Maria's Kan-kin, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2017

Hello Jonathan , we feel sorry for what happened to you , we apologize , we tried to answer all your questions by mail we agree to give back your money for your tranquility in cash even if you had paid by credit card , for this reason we had to ask you to sign a receipt as this is asked by the agency that you booked , we have already send it to them .
Sorry for the misunderstanding is a procedure to be followed by the agency .
We hope you enjoyed the Island .
Regards

Reviewed 30 May 2017

We absolutely love hanging out at the small beach here. I have never stayed at the hotel, but it is lovely. The food is great, atmosphere very laid back. People are nice. A nice area to hang out with young kids, as a change of pace from Playa Norte, smaller area, easier to manage the kids/keep an eye on them. I recommend the hotel only for ages 10 and up, the stairs are steep, but it is absolutely gorgeous!

Stayed: February 2017
brigido a, Gerente at Maria's Kan-kin, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2017

Thanks for your comment it help us very much to give a better service , are glad have enjoied the place .
Regards

Reviewed 28 April 2017

We stayed next door but we sure enjoyed the food from Maria's! We dined in and ordered takeout. It was all wonderful and the atmosphere here is very nice. Yummy seafood. Kids loved the kid friendly menu too!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
brigido a, Gerente at Maria's Kan-kin, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2017

Hi Julie are glad you and your Family enjoy the food , your comments help us to have a better service and food , regards

Reviewed 28 April 2017

Very nice open-air dining. We stayed next door and it was very convenient and delicious. Vegetarian options as well as fresh seafood. Yummy! Reasonably prices and excellent staff. The view was amazing!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Hi Melissa thanks , your comments help us to give a better service and food , are glad you enjoy the place , regards