All reviewsinfinity poolprivate pierprivate villagolf cartsmall beachlaid backwonderful stayocean frontsmall hotelplaya nortewhale sharksislandluis
Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

We rented the ocean view room and the location was nice. It was quiet and it is like having your own beach. while most of the room was clean, the ceilings and corners could really use some attention. The bathroom mirror also did not look like it was cleaned very regularly. I am also surprised that for the price we paid that they did not provide enough water. 2 small bottles of water per day are provided. I went to the store and bought a larger 10 liter bottle of water for $1.50 to get us through the 5 days there. We found the bed comfortable. This is the first time in Mexico that we did not have unlimited water available. We felt very safe during our stay and really appreciated being on the quiet end of the island. We ventured to the north side each day and it made us really appreciate the south side after being there for a couple of hours. We also a a few meals there and they we ok but nothing special. There is really good food elsewhere on the island. I am torn between rating a 3 or a 4 but will round up as the staff was very nice and helpful. We loved the iguanas and the monkey! Ana was an excellent hostess.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
brigido a, Gerente at Maria's Kan-kin, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2017

Dear Guest,
Your opinion is very important to us, thanks for taking the time to write.
It was a pleasure to serve you, we work hard to make your stay pleasant and to spend a nice vacaiones and forget about everyday tasks.
Hope to see you soon

Reviewed 18 January 2017

Located on the South side of the island, this hotel is tucked away on a very odd street. It has a beautiful private little beach and nice pool. Despite the beach being very pretty swimming/snorkeling there is not as ideal as advertised. The water is full of sea weed all the way out past their dock. Not the end of the world but North beach is much more inviting. Again, despite some of the reviews I read, the food was only mediocre and not as gourmet as I had anticipated. Good for those looking for a low key and very quiet place to be.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Your opinion is very important to us, thanks for taking the time to write.
Hope to see you soon

Reviewed 4 January 2017

Maria's exceeded my expectations and I look forward to returning. I was sad to leave despite the fact its always good to be home too!
The staff are all wonderful and do the best to help out, I always felt safe in my room and on the grounds.

Room Tip: we were very pleased with our experience
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
brigido a, Gerente at Maria's Kan-kin, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing, your opinion is very important to us
It was a pleasure having you, I hope to hear from you very soon.
Best Wishes!

Reviewed 27 November 2016

Although Maria's Kan Kin is not in the most central point of the island it was still worth the (very cheap) taxi ride and 15 minute ride into town. The beach shack style villas are comfy and equipped with air con. The pool views are amazing and staff where super helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the pool have wifi. Others drop in and out.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear guest
Thanks for writing, your opinion is important to us.
It was a pleasure to have you and that your stay was very good.
We look forward to your visit soon

Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

Everything was clean,personnel was nice to us,they provide everything you need from a hotel,besides that the fantastic view,I cant say enough good things about Marias Kan Kin Hotel,give them a try and you will be nicely surprised

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business