“Loved Posada Del Mar!!!”

Hotel Posada Del Mar
Reviewed 27 April 2017

The location is perfect-close to the ferry, the restaurants, and the north beach. The front desk had a person wait up for us as our flight was delayed and we only arrived at 5:30 am.We were so happy to see someone awaiting our arrival with our key ready!! The room was great-beds were fine. The shower was unpredictable-usually cold but all you had to do was go on the balcony after dressing up and you would be warm instantly. The housekeeping staff made beautiful towel art each day to show their appreciation for our tips. The pool looked nice and the bar had decent drinks (although it usually closed early before 8 pm. We would definitely return!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the older section and it was fine.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank sharon154954

Reviewed 25 April 2017

We've been coming to the Island for almost 20 years now and we have never stayed at the Posada Del Mar until this year. The past few trips we had stayed at Privileges and we wanted to save a little money and chose this hotel based on location and price. I read many bad reviews on here and so i was close to cancelling a couple of times but thought I'd tough it out as in Isla all you need is a clean room and a central location and you're all set. And I'm very glad I did. For those who do not know Isla well, Posada is located right on the main road when you get off the ferry. It is north of the ferry about 5 blocks, well within walking distance even with luggage. Check-in went very well (despite the bad reviews I read about customer service), I thought the staff was completely professional and accommodating. I didn't like the view of the first room they gave us and they gave me another one with a better view, it just had a smaller balcony, which was fine. If you book a Superior Standard room you are in the newer buildings around the pool. If you book just a standard room you may end up in the older building. The room was nice and clean, the bed was comfortable, the shower was large - it was a walk-in shower with a very small ledge on it so when you showered the entire bathroom would get wet, but we just had extra towels for that. Housekeeping staff was great. No iron or hair dryer so be sure to pack those if you need it. There is an in-room safe, TV and AC. You could get beach towels at the front desk for a $20 deposit and exchange them daily for new ones and at the end of your stay you get your deposit back if you return the towels. The public beach is right across the street where you can rent chairs and umbrellas for about 200 pesos. The restaurant has a nice view, good food and good staff. The hotel pool and pool area are great. The pool bar is a lot of fun. I read many great reviews of Romy and he definitely fits those reviews perfectly. He's a great pool bartender. I'm glad we stayed here and I really have no complaints and would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Superior standard rooms are in the new buildings around the pool.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Amy3332014
Reviewed 12 April 2017

This could have been my 8th stay at this hotel. I can assure you if you are looking for nice pillows, perfect water pressure and all that jazz - this isn't the place. However, if you want a clean room, a great location and a great pool - and I think the food is quite good here, then this is the place. I would NEVER stay at an all inclusive restaurant on Isla - the restaurants are too good. I also spend more time at the beach and areas around North Beach and I don't want to rent a golf cart for the week so this place is in a great location. It's true the employees don't go out of your way for you and aren't warm and fuzzy but they get the job done. Wifi in the lobby only. Romi in the bar will get you what you need. Can't be rushing anybody too much on Isla. We bring air mattresses for the pool. They want to serve you drinks and don't like people bringing coolers to the pool. So we save our coolers for beach day! 2 for 1 happy hour is a good deal. I actually like the middle section best (new) but the newest section has better views and if you stay on the first floor very easy pool and bar access. My friends loved the breakfast - I like going to the market and getting fresh mangos and fresh juice.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Naomi D
Reviewed 10 April 2017

The location is great, but thats about it. The rooms are much smaller than they look on the pictures. The breakfast at the hotel restaurant is ok, had better at other restaurants on the island. They don't give you extra towels, no matter how much you ask for them. The receptionist guy that checked us in was very rude, somehow couldn't locate our reservation just by using our name, since I booked on Orbitz, didn't have any "paper" with confirmation. Only after 15 minutes trying to resolve it, he was able to "find it". Felt like he couldn't care less.
Now to the worst part of it, the bed. That mattress made me wish my vacation would have been over sooner. The pillows were just as bad. Could be a great hotel if they invested in new mattresses and more modern check-in process. You have to pay extra if you want to use your in-room safe. Cleaning lady was nice.

Room Tip: Some rooms offer no bathroom privacy.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank kramsey1982
Reviewed 4 April 2017

Very much a place that reflects the Isla mentality. Good value, island time, clean rooms, and a convenient location make the Posada a viable option for a variety of vacations. Isla mujeres is a small p[lace, and location close to the action isn't critical, but Posada makes it an easy walk to just about anything central.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family