“You get what you pay for.”

Hotel Posada Del Mar
Reviewed 10 April 2017

The location is great, but thats about it. The rooms are much smaller than they look on the pictures. The breakfast at the hotel restaurant is ok, had better at other restaurants on the island. They don't give you extra towels, no matter how much you ask for them. The receptionist guy that checked us in was very rude, somehow couldn't locate our reservation just by using our name, since I booked on Orbitz, didn't have any "paper" with confirmation. Only after 15 minutes trying to resolve it, he was able to "find it". Felt like he couldn't care less.
Now to the worst part of it, the bed. That mattress made me wish my vacation would have been over sooner. The pillows were just as bad. Could be a great hotel if they invested in new mattresses and more modern check-in process. You have to pay extra if you want to use your in-room safe. Cleaning lady was nice.

Room Tip: Some rooms offer no bathroom privacy.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank kramsey1982

Reviewed 4 April 2017

Very much a place that reflects the Isla mentality. Good value, island time, clean rooms, and a convenient location make the Posada a viable option for a variety of vacations. Isla mujeres is a small p[lace, and location close to the action isn't critical, but Posada makes it an easy walk to just about anything central.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

I went to have breakfast at the restaurant the view is amazing, the food is good but the service is the worse I had in isla mujeres, we had to wait 15 minutes to order then when the food arrived I call the waiter twice to get some salsa for my omelette and he never came to the table, after we were done we ask for the check twice and the waiter didn't bring it, so I santa up and went to the cashier and ask for the check and the girl told me I should wait for the waiter, so I went back to my table and then the waiter came talking at me that i ask for the check twice I shouldn't go to the cash, instead of apologizing for taking so long for everything, what kind of service is that, so I talk to the cashier about it and she didn't seem to care at all

Stayed: April 2017
Reviewed 26 March 2017

We stayed here for one night in a standard room when we first arrived to Isla Mujeres. We arrived in the evening and waiting 10 minutes in the lobby before someone showed up to the front desk to check us in. The rooms and hotel are plain but it is comfortable enough for a quick stay. We would not want to spend a week here. You definitely pay for the great location and not for ammenities. Bathroom was connected openly to the bedroom and the plumbing was smelly and made the whole room smell like the toilet at times.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

Excellent location, very clean, OK bed, cash deposits required for everything, VERY Unfriendly management, no frills. Nice pool, very Unfriendly staff at restaurant. Very noisy in the morning (kids, birds, cleaning crew...)

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple