All reviews hammock on the balcony glass bathroom ocean view top floor minute walk outdoor lobby sound of the waves water pressure mini fridge free beach towels beautiful sunrise great ocean ferry terminal third floor room small pool coffee maker bars and restaurants
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 weeks when we arrived after a long journey we didn’t even get a hello just asked for surname
Beautiful location and you can hear the waves crashing against the hotel as you sleep very relaxing ! Really close to many restaurants bars and beach
We had the pool to ourselves on days we stayed by pool but found the pool and area wasn’t cleaned regularly lots of floating insects and tables not wiped down
We never got to know the staff in the 2 weeks of our stay and really found them unfriendly and unhelpful
The only time I asked for pool to be cleaned I got grunted at and told I will check it also we returned one evening to hear all the staff in one of the rooms watching tv with the door open
We noticed a difference in the staff and how hard they worked when the manager was there !
This hotel has so much potential so beautifully located and clean I found it sad as staff really let us and the owner down I’d love to come back to the island but I wouldn’t stay here again unless they change their staff !

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank DEBI A
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay at the rocamar in February of 2018. First off, the hotel is not very responsive when you try to call or communicate through email once you've booked. As you can tell from the pictures on various web sites the hotel has a very nice design and build to it, however the rooms are sparse. With that being said every room has an ocean view and it is spectacular! but once you get over the wow factor, the ocean is Extremely Loud and it is constantly Windy on that side of the island so be prepared.And even though it's hot on Isla when the temperature is at 70 or so the wind makes swimming in their beautiful pool kind of chilly. The location is great also, and is adjacent to a public gathering area where locals and travelers relax and enjoy the evening air together. there are lots of street food vendors about also. In closing, the hotel rocamar is about the view, The Breeze, location, not amenities and hotel personal services.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank rockforlight
Reviewed 12 May 2018

I have written another review in the past about this hotel. The hotel is the same as before, good location, clean, simple with a great view for a good price. What's too bad though is what's happening with Isla Mujeres.
I started to go to this island about 20 years ago. It used to be so great because it was not like all the other developed places, it had this hippy feel about it that made the mood so relaxing.
That was the appeal for the island.
Now that it has been 'discovered' and that Trip Advisor has voted it one of the top 10 beaches in the world, it's loosing its appeal to me.
More and more big hotels are being built, la Playa Norte is so crowded, it's ridiculous. The beach is nice but it's not one of the top10 in the world, It's small and when it's crowded it loses its appeal.
It's too bad. What made Isla Mujeres a great place to go, is being destroyed by greed.
I will need to find somewhere else to go.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the ground floor as it's spooky at night. Ask for a room with view of the ocean. Most of them do, but a few don't
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank Lise J
Reviewed 5 May 2018

Stayed for a week to go scuba diving with friends. The hotel is basic but clean and comfortable. The views are spectacular from the room and the hammock on the balcony was a perfect place to relax. A walk to restaurants, the dive shops, and the ferry make the location perfect - but away from the bustle of the downtown shops. I would definately stay again.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed last night of our 8 night stay. We were at Ixchel for 7 nights needed 1 night. Couldnt check in early we called and called all morning from Ixchel to ask. We could of stayed at our condo in hospitality suite up until 3. But i was eager to get to Rocamar. Love the location, sml pool and crashing waves off the Malecon.
Anyway...rm 23 was very tiny. No big deal we were checking out at 10am ended up getting a golf cart since rm was not ready at 1. Left luggage and played for a few hrs, checked in at 5. Staff is rude, non existant. We had 1 coffee cup, 2 towels a tv that we couldn't turn on (no remote) tv in locked plastic case. Couldn't wash my hair in shower because it was a trickle of water coming out. Went down to get a cpl towels wash cloths and hand towels and a bath towel at night. Desk guy wasn't happy about fetching them for me while he was on cell phone entire time. This was my 3rd stay here and last..so sad how staff has become. For $140 a night including taxes dont bother. Way over priced for the crap service. If it was $70 a night different story. Too bad such beautiful views. This place has gone down hill.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple