“Chicken Enchiladas Suizas”
Review of Cafe Mogagua

Cafe Mogagua
Ranked #51 of 258 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Price range: US$1 - US$13
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 24 September 2018

I have eaten here 5 times on two trips to Isla and had the Chicken Enchiladas Suizas 4 of those times. They are the best I have ever eaten. The others people I was with also enjoyed their food, but I didn't notice what they ate because I was too busy with my Enchiladas.

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

Best coffee I have had in Mexico...fantastic breakfast...great juices, fruit salad, bagels....great menu...everything good...thanks

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

If you are looking for a really good breakfast in Isla Mujeres the Cafe Mogagua is a good choice. The Nutella and choc. Chip pancakes were a home run, according to my BF. I had the waffle and we shared a western omelette with spinach added and it did not disappoint. The fresh squeezed orange juice was good as well. The menu offers something for everyone and food is served promptly. We also went back for a frozen margarita and guacamole and chips it was another winner. The only thing is you must pay in cash. We will definitely dine here again.

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Went here to specifically have the chicken suiza enchiladas. It was my first time and they didn’t disappoint. Portion was way too big but delish. They were 105 mp and my husbands bacon and eggs were 95 mp. Small oj 40 mp and large 50 mp, coffee 38 mp and water 33 mp. We were in and out quick for the ferry. They open early too!

Reviewed 1 September 2018

I went here to have breakfast with my GF. The place looks very nice from the outside and it is very comfortable in the inside.

Although service was very attentive and fast, we were both very disappointed with the food. I ordered the eggs and fries breakfast and an orange juice, and my gf ordered a croissant and a carrot juice. All of the produce was noticeable old, meaning it was not fresh at all. I ate all of my breakfast just because I was very hungry, but honestly the produce was of poor quality and not fresh. As to the beverages, the orange juice was acid and the carrot juice was of very poor quality too.

The good thing was our waitress who was very attentive, I did not ask her name but she had an argentinian accent, also the place is comfortable and looks nice, but that is about it. There are far better restaurants in and around the island, maybe if you just want to sit and have a drink is a nice place to be, but I would not come back to have breakfast there.