“Great to escape the crowds”
Review of Playa Lancheros

Playa Lancheros
Ranked #82 of 249 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed 26 April 2017

Spent the day here getting away from the crowds on the beach. They have a private beach, or a pool to sit by. We enjoyed our toes in the sand before needing to get under some shade by the pool. The quacamole was wonderful and they brought your drinks and food to you with a wave of the hand.

1  Thank Stephanie m

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

Went with the family for the tix n chix fish to share, and it was just as good as I remember from many years ago. The party boats from Cancun come , but all of the people go next door so it wasn't crowded here at all. It is a great stop if you are out and about and want a meal to share . The fish was excellent and big enough for 3 to share for an afternoon appetizer! Love the swings , and watching the pelicans fishing .

2  Thank islabound
Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

I love fish and I tried it in many different countries, including Peru and Portugal, both great countries to eat fish, but never I had a fish so tasty and juicy as at Playa Lancheros.
Other dishes were good as well though if I ever have the bless to return to Isla Mujeres I will return to Playa Lancheros just to eat the fish...

Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

Golf-carted the family from the north end of the island to the punta over the course of a couple of hours. Fortunately timed, we desperately arrived at Playa Lancheros for a late lunch. I think this place is maybe the top destination on the island and should be listed under "things to do" in addition to restaurants. The BBQ fish was amazing, just like the shrimp tacos, and other items we ordered. I really did not want to leave!

1  Thank Apcoach
Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

Went for lunch, 4 adults and 4 young children. Had our choice of eating under a large roofed area or on the beach with umbrellaed tables. Margaritas were very good, made with orange/grapefruit base. Very large size servings ( shrimp cerviche ) was the best we have had this week. Service was good and she spoke English. For sure we are going back. It is a regular stop for very large sail boat groups that come for lunch and a drink.