All reviews la perlita rental car real cozumel walking distance from the airport taco stand garlic shrimp restaurant recommendations other guests king room home away from home lobster dinner wonderful stay small pool scuba diving the entire staff fish jolie
Reviewed 27 August 2018

My wife and I had been going to Cozumel throughout the late 80s and 90s and had stayed mostly at the Coral Princess as we had a time share there for 20 years. We've also have stayed at several all inclusive resorts on Cozumel.
We have not been to Cozumel since 2004 as have been busy with our growing business.
With all the crime and cartel reports recently we wanted to go to some where we always felt safe and relaxed and Cozumel came to mind. We have been to several Mexico resorts on the west coast but never felt relaxed and safe as we did in Cozumel.
When searching out a place to stay in Cozumel Casita de Maya had all the best reviews on the island. I read all the reviews and had seen a few negative ones but these were the exception. I reached out to Dan the owner via email and he answered all my questions within hours. So we booked for a 10 day stay. When we arrived we were were not disappointed. Room was clean and comfortable. Dan the owner gave us a quick tour and was introduced to Dan the Chef. Chef Dan used to work as a Chef at the Coral Princess for many years and lives down the block from Casita de Maya. I also believe that Chef Dan's wife is the cook for the Mayor or the President of the island and his son is a chef at one of the islands resorts. So cooking is in their families blood. Chef Dan will prepare a meal any way you want. We had may meals there and thoroughly enjoyed. We are currently re-booking another 9 days trip after Thanksgiving and another in February 2019.

Date of stay: February 2018
2  Thank Thomas K
Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

After reading several positive reviews concerning Casita de Maya, we decided to book our 7 day visit to Cozumel. We were not disappointed! The hotel is literally across the street from the airport. No worries! Cozumel’s airport is not like Dallas or Atlanta’s, there are only a few flights a day, and even those flights land and take off without notice. The hotel has a nice Caribbean flavor, the rooms are clean, very well decorated and located in a quiet area. It’s about a 25 to 30 minute walk to downtown, so unless you rent a car, catching a taxi will be the best way to commute. The staff at the hotel go above and beyond to make sure you have a pleasant stay. This will be our go-to hotel whenever we visit Cozumel.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 723mickeys
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

We loved our stay at Casita de Maya. Quaint hotel with about 8 rooms. Located within 3 miles from the country club . Right across from the airport. Dan the owner was always around to help us out and make suggestions to eat etc. This will be our to go place in Cozumel. Loved it

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed at Casita de Maya for the last week for scuba diving adventure. A quiet, peaceful, safe place to stay conveniently located next to the airport. Downtown is a twenty minute walk or a 3 minute cab ride. Rooms are super clean, beds are great with fresh sheets. Great common areas to meet nice friendly folks from all over from all over. Staff is great! They met all my needs. Stayed downtown before and just to noisy. Felt safer here than in the States! I’ll be back. Thanks Dan, Jolie, Lalo and Freddy!

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

I can not say enough good about this property! Casita de Maya is comparable to staying at a five star hotel. The rooms are eloquently decorated with beautiful and unique pieces. The bedding is Premium +++. The doors to each room are exquisite. Each room provides a microwave and refrigerator as well as two gorgeous place settings. I loved the big television with Roku. The staff is excellent. Dan the owner, and his dog Freddie are there at the property always to guarantee you have any and everything you could possibly need for a most remarkable and memorable stay. Don’t even think twice about staying here. You WILL NOT BE SORRY!!!
Thank you Casaita de Maya for one of the best weeks I’ve ever spent away from home !!!!

Date of stay: July 2018