Tamarindo Bed and Breakfast
US$335
US$161
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Casa Mexicana Cozumel(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$140
US$136
US$301
US$233
Villas Las Anclas(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$61
Cozumel Palace(Cozumel)
US$504
US$456
Hotels.com
All reviewsmexican neighborhoodshared kitchenevery morningair conditioningfive nightshome away from homea great place to stayenjoyed my staycruise shipwater pressureking beddive shoppalapajimenapalomarislandyucatan
Reviewed 3 December 2012

Been staying at Tamarindo since '06 and I will never stay anywhere else in Cozumel.

Tamarindo is simultaneously down-to-earth and dreamlike. You won't find the frills & pampering, but you'll be perfectly situated to carve out your own ideal holiday, rather than taking one off the tourist trap shelf. To me, the beauty of Tamarindo is that its (very minor) imperfections make me realize how NOT important a lot of things are.

I have a fast-paced job in New York City, and I vacation in Cozumel to get away from the stress, the noise, and the crowds. I don't want to think about work or email. I don't want my vacation to even remotely resemble my everyday life. I want my vacation to be more like the life I wish I was living, and a uniquely, cheerfully designed B&B with hammocks, balconies and a courtyard goes a long way toward fulfilling that fantasy.

Were there some ants in the kitchen? Yeah, but the place is clean; it's just a tropical island. Could I access the wi-fi? No, but I went to the beach & didn't see a single person for eight hours (and there's wi-fi in a lot of places in town, anyway.) Was the room hot? It's a tropical island; I want it to be hot. Is there a lot of street noise? Not much beyond the pastry bikes & the occasional gas truck, but it's not the dead calm of suburbia. Were there times when Eliane was not available? Many times, but if she wasn't a real person with a real life, I wouldn't have had the benefit of her knowledge of the island, and I'd have never had the pleasure of figuring some things out for myself.

I guess what I'm saying is that, if you want a casual vacation, and don't sweat the small stuff, you'll love Tamarindo. It's DIY with a nice quality of life. It's thankfully under the radar and just old-school enough to be personable & intimate. It's for people who prefer open windows to air-conditioning.

If, however, you want the Disney experience, you should probably go somewhere else & let the rest of us relax.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank BeeQueEee
Reviewed 29 November 2012

There's a whole lot to love about Tamarindo B&B! The entire place is full of charm and character. There is an attention to details at every turn, one that makes every little thing catch your eye. A lot of thought went into the decor and the grounds and the buildings are beautiful.

The location is great, two blocks outside of the "tourist zone." So you are close to everything in town, including the ferry terminal, the bars, the restaurants, and the shops. Basically everything in San Miguel de Cozumel is within walking distance from the B&B.

The beautiful Ocaso room was a veritable steal at the low-season rate of 30$! Tastefully decorated with a huge bed and a ceiling fan, the room was cleaned every day.

Eliane, the host, is wonderful, friendly, and super helpful. On arrival, she sits down with you with a map and she shows you everything you need to know. She gave me plenty of suggestions regarding where to go for the best food, etc, and her recommendations were spot on. This B&B offers what is probably the best value on the island of Cozumel, no doubt about it!

Un gros merci pour tout, Eliane! Dommage que tu ne contrôles pas la météo!!

Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 November 2012

This is the original Tamarindos sister property a block from the Chedrui, next to Gymboree, south of the San Miguel square. This property is brand new and I enjoyed my stay. Eliane, the owner, is terrific and Louis the on site manager were helpful and easy to communicate with. The apartments are spacious, I stayed in "Sugar" and had the opportunity to see all the units. I am planning on going back with my family this spring and stay in one of the larger units. Free WiFi and full kitchen means you can shop at either of the 2 large supermarkets a few blocks away and have breakfast on hand or cook a full meal. Rates were excellent and a good value. The location is perfect for me and access to the South end of the island is more convenient while still within walking distance anywhere. Also easy to catch a cab at the end of the street.

Room Tip: Look at the website, many helpful pictures and Eliane is very responsive to help choose a room to fit your needs.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Alevey64
Reviewed 11 November 2012

All the reviews were right on about this place. Elaine is wonderful! The place is very intimate and I LOVE the location in town away from the hotels and by some great places. Its super quiet and beautiful. We will be back for sure! If you are looking to get away from the touristy hotel stuff this is lovely. Elaine is super helpful about everything. The bakery down the street is YUMMY!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2012 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights at Tamarindo and we loved this place!
Helena is very friendly and welcoming, the rooms are beautiful, clean, well decorated. You can share a kitchen, which is very useful if you want to spare some money. There are beautiful terraces where you can eat or just relax. It is located in the center of San Miguel, Cozumel, but when you enter it, it's all green with beautiful trees.
You can easily walk to every place of interest in town (restaurants, bars, museum, shops) but you need to rent a scooter or car to visit the island, go to the beach or scuba-diving. She can recommand you a good car to rent for 40 dollars a day (20 for a scooter).
There are also taxis.

We highly recommend this B&B, probably one of the best places to stay!
Thank you Helena for this nice stay!

• Stayed: September 2012