9 people are viewing this hotel
US$291
Free cancellation until 25/04/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Agoda.com
Expedia.comUS$292
eDreamsUS$291
getaroom.comUS$295
2,539 results
All reviews fish tacos master suite coffee corner water beds la cevicheria vina del mar italian restaurant dive house beach beds beach area the grill main bar private pool breakfast and lunch ocean view swim up bar small resort
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 February 2021 via mobile

We have been at fiesta Americana for 7 days. To preface this, we came to fiesta Americana for a specific reason. My 21 month old daughter died in December after a life long battle with a genetic disease. Her second birthday was February 26, yesterday. She died 12 weeks ago today.

This afternoon, I was in the pool with my family and 3 other children and saw a couple sitting near us acting very inappropriately sexually. We tried to ignore it but it escalated to the point where everyone felt uncomfortable. Security was standing near by. I simply asked them to stop. They began yelling. Told us they wanted to hit us. And mocking us.

The manager came over and I explained what had happened and a few minutes later the couple left the pool. But not before telling us it was fine to act like this in front of children because “that’s how babies are made” and licking the glass while loudly moaning. Still clearly mocking us.

20 minutes later, the man returned and sat near us again. He began to speak very loudly to me. Calling our family profane language. When I asked why this was allowed to continue, I was told there was nothing management could do.

So we are spending the last night not in the pool as that person is still down there. I am shocked at this behavior and as return patrons I am disappointed.

We were eagerly awaiting our return for what should be my daughter’s third birthday next year, but now will find alternative accommodations.

This is advertised as a family friendly resort, but this behavior is anything but.

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank niknak242
Walter Cordova, Director General at Fiesta Americana Cozumel All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2021

Hi dear niknak242, first we are so sorry about your family situation, we
understand how sad you feel about it.
We check everything at the moment you told us, but no one else was complaining, but we talked with them
to make sure nothing wrong happens.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again and give you a
a different perspective of our hotel.

Reviewed 27 February 2021

I went with friends for a birthday getaway. It was a blast. Got to the resort in time to go snorkeling on an excursion. We caught a barracuda on the way back. Edgar and Vega were great guides. The next day I went snorkeling around the resort and Jesus Perez was so nice and showed me the reef wall with stingrays and a large group of yellow fish by a pier. Also saw a barracuda (I hope he didn't recognize me as one of the people that caught his brother). Overall it was a great time.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Denise B

thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience,
your kind comment will help future travelers to choose their next destination,
We will love to welcome you again.

Reviewed 26 February 2021 via mobile

There are amazing people here.....manuel.....samuel....saul...arturo....but....would not recommend overall. I pay for bottle service to my room. Paid over 500 us the first time then denied me second time. Both after the bar closed. Service was good....management sucked....i am a new member....prob will not stay here again. Food soso.....go local off resort.

Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Wander, due to the new laws of the island the service of alcohol ends at 11pm.
We always follow all the rules and one of them is also to stop the alcohol service when the person is
not available to keep drinking.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again a change your perspective.

Reviewed 20 February 2021 via mobile

Beginning this review with the staff because they were simply wonderful. Highly organized, professional, hard working and genuinely friendly. It seemed like the staff was happy to be there, they all got along so well with each other, all waving at each other and joking, smiling and helping. Made it a happy place to stay!

Our favorite barista Claudia was a delight, she always greeted us each morning and wrote cute things on our coffee cups. Mario was an exceptional server! He truly went above and beyond for us and we learned so much about culture/history. Juan and Jose were both wonderful, I wish I could remember the sweet ladies who did our couples mani/pedi at the spa (they were wonderful) but the Swedish couples massage from Yara and Jasmine were blissful to say the least. The gals that run the pool activities throughout the day were adorable, fun and inclusive... that was a pleasant surprise to have during our downtime at the pool. They had games, crafts, classes and exercises.

SO CLEAN! 24hrs a day these folks are cleaning... spraying down rooms, offering sanitizer, wiping down tables and chairs.

Nightly entertainment was wonderful! Each night had a show and each one was full of talented individuals in such a fun way! Dancing, acrobatics, music and festive shows nightly... perfect way to end a day.

Diving was wonderful at the dive house, the resort has its own pier so there was no need to lug our gear around. We forgot our DIN adapters and the shop was well equipped to accommodate us without an issue. Bruce told us stories on the boat and our guides, Antonio and David, were awesome. David pointed out so many things for us to photograph, great diving all around.

The food was spectacular. We stayed a total of 10 nights and never had the same dinner twice. Not only was the food presentation beautiful, but the flavors and variety was amazing. We never ate off campus because the food here was just too good! We did however eat at Cevicheria almost daily for lunch... it was just that good! Big shout out to our very favorite hostess Alejandra, she was a genuinely fun and delightful sight each time we saw her. She remembered it was our anniversary and she greeted us with a beautiful cake one evening.

Helpful things; when selecting a room, higher is better! We were the 6th floor suite and we had no issues with water, AC, dampness or noise. North tower is much better than the south in my opinion and our view was gorgeous. There are plenty of laundry machines available and the front desk has soap if you need. Very nice and well equipped gym with weights ranging from 5# to 45#, 2 benches, weight machines and cardio machines. Taxis are available on site and the driver stayed with us for the ride back, but you can also rent a scooter on site to get around. Nothing on the island is far and it’s worth exploring! Punta Sur and Discover Mexico are must-dos that are close by!

COVID issues; none. They are happy to set up your free testing to get home, they make sure it’s in your flight time frame and you have your results in just a few hours.

We spoke to other couples who have been coming to the island for years and to many hotel venues. They said Fiesta was the best they’ve found and we enthusiastically agree. We will always come back!

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank csniners
Walter Cordova, Director General at Fiesta Americana Cozumel All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2021

csniner, thank you very much for sharing this amazing review, definitely will help the future
travellers to decide their future destination.
We also want to thank you for mention every detail of your visit and mention our staff,
be sure all of them already know it.
One more time thank you, for choosing us and gave us the opportunity to welcome you,
we are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 15 February 2021 via mobile

We were so impressed with everything at Fiesta Americana Cozumel! The friendliness and professionalism of the staff was outstanding, and being a clean freak, I was awes by the incredible daily cleaning that was done. The food was great, too! Special shout out to Maitre’d Arturo and his staff at the Vina Del Mar restaurant for their attentiveness and great service!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Walter Cordova, Director General at Fiesta Americana Cozumel All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2021

Thank you very much for write about your experience
and for mention our staff, this is one of the best ways to
recognize all our team.
We hope to welcome you back in the near future.