Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 52 Hotels in Cozumel
Winnipeg, Canada
“Spectacular!”
Reviewed 9 March 2012

I just concluded my first ever winter holiday on the island of Cozumel, and am happy to say that my experience at Presidente InterContinental was memorable, for all the right reasons. I stayed in room 3104, with my brother and his family staying in the adjoining unit. The room was very clean, and well maintained. We initially had an issue with the key cards not unlocking the room doors, but the problem was quickly and courteously solved by the front desk staff.

The atmosphere of the resort was peaceful and serene from my poolside room, and the staff went to great lengths to make our stay comfortable. Fresh hibiscus blooms adorned the room with each visit from housekeeping, and they skillfully fashioned towels and wash cloths into various sea and land creatures to decorate the room - a nice touch! The bed was very comfortable, and the linens always fresh. The marble floors in the rooms felt good under my feet after coming in from the day's scorching temperatures.

The restaurant food was great, and I would personally recommend the Coconut Shrimp to anyone who appreciates great seafood dishes. Even if you find yourself too stuffed from the main course to order dessert, the staff will often serve a tray of complimentary sweets as a courtesy.

The resort is well landscaped, and the groundskeepers rake the sand each morning to keep the beach looking like is was made just for you. Coconuts that hang in great clusters from the numerous palm trees are harvested regularly to avoid the possibility of them falling and injuring a guest, and are used in many of the restaurant's tasty entrees. After nightfall, the grounds of the resort are a feast for the eyes, with colored lights highlighting winding pathways beneath island plants, and candle lanterns glowing within the lobby hallways.

Staff are always happy to please, always offering their assistance and a friendly Mayan greeting (malob kin) when they see guests passing by.

I would highly recommend Presidente InterContinental to anyone wishing to have fond memories of the island treasure of Cozumel.

Room Tip: If you enjoy stretching out in a hammock, you'll need to book an ocean view room.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Henry W, Gerente at Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 9 March 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your remark about our hotel as spectacular. We feel very proud about your kind comments and It is so great to see you enjoyed our rooms and services. Thank you as well for pointing out the service received by our staff.

Hopefully, we can have you back every time you need a break.

Henry Walther

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (462)
  • Hebrew first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Sadly, just returned from a wonderful vacation at the Presidente InterContinental Cozumel. WOW. This was such a beautiful place. We stayed in a beautiful ocean front room that was literally steps from the ocean. The staff went so far above and beyond to make us feel comfortable that I was blown away.

We actually planned on spending more time touring around Cozumel, but we had to tear ourselves away finally because there was no reason to leave.

We spent one long morning in the spa, which was beautiful. We ate every meal except for one in the hotel and enjoyed them all completely. Jorge, the concierge gave us a wonderful recommendation for a local restaurant which was fantastic!!!

I don't have a single complaint; except that it will be too long before I can go back!

Room Tip: There is some construction going on at one end of the resort. I would avoid the 3,000 rooms, as the...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your appreciated comments about our staff and our property.

We are always looking to meet and exceed expectations of our valued guests, and believe me, comments like yours make us feel proud of the work performed every day.

Hopefully, during your hard work time at home, you will be able to give yourself a break to visit us once again soon, at this, your home away from home in Cozumel.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Just returned home from a four night stay at the Presidente. Booked a room with a pool view based on the numerous reviews I read prior to booking - we were placed in 2124 which has a view of a wall and is a short walk from the rooms with the actual pool view. In addition there was no light in the room - so dim at 2pm that I could not see despite opening the curtains. This was not optimal but we got a good rate so I decided not to make an issue of the lacking view. As we entered our room from the outside pool/terrace area the door pulled open without much effort - my husband then thought we had unlocked it somehow from the inside and worked with it some but it was bent and the metal wasn't fully engaging so we reported the issue and said that we wished to move. The front desk staff resisted and wanted to send maintenance - after several minutes of discussion held they agreed to move us to an ocean front room. Any facility that prefers to repair a door while the patron is in the room is questionable in my opinion. The door really should lock before one checks into the room.

Next room - it was okay - small and has seen some weathering. The sink has been updated with new faucets but it was poor quality work.

The linens were good and the bed was comfortable. The balcony hammock required my husband to contort his body to lay in it and there was no way two people could lay in it. Not an optimal experience on the balcony overall.

Room service was poor - I ordered a pizza for a break from mexican theme, my husband had coconut shrimp - possibly my error for ordering pizza - all was overpriced for the quality.

The restaurant was marginal - we had breakfast buffet daily and snacks throughout the day - I ordered a couple of drinks without alcohol and they put alcohol in them - I couldn't really taste it but was feeling so wierd and then the check came and they had alcohol.

I had a nice massage at the spa but no A/C in the general spa/locker room area so it was quite hot. The paint was chipping in the jacuzzi like an old YMCA and the spa was just low quality when one is paying for a $120 massage. My husband shocked himself in the steam room and we just laughed off the experience but in general the whole place was dated and very weathered. Granted it is in Mexico but it is in need of serious maintenance on many levels.

The reef was nice and snorkeling was great directly in front of the hotel. There was an ample sandy beach to lay on and get some sun. We saw tons of fish and this was the redeeming part of the trip.

I would not stay here again and I hope that this isn't the best Cozumel has to offer.
We have spent many trips in different Caribbean islands and hotels. I've been in several facilities that were part of "The Leading Hotels of the World" - how this place qualified I will never know.

Room Tip: Steer clear of pool side unless they tell you which room you are getting -
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank thewebers2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for writing us and sharing with us the experience you had. I would like first of all to apologize, about all your inconveniences you had during your stay and second, make the commitment if you decide to come one more time to show you all we learned starting from your comments.

Hopefully we can have your patronage in a near future, and if so, feel free to contact me directly.

Henry Walther.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 6 March 2012

From the nice cool wonderfully scented cloths given to us upon arrival, to the 4:30 am room service coffee at check out, this resort treated us like royalty. I loved the Hibiscus floral arrangements in our room everyday and especially the outdoor shower which made me feel as though I was standing under a waterfall gazing at the moon every night :) Every staff member was professional, friendly and at your service anytime. This was our first visit to Cozumel and we plan on returning to this resort very soon. We love to travel and this is one the best resorts we have stayed at.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Henry W, Gerente at Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay at our Resort. We feel very excited to know that you are planing to come back soon as well as we feel very honored for your kind words about our daily work.

I look forward to see you again soon.

NE
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Pricey--but well worth it. get an oceanfront troom and you are steps away from the sand. The staff (concierge-front desk-room service-bell staff) rival the Ritz in Customer Service. Our stay was extremely enjoyable. The restaurant menu needs some more variety and some the room servicwe staples should be available as well. This is our 3rd time here (numerous times to the island) and hands-down the best in Cozumel.

Room Tip: get a ground floor room
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Henry W, Gerente at Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay at our Resort.

I am very pleased to read your appraisal of our team, services and facilities and I know my colleagues will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts to meet your needs. Certainly, I am taking note about the improvements we need to do for your next visit.

I look forward to welcoming you back in a near future.