4 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Westin.comUS$162
Expedia.comUS$161
PricelineUS$160
Hotels.comUS$161
travelup.comUS$184
ZenHotels.comUS$337
All reviews rooftop pool las gaviotas beautiful hotel the key lime pie factory lobster penthouse suite balcony room quiet area wrap around balcony all inclusive option snack bar relaxing stay snorkel gear north side room number lounge chairs sandy beach
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 December 2020 via mobile

Tried booking a final romantic night in Cozumel with the hotel and it was incorrectly booked for Nov 19th rather than Dec 19th. Tried contacting the business multiple times to remedy the situation and they said “sorry, nothing we can do”. Took over $400 and gave me nothing in return. I will never stay at a Westin again and will be sharing my experience with friends and family. Buyer Beware!

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank kyleh856
Alejandro Ruiz , Director General at The Westin Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2021

Dear kyleh856,

We greatly appreciate your opinion about our hotel and we deeply regret the inconvenience, we are already in contact with you to assist you through our sales department.

For us, the service and attention of the Brand is a priority. With pleasure we are in communication giving you the proper follow-up and the reply also through the sales department.

Reviewed 26 December 2020 via mobile

The hotel is about 3.5 miles from the city, so you will need a car/taxi/moped to get around. It is a beautiful hotel, very clean, beautiful views. Service is excellent, everyone is very helpful and everyone speaks English. The restaurant is very good, everything we had was delicious. The gym is nice and the indoor spa is great.
The outdoor pools (rooftop one too) were nice and refreshing, snorkeling at the hotel is surprisingly awesome- saw so many kinds of fish even a yellow stingray and needlenose fish, puffer, blue tang, and lots of colorful parrot fish. The only complaints: lamp in room had no lightbulb, and the street construction along the hotel was a bit disruptive.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Rafael Alvarez, Director General at The Westin Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2020

Dear mleekim,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to highlight our hotel features down to the detail. We are absolutely delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay, and appreciate the proactivity and kindness of our staff. Our staff attaches a great importance to our guests’ well-being and has the pleasure to make unforgettable experiences for you at each visit. We will share your comments with all the team to encourage them to continue improving, and will take into great consideration your opinion.

Thank you again for this heartwarming review of your stay with us, we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 25 December 2020

Spend your money at another resort! Negatives - food isn't good, hard beds, slow service, unwilling to accommodate, all-inclusive fees for kids are too high. I've never written a negative review of a hotel/resort until today. I'm a long-time loyal Marriott Bonvoy Elite member and they've lost my business as well due to their unwillingness to help in any way. Hilton just gained a customer.

Positive - clean hotel

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank eroc051976
Alejandro Ruiz , Director General at The Westin Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2021

Dear eroc051976,

There seems to have been a number of deficiencies encountered which are very atypical and not reflective of our brand experience; if this stay was marred by irregular circumstances, we can only renew our apologies and assure you that we have in the meantime briefed the team at great length of your comments.

We are working on a daily basis to exceed our guest’s expectations and would love to have the opportunity to host you again in the near future to offer you a remarkable stay.

I remain at your service.

Reviewed 20 December 2020 via mobile

The property itself is nice if you’re on a business trip - but felt a bit like a whitewashed courtyard on the beach. No resort feel whatsoever. The big issue whatsoever was with the management. I am a titanium elite member and booked with points for two queens (staying one night with another couple). We were charged 80 extra for two additional people - fine, I get it. I was then however told by 3 separate managers three separate times that I had to pay cost even though I booked online with points. Felt very scammy, I had to tell them I’m calling bonvoy each time for them concede. Would not recommend this property.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank russddrury
Rafael Alvarez, Director General at The Westin Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2020

Dear Mr. russddrury,

We sincerely appreciate the time you spent to share your comments following your visit to The Westin Cozumel , our guests' feedback is of utmost importance to ensure our demanding standards of service at all times, please accept our sincere apologies for any inconsistency you may have experienced during your stay.

Again, we genuinely appreciate the time you took out of your day to inform us of the inadequacies you experienced during your stay and we sincerely hope that you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our true level of hospitality and interest in serving you properly in the future.

Reviewed 19 December 2020 via mobile

Prior my arrival I received an email that was a nice touch, sadly my reservation had the wrong nights in the hotel, causing me stress so needed to confirm the information with the hotel. On my day of arrival I did my check in and no information was disclosed regarding restaurant closed, the roof was in not conditions to stay unless for taking a picture of the view, this was disappointing as the most attractive areas we not available due to current maintenance (or lack of that), as my check out was getting closer I decided to leave my information so my invoice could be delivered on time, a girl at the front desk “assisted me” asking me to write the information, which I did and also put some notes that I needed for tax purposes this same person told me she couldn’t give me any rate as Reservations department was unavailable and if I wanted, I could check the webpage or the app, at my check out this information was MIA, if the hotel was not fully occupied and they forget to assist guests I cannot imagine once the hotel fully operates, except for one girl (she wears glasses) assisted me with an issue with my shower, she delivered great service throughout my entire stay, the rest lacks of attention and service oriented attitude which is really disappointing as it’s not what you expect from the people who’s their job to assist you throughout your stay. Something really good was service in Restaurant, Room Service, and Snack Bar. If I ever return to Cozumel, I’m sure Westin would not be my choice. Btw, if you travel during pandemic, housekeeping service is not daily unless u request the service which is an action that doesn’t make any sense as they need to keep all hotel facilities covid-free, I requested the service daily as hairs were all around the bathroom area that of course were not mine as I don’t have long hair

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank carloslR8303FE
Rafael Alvarez, Director General at The Westin Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2020

Dear Mr. carloslR8303FE,

We really appreciate the time you took to share your feedback after your visit to Westin Cozumel, our guests' feedback is of the utmost importance in ensuring our exacting standards of service at all times, please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconsistencies you may have experienced during your stay.

The comments of our guests give us the opportunity to see our hotel through their eyes, which gives us an idea of ​​any service that may have room for improve the stay of our future guest.

At The Westin Cozumel we highly value that our staff is guest-oriented and welcoming at all times, being fully aware that their interactions with our guests have a huge impact on the overall vacation experience at our hotels, for which we regret. We read your comments on the service received and we are committed to adjusting any situation that takes us away from our goal, which is to ensure that our guests feel welcome and cared for at all times.

Regarding housekeeping, your room is your sanctuary during your stay with us. To minimize contact, cleaning services are only provided at the request of our guests. This is how we informed you when you checked in that if you wish to request a cleaning schedule, please let us know.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again on your next visit to Cozumel.