We read alot of the reviews..did our homework and it sure paid off. The Allegro Cozumel is without question, a fantastic value for those on a budget. The Hotel was a perfect fit for our family of 5, our kids loved the activities, the pools, but mostly..their beach!. Probably the nicest beach on the island.The rooms were very clean, no problems and because we used social media ie. Facebook, etc. we were upgraded to a suite..What a Surprise!! Thank You Catalina!!..Overall the hotel is beatiful, very well kept and the food was what we expected. Not the best, not the worst..put it this way, no one went hungry! The a la carte restaraunts were nice and a step up from the buffet. The drinks during the day were perfect for both us adults and our kids. The shows at night were entertaining, the time share reps who hound you as you you come and go from the restaraunt...not so much. DO NOT GET LURED IN BY THEM!!! the promise of discounted excursions do not justify the savings you will get for spending 3 hours of your day wasted listening to some car-salesmen type pitch you on an over priced timeshare. Thats right..3 hours, not 90 minutes like they tell you. So if you keep your distance from them..you will be doing yourself a favor. We did take a combo fishing/snorkeling trip from them, and that was well worth it. It ran us about $300 plus tip was defintely a highlight of our trip. It you spend a week here like we did...get a rental car for a week and explore the island. There are so many places to see and spend a day. Whether it's Punta Sur, San Gervasio, Alberto's Beach, Money Bar...just get out and see everything Cozumel has to offer. Probably the cleanest city in all of Mexico with friendly people to match. Again, for the money...our family vacation was everything we had hoped for and the Allegro Cozumel was a perfect fit. Without question, we will be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Mexico’s Caribbean there is a tiny island just bursting with life – it is Cozumel and the Allegro Cozumel. Right on the famous Sand Francisco Beach, two worlds of adventure co-exist: The Fun-in-the-sun beach and the amazing undersea Palancar Reef. Whatever you choose to pursue, Allegro Cozumel places it right at your fingertips. Beach Volleyball, tropical bars, restaurants, and nightclubs keep life on land exciting, while the on-site dive shop and big-game sport-fishing charters offer a gateway into the dazzling marine sanctuary of Cozumel’s waters. And when you awake the next morning, after a relaxing night’s sleep in your comfortable guest room, you’ll find there’s even more to explore, because the adventure never stops at Allegro. For the young ones, there is plenty to do from building sand castles alongside the beautiful powdery white sand beach, get physical at the amazing kid’s multiplay covered playground, catch some giggles at the water park, or take advantage of the many activities offered by the Kids clubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Barcelo, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Allegro Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Allegro Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Occidental Allegro Hotel
- Occidental Allegro Resort All Inclusive