US$178
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Cozumel and Resort(Cozumel)
Free cancellation until 21/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$113
Playa Azul(Cozumel)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$208
US$183
El Cid La Ceiba Beach Hotel(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$117
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Book now, pay at stay
US$165
  • Breakfast included
Casa Mexicana Cozumel(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$92
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$205
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Mary Carmen(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$54
US$43
Villas Las Anclas(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$63
  • Pool
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$83/night.

US$422
5,274 results
All reviewsultimate dive experiencethe oriental restaurantfirst clubfishdive shopkids poolgreat beachkids clubdinner buffeta la carte restaurantsfamily resortdive palancarpicky eaterother resortsbeach volleyballrecommend this resorthard beds
Reviewed 23 May 2012

If you are not expecting cruise quality or $350 a night resort quality food, you will love this place. The biggest knock we have seen on this resort has been the food. While many days there is nothing exciting, there was always something that we found that we liked. If you need to gorge yourself on high quality food, pay for a more expensive resort. We absolutely enjoyed our stay at the Allegro and will be back next year with other family members. The Mexican and Oriental restaurants were very good. I also saw some complaints about the pool. The pool is clean. It could use a paint job, but its not bad.
We traveled with an 11 month old and requested a refrigerator and crib in our room. They were both in there when we arrived. Each day we tipped the housekeeper 20 pesos and she would leave us extra bottled water, which was helpful for the baby's formula. The room wasn't fancy, but we were there to be outside in the pools, ocean and scuba dive. The room was always clean. The bed is a bit stiff, but that is actually my preference. The hotel grounds were also clean.
The pools were nice and there were several of them with perfect temperatures and always clean. The beach was also nice and clean and always had several chairs and umbrellas available.
The service all around was great. The bartenders, servers and front desk were all nice. I can't say much for the entertainment as we never made it. Since we are scuba divers and have a baby, we were usually in the room by the time it started.
If you scuba dive, this is the absolute best place to stay on the island. I have went diving in Mexico with 10-12 other dive shops, but Mexico Pro Dive (the on site dive shop) is by far the best dive shop I have used in Mexico. It is right there on site and you are literally a 5-10 minute boat ride from most of the sites. The staff there is friendly, patient and flexible. Classy place.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
10  Thank MattyD47
Reviewed 22 May 2012

We arrrived May 14 for for nights and days of Scuba Diving. What a delightful surprise to find the ever-efficiet and warm & welcoming Mariella still there - since my last wonderful visit in January-February 2010!!! The scuba dive operation has changed - THANKS GOODNESS - the PREVIOUS Palancar Dive operation was very unprofessional and un-helpful with loading/changing out gear, even dangerous on guided tours. The new Scuba Dive operation Pro-Dive is extremely courteous, the manager Hans speaking with each diver in advance to get acquainted with their experience level. Anke was very efficient, always smiling and flexible in checking us in. I did an extra dive and she was okay with my paying the last day... she made sure my Free Nitrox was available each day, even going back to get tanks when none were loaded on the boat the second afternoon. The Dive masters are ALL INSTRUCTORS = a higher level of certification - and they were patient with special requests, and guided us on many lovely dives. Daughter did her AOW cert for a great bargain rate of $99 - compared to $369 here in North Carolina! Louis, Lee, and especially Miriam - our Dive Masters were superb. I was sorry to see such a decline in sea creatures, but the reefs are fantastic, if rather a lot of sand on many of the coral reefs - perhaps due to storms and rain each night. It was nice to have a choice of four dives each day...this is also unusual and a nice addition. Miriam and Louis were wonderful instructors to my daughter. The dive groups were small. Hans said he has increased the number of dive masters and they are all instructors, so the groups were generally 6-10 max divers. Buy your dive tanks online in advance for a 10% discount. It would be nice of the camera water rinse tanks was filled first thing in the morning; I had to check out my camera's waterproofness each morning in the pool.. not so preferable. But there were plenty of water buckets on board. While we were shown Sharks, Crabs, Scorpionfish, and Lobsters, I really missed not seeing Spotted Morays, Green Morays, Toadfish, Sea Horses, and many other fish life I've always seen in Coz...maybe there are really just a lot less. The good news is that I only saw one small black Lionfish...

As to the resort - we also stayed in 6112 - and we loved the location - midway to the restaurants and to the beach. The ocean is very much alive with fish and has a gentle surf - ideal for kids and for gentle snorkeling, or just being lazy with a good book.

Fernando is STILL THERE at the Beach Palapa Bar with suspended wooden swings for seats around the bar - and he STILL MAKES the BEST MOJITOS in the Hemispere - even better than South Beach Miami!!! Be sure to try them, and TELL FERNANDO about the great TA reviews. His Yellow Bird is also a long-time fav of mine. In fact, each bar has several "Drink Menus' The rail drinks are really not too bad, if not Stoly's or Jose Cuervo or Ron Rico, but the quality is not bad like many all-inclusives.

The restaurant staff in every restaurant are most helpful. I wish I could remember the names of all the wonderful people who made our repeat stay so wonderful. I was just so tickled to remember so many faces from over two years ago. Clearly, the management, like Mariela do a lot to care for their employees and it trickles down to all the staff. Our housekeeper was wonderful and efficient, the AC was strong and cold, and we had no bad smells as reported by others...even in the same unit. Perhaps the problem they had in March was taken care of. Our walls were a little thin, but not as bad to keep us awake. The firm beds were wonderful for my back, but my younger daughter in her 20s found them too hard. Always had hot water!! and free water in the room, so we could brush our teeth and drink that bottled water.

I missed the Mayan show they had in 2010, but the Fire show was very top-rate, and the Mexican dancers were very colorful.

The breakfast buffets were amazing. The wonderful fellow who served us and refuilled our coffee even brought me cream for my coffee when I asked!!! Wonderful MARIE CARMEN makes a lovely, not greasy omelet and it was a delight to see her also still there form 2010!!! The Dinner Buffet is not so great - food was cold and choices very meager and disappointing. The reserve restaurants were GREAT Thanks so much to Amin? the manager at La Toke for squeezing us on for our last night when we did not have our reservation!!! The Oriental restaurant was so delicious! The double order of Sushi...yum!

The one night we had the dinner buffet was so bad, we left and drove one km south to Alberto's on the Beach. Another favorite from 2010, I again ordered their Grilled Snapper with garlic and butter... It comes with a full plate of fabulous Rice, Veggies sauteed, and Oven-baked potatoes, all perfectly cooked. Alberto wants his beach place to be "the place" to go. Their service is awesome, and the tables are right on the beach next to the ocean.

Lastly, be sure to rent a car and drive south to Punta Sur and visit the Rastaman Bar - get some Shrimp Quesadillas and a cold Tecate. Can't really swim due to the ferocious surf, but continue driving (speed limit is now 40 on the beach road, I was reminded by a pair of cos who were nice and let us go with a warning, as we only had $13 left to our name on this last day....) but it is a beautiful drive. If you are feeling ecological, take a garbage bag and pick up a few cans and plastic bits to help keep Cozumel as unspoiled as it has been since I first came here in 1993!!!

Room Tip: We love the Pool facing rooms in Building 38 or 61. Building 67 or 68 for a remote Romantic place... more private pool, next to La Tolteka Restaurant and beach... but far fom the breakfast buffet.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Professorshours
Reviewed 21 May 2012

We decided to take our Padi OpenWater Scuba Diving Course in Cozumel and chose this hotel based on 4 star rating of AirCanadaVacations but were badly disappointed. We stayed at room 4412 and 4413 from May 12 till May 19, 2012. First there always a bad odor floating in the air around the building maybe due to the sewage system. Even the water in the room and in the beach shower smell a bit of foul odor. At one night we saw a small lizard running around on the wall and disappear under a wall lamp. By looking underneath the lamp next morning we saw crack around the lamp electrical plate where the lizard enter et exit the room. On our last morning we even saw a tiny frog hanging in our shower. We were annoyed by many iguanas lying around on the stone alleys, if you're not careful and step on them you can be bitten I guess. Now the food, it is quite limited and always the same. For a ocean site hotel like this with an abundance of fish in the ocean, I'm very disappointed to have to eat always the same kind of fish called bassa or pangsius which is imported very far away from Asia. It rained almost every day the week we stayed and a few alleys were completely flooded, again maybe due to the defective sewage system at this hotel. But the staff is very courteous and friendly. And the PADI Pro Dive Center is top notch, instructor Louis is very nice and helpful. There are only 2 buffets and 2 reservation restaurant - one is mexican and the other chinese. There are 2 nice and big water parks for children. Because of the fould odor and invasion of lizard, I cannot rated this hotel more than a 2 Star. I feel somehow that if a little more efforts in the food area (please do not cook hamburgers 4 hours in advance, please warm up your food, please provide some pizza, pls be more inventive...) will help raising the status of this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank stevelee47
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Dear Steveele47
Greetings from Allegro Cozumel!
Thank you for your feedback and stay with us. Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences you experienced. The rating that Air Canada Vacations gives us is based on specific criteria that we are required to meet. Please know that the hotel is surrounded by jungle and mangroves, which during rainy season produce the scent you described. It is impossible to completely get rid of this odor, but the water is regularly tested and is completely safe to drink. We assure you that our sewage system has not had any problems.
I am sorry to hear about the crack in your room. I discussed this with the maintenance manager and he has fixed the problem and looked into it in all other rooms. As for all the wildlife, I apologize if you found them to be a nuisance. We are in the middle of a protected natural area in Cozumel and the wildlife here is protected too. We try our best to keep them out of the rooms, but please know that none of them are dangerous. We ask our guests to help keep them to a minimum by not feeding them.
We do offer fresh seafood from around the world. However, we cannot provide any from our area as Cozumel’s status as a natural protected area makes commercial fishing illegal. I have shared the rest of your feedback about the food with our chef, who is always looking for ways to improve our culinary offerings.
Regarding the flooding, during rainy season, the surrounding mangroves push and trap the water in certain areas. We drain the main areas that are most frequented by guests and the rest of the areas always drain naturally.
I am so glad you found our staff to be courteous and thank you for your compliments about our partners at Pro Dive. I have shared your feedback with them all and they greatly appreciated it.
I hope we can have another opportunity to host you in the future!
Sincerely
Carolina Inerian
Assistant Manager

Reviewed 20 May 2012

We have just returned from yet another wonderful stay at the Allegro. Ivan and the entire staff are always very pleasant and helpfull. The grounds are clean and well maintianed. The beautiful sand beach is a real a real plus. Already we are looking foward to our next stay at the Allegro!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Brian H
Reviewed 18 May 2012

Don't waste your hard earned cash. Our family vacationed at Occidental Allegro the week of March 16th to the 23rd 2012. This resort is by no means a four star and to say the room (6112) was a "superior room" in a preferred location is outrageous. The room was extremely outdated and badly in need of repairs. Cracks around the door allowed, light, noise and insects into the room. The front window had a lock, but did not work. It was extremely difficult to bath as the water smelled of sulphur. The hammock on the deck was a nice touch, but we could not enjoy it due to the overwhelming stench of sewer in the complex. We lived out of our suitcases as there was not enough closet or cupboard space. As Camelon Gold Club guests, we were guaranteed three a la carte reservations - not so. The morning after we arrived I attended the front desk to make the a la carte reservations and was advised that I could only have 2 and the only dates available were the last two days of our stay. When we did get into the restaurants, both time the establishments were only half full. There was no sign of a concierge service other than a courtesy call from the front desk the first day of our vacation. We were also promised a barbeque on the beach - no sign of that either. When I asked the Nolitour agent she advised that there really wasn't a barbeque - it was just appetizers at the beach snack bar for Nolitour guests to mingle. During the week we experienced petty theft of items from our room. Not one, but two pairs of my 10 year old daughter's sandals disappeared, her colouring book, my deodorant and headbands. The safe for our valuables was archaic. I continually struggled with the key to lock and unlock the safe. Customer service at the front desk was non-existent. Our check out time was noon, but our shuttle to the airport was not leaving till 3:30 p.m. - our Nolitour rep advised that we could request a late check out at a cost of $10.00 per hour. The representative told me to request this the day before we left, which I did and was promptly told they could not do this the day before and to return the next morning. Once again, back to the front desk the day of our check to hear "NO" this could not be done. We were able to reserve a courtesy room for 1/2 an hour. What a disaster? By the time we had picked up the room key and found the room we had only 20 minutes for four of us to shower and change. Needless to say we went past the 30 minute mark and received a rude phone call from the front desk followed by the next client booked into the room pounding on the door and screaming obscenities at my children. Unbelievable! I could go on about the long line ups, lack of staff, and further misrepresentations, but I am sure my dissatisfaction is evident.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Peteyloveslola
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Dear Petesloveylola
Please accept our deepest apologies for all the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. What concerns me most about your review is the issue with your daughter’s items. We did not receive any report of this during your stay. I am contacting you directly through Trip Advisor to get more details.
Please know the Superior Rooms are our standard rooms and the Cameleon Club Gold location is preferred because it is far from the kid’s area and close to the pools. We do offer larger rooms, with more closet space, such as the Suites, which include mini fridges and full ocean views. Upgrades to these rooms are available to all guests for an additional fee.
I am sorry to hear about the cracks around your door. I have notified the maintenance team who has since made the appropriate repairs. The odor you mentioned comes from the surrounding jungle and mangroves, which flood during rainy season. It is near impossible to get rid of this natural scent, but I assure you that the water is still completely safe to drink.
There is a guarantee of three dinner reservations for Cameleon Gold guests. I discussed your reservations with the front desk and they informed me that your issue was a mistake made by a trainee. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences.
The BBQ dinner is offered in the snack area and is a full buffet exclusively offered to Club Cameleon Gold guests. This information is posted in the internal activities program that guests receive during check-in, broadcasted on the hotel TV channel, and announced during the Nolitour group information session. I am sorry if there was a misunderstanding.
Late check-out is subject to availability and is an extra charge. During your last day with us, we were unable to accommodate late check-outs, due to high occupancy; the hotel was full and we were expecting another group to arrive that same day. I apologize for the phone call from our front desk; I have talked to them about how best to communicate with guests.
Once again please accept our most sincere apologies.
Sincerely