We decided to take our Padi OpenWater Scuba Diving Course in Cozumel and chose this hotel based on 4 star rating of AirCanadaVacations but were badly disappointed. We stayed at room 4412 and 4413 from May 12 till May 19, 2012. First there always a bad odor floating in the air around the building maybe due to the sewage system. Even the water in the room and in the beach shower smell a bit of foul odor. At one night we saw a small lizard running around on the wall and disappear under a wall lamp. By looking underneath the lamp next morning we saw crack around the lamp electrical plate where the lizard enter et exit the room. On our last morning we even saw a tiny frog hanging in our shower. We were annoyed by many iguanas lying around on the stone alleys, if you're not careful and step on them you can be bitten I guess. Now the food, it is quite limited and always the same. For a ocean site hotel like this with an abundance of fish in the ocean, I'm very disappointed to have to eat always the same kind of fish called bassa or pangsius which is imported very far away from Asia. It rained almost every day the week we stayed and a few alleys were completely flooded, again maybe due to the defective sewage system at this hotel. But the staff is very courteous and friendly. And the PADI Pro Dive Center is top notch, instructor Louis is very nice and helpful. There are only 2 buffets and 2 reservation restaurant - one is mexican and the other chinese. There are 2 nice and big water parks for children. Because of the fould odor and invasion of lizard, I cannot rated this hotel more than a 2 Star. I feel somehow that if a little more efforts in the food area (please do not cook hamburgers 4 hours in advance, please warm up your food, please provide some pizza, pls be more inventive...) will help raising the status of this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Mexico’s Caribbean there is a tiny island just bursting with life – it is Cozumel and the Allegro Cozumel. Right on the famous Sand Francisco Beach, two worlds of adventure co-exist: The Fun-in-the-sun beach and the amazing undersea Palancar Reef. Whatever you choose to pursue, Allegro Cozumel places it right at your fingertips. Beach Volleyball, tropical bars, restaurants, and nightclubs keep life on land exciting, while the on-site dive shop and big-game sport-fishing charters offer a gateway into the dazzling marine sanctuary of Cozumel’s waters. And when you awake the next morning, after a relaxing night’s sleep in your comfortable guest room, you’ll find there’s even more to explore, because the adventure never stops at Allegro. For the young ones, there is plenty to do from building sand castles alongside the beautiful powdery white sand beach, get physical at the amazing kid’s multiplay covered playground, catch some giggles at the water park, or take advantage of the many activities offered by the Kids clubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Barcelo, Ebookers, Booking.com, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Allegro Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Allegro Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Occidental Allegro Hotel
- Occidental Allegro Resort All Inclusive