5,519 results
All reviews ultimate dive experience first club fish thatched roof dive shop kids pool the oriental restaurant great beach swim up bar kids club dinner buffet a la carte restaurants family resort picky eater beach volleyball towel art other resorts
Reviewed 23 October 2007

I booked this resort for my wedding anniversary with my Husband and 6 of our friends. We knew going in that it was not 5 star and we were right. But by no means, is there anything going on here that makes this place awful!!
Clean, simple, great beach - the food is not disgusting, but I didnt haul myself all the way to Cozumel to eat a burger for lunch. Loved the grilled calamari!! The Pico de Gallo was excellent too.
Eat in the a la carte restaurants as much as possible if you are not brave enough to venture out for food for dinner.
The resort is BEAUTIFUL and the workers are very helpful. Avoid the Occiental tour desk near the lobby (they hit you with the selling of tours and scooters and never once were they honest about pricing.) The Vacation Club offer of a tour and breakfast--timewaster unless you have $30,000. to join.
I was very annoyed with the many small details left out that ended up costing money and pestering you about tours and dont buy from so-and-so buy from me etc etc. We were promised a scooter for $10. per day and when we went to get it they wanted to charge us $150-ish for "insurance" and then reimburse us later. Seemed shifty to me.
Guard the towel card / towel with your life, it will cost you $50. if you lose it.
I would still go and stay there again and just use my knowledge to my advantage. You cant beat the location of the beach and Palancar Reef!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
5  Thank KikiCaddo
Reviewed 22 October 2007

This was a trip that we had booked 3 months ago so I've read all the good and bad reviews, now here's our take:

1. The beds are not as uncomfortable as I was expecting, we actually slept very well.

2. It is true that you can hear your neighbors and its not bc of thin walls but bc of a connecting door that has no soundproofing.

3. We requested a lower level room bc of the musty smell comments made about the second floor rooms. My sister had a second floor room, it is noticeable but it did not bother us or her.

4. The food was really good in my opinion! I do eat about anything, but the food here was better (more favor not blan) than the two previous all inclusives I've been to in Mexico (which both were actually 4 star). The Italian restaurant was very good (we did not make it to the Mexican restaurant). Again I'm not picky but it seemed that even the picky eaters in our group could find things they enjoyed.

5. The beach is awsome!

6. If your not coming to scuba dive take the Fury snorkling tour. We aslo recommend renting a jeep and exploring the island (we did check out the ruins and they are O.K., I'll leave it at that). Go to Coconuts on the east side of the island. I had the shrimp fajitas and I loved them! We also took the ferry (30 min. bout ride) to Playa Del Carmen one day to shop (the ferry is $17.00 per person round trip). The Ferry leaves to Playa Del Carmen every hour from 5 AM to 11PM. A taxi to town is going to cost $15.00-$17.00 for 2-4 people. We ate @ PEPE's, I had the fisherman's platter $25 US which was good, but my wife had the steak and lobster which was exceptional $50 US!

7. There are timeshare like people at Allegro. If your not interested tell them firmly upfront. We did do the timeshare tour bc they were going to give us a free jeep rental for a day (which would normally cost $65 per day) and a free round trip taxi to town for 4 (which would cost $34.00). The tour takes 90-120 min. Don't ask questions if you don't want it to take all day.

8. The staff was great for the most part (one of the gentlemen at the front desk seemed a bit grumpy but he was the exception).

9. The grounds were very well maintained.

10. The resort seemed more family oriented with not much going on during the evening. Fast Freddies disco was fun one night, but not so much the next morning. The resort was at ~20% capacity during our stay which made getting a drink or towel and chair easy but perhaps the night activity suffered a bit.

Overall, I'd recommend Allegro. It has great value with an excellent beach, nice people and the negatives are really not as bad as some are writing. If you don't need 5 star pampering Allegro should give you a great trip!

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
5  Thank TravisMinneapolis_MN
Reviewed 22 October 2007

I have just returned from a week in Cozumel with my boyfriend. This hotel is OK. If you're used to staying in 4 and 5 star accomdation then this is not for you. I would definitely not recommed this for a honeymoon. We had an alrigh time but to be honest this is not somewhere I would go back to

Low Points
The food was very poor indeed. Edible but was more quantity than quality from Breakfast right through to dinner. Wa quite a downer for the whole holiday !!!
Representative sell sell sell when to be honest you can book the trip for a cheaper price, wasnt very impressed

Good points
Resort is directly on a beautiful beach which you practically have to yourself.
Friendly staff always smiling
Ok for beginner divers

Its an avergage place with great surroundings, ok value for money

From Gemma, London Uk

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DimplesLondon_UK
Reviewed 22 October 2007

This resort has a fantastic beach and staff very friendly and helpful.

The rooms need updated. They're not bad, but musty and damp. It is very humid there this time of year though. With improvements in ventilation this could be rectified. Bed was firm but not uncomfortable.

The food is good, but not exceptional. Drinks were great.

The massages at the spa are wonderful. I felt like melted butter after.

I highly recommend renting a car and driving around the island. There is only one road so you really can't get lost. The sights are breathtaking along the ocean. You can visit the ruins, the lighthouse at Punta Sur, the tequilla factory, and there's little resturants along the way. Also, take the snorkeling tour on the Fury.

Although this is not a five star resort, it is good. A prime location. Lots and lots of shells ... crystal clear blue water. Plenty of shoreline to walk on. Take those slip on water/beach shoes. Some spots are coarse with bare feet.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with friends
2  Thank luvnnature
Reviewed 21 October 2007

Nice cozy all inclusive resort. Do keep in mine that Cozumel is not your typical high end fancy resort destinations; it caters to more of a diver, earth friendly crowd. If pampering is what you’re seeking or you’re celebrating a honeymoon, maybe you need to go to a four or five star resort at Playa Del Carmen or Cancun to be pampered. However if your adventures enough this is the place for you.
Now the hotel is located at the calmest beach on the island, San Francisco beach. Great for snorkeling and windsurfing. Excellent staff for all inclusive activities. Antonio, who was in charged for all the equipments was all so helpful. Jesus, was so patient and kind to teach us how to sail on the Hobie cat. Couldn’t say enough about our experience with them.
The food was adequate, it serve its purposes. The buffet always had a great choice of different items, and the Al la cart restaurants was always up to par, given with what resources they have. The Bar tenders where great, as well as the house keeping staff. It’s amazing that it's the little things that makes you experience at any given resort that much more enjoyable.
Over all, this certainly is a place that I would revisit. If they don’t change a thing, I’ll be very content.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family