“Simply Divine!”

Barefoot in Cozumel
Ranked #2 of 29 Spas & Wellness in Cozumel
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Barefoot in Cozumel is a haven of relaxation. Enjoy a variety of massages, ranging from the easy, relaxing Swedish style to the deeper, flowing Ashiatsu, a massage done by the feet. Energywork is also available: Reiki and Matrix Energetics. Sally Hurwitch is an American certified massage therapist and energyworker devoted to providing her clients with the best possible hour of their vacation. She is a solo practioner, so appointments made are always handled by her personally. Barefoot in Cozumel... because you deserve a great massage. Prices have no increased since 2006, just $60usd per hour massage and $85usd for 90 minutes. Please check out the linked website for additional information.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Atlanta, Georgia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Simply Divine!”
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I booked a 90 minute ashiatsu massage for both my husband and myself based on the Trip Advisor reviews that I'd read. So happy that I did. :) We were on a cruise, and instead of doing the same old things we usually do while in Cozumel, we decided to treat ourselves to massages. It was a quick cab ride from the cruise ship pier to Sally's place. Sally is great! She's very friendly, and she took the time to ask about any health issues/concerns we had prior to starting the massages. Not only that, she thoroughly explained what to expect during the ashiatsu massage. I felt very relaxed at the conclusion of the massage. I HIGHLY recommend doing this if you are going to be in Cozumel, whether for an extended stay or in place of a port excursion if you are on a cruise!!! We will definitely go back the next time we are in Cozumel!

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Dancingpookielg

Milwaukee, WI
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“It felt sooooooooooo good!”
Reviewed 23 February 2012

My husband and I both booked with Sally and we were so glad we did. Her little cottage is located conveniently close to downtown so it is easy to get to. She gives you great directions. She takes her time when you first arrive to go over your medical history and any concerns or problems you want to address. Then she explains the type of massage you will have and asks any questions before she gets ready to start. She steps outs to give you privacy while undressing and you ring a bell when you are ready. We both had the barefoot massage and what an experience that was! My whole body felt so good afterwards. My husband was almost zombie like when he got done. Talk as much as you want or as little as you want---it is your time. I would definitely visit again and it was a great bargain compared to the hotel spas. Sally even followed up when we got back home with an email that included stretches to help our problem area. This is a real gem in Cozumel---give it a try!

Visited February 2012
1 Thank WIAnnabanana
Shoreview, Minnesota
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“You will love this unique and beneficial massage.”
Reviewed 30 January 2012

If you are looking for the ultimate in relaxation and relief for your aching muscles, you will benefit from Sally's skillful barefoot massage and serene environment. Sally has a modest cottage not far from the market, but don't let that stop you from experiencing Sally's excellent massage.

1 Thank miriam062
Sapulpa, OK
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“A Must-Do in Cozumel”
Reviewed 20 January 2012

We recently enjoyed our second visit to Sally in as many years. Both times, we opted for the unique experience of the Ashiatsu (barefoot) therapy. Sally was certified in this technique by its founder. If the thoughts of having bare feet on your skin bother you, think again. Sally is as professional as they come and takes great care of her feet, including sanitizing them immediately prior to the treatment. Cozumel hosts an Ironman competition annually and Sally has twice been chosen as the only massage therapist to assist in the medical tent. We are both long distance runners and part of the care we give our bodies is to have massages. Normally we have deep tissue massage, which Sally also offers. But the Ashiatsu treatment was truly in a class by itself! And her prices are very competitive, actually much less expensive than the spa at the all-inclusive where we stayed.

There are a few items that are always on our agenda when we are in Cozumel and this is definitely one of them.

3 Thank Dennis S
Barataria, Louisiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Very relaxing!”
Reviewed 11 January 2012

My wife and I went to Barefoot in Cozumel this past Saturday. I had the 60 minute Ashiatsu massage, and my wife had the 60 minute deep tissue massage. We both thoroughly enjoyed them. If in Cozumel I highly recommend Barefoot in Cozumel. When we returned home Sally sent us an email showing us the tension areas, with exercises to help with them.

1 Thank Brent-and-Paula